Rooftop

It All Started With A Dare

Kyung Mi's POV

"Komawo." I said, while I bowed to him several times.

"No problem." Dongho said.

I stopped bowing. "Is there anything I can do in return?"

"No, no. It's fi- On second thought, I have something in mind." he smirked.

"Uhh, what's that?" I asked.

"To ditch school!" he excitedly replied.

My jaw dropped. "B-bwoh?"

"I said, 'to ditch sc-"

"I know what you said, but why that."

"You said ANYTHING." 

Before I could even reply, he dragged me and started running.

"Where are we going?!" I asked.

"Ditching!" he replied.

We were halfway to the exit when...

"Yah, yah, YAH! Where are you kids going?! Get back to class!" an adult asked, yelling.

I turned back and saw the vice principal running after us. Aish! I had no other choice but to run with Dongho.

"Change in mind?" he asked, chuckling.

"The vice principal is running after us." 

He chuckled and stopped. He lowered himself.

"Why are you stopping?!" I asked, confused as to why he stopped.

"Get on."

"Bwoh?" 

"Get on my back. Ppali! He's coming." he said.

I had no other choice but to get on his back. After running out the exit, we ran out of the school's gates. He started panting. I realized that I was still on his back, so I jumped off.

"Mian." I said to him.

"Where do you want to go?" he asked, after he caught his breath.

"It's up to you." 

Instead of a response from him, he grabbed my arm and started running somewhere. We were back at school, but I knew we weren't going to our classes. After a while of running, we ended up at the school's rooftop. 

"What're we doing here?" I asked him.

"I always come here to think. You should feel special." he told me.

"Special? Wae?" 

"Special, because you're the first person I brought here." he explained as he winked at me.

I stared at the ground so he wouldn't see me turn red as a tomato. My heart suddenly started beating fast. What's this supposed to mean?

"I come here when I'm frustrated. I let all my anger out here." he explained as he started looking at the view.

"Why would you be angry?" I asked.

"My dad keeps bugging me about marrying someone for his business." he replied, as he looked up to the blue sky.

"At least you have a dad." I said under my breath.

"What do you mean when you say 'At least you have a dad' ?" 

"H-huh? I didn't say anything like that." I said, laughing it off.

"I'm not deaf, Kyung Mi. Now tell me what you meant."

"W-well, I, actually don't have a d-dad. I was an accident. When he found out that he got my mom pregnant, he left my mom." I explained.

"So, you mean to say that you're parents were just having fun and then you happened?"

I nodded.

"Well, I'd rather not have a dad." he said.

"Why would you say that? You're dad probably cares about you."

"No, he doesn't care about me. He cares about his company. He makes decisions for me. Sometimes I just want to run away from all of it."

I had to agree to that. I don't want someone making decisions for me. I didn't know how to comfort him so I just put my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me. I just smiled.

"Just wear a smile on your face. It'll all be fine." I said still smiling.

He looked at me and we had eye contact. My heart started beating like crazy again. 

I looked away to break the awkward moment.

-----

DONGHO'S POV

When I got home from school, I walked to my room.

"Dongho! Come with me. I have another client who's interested in marrying." appa shouted.

"I don't want to." I said, as I entered my room and closed it with my foot. I locked it so that appa won't come in and bother me with this marriage things.

"Son! Get out of your room and meet her. She might be nice!" appa yelled through the door.

"Appa! How many times am I going to tell you?! I want to choose my own wife!" I yelled.

After a lot of arguing, appa finally left. Aish! Appa won't stop bothering me. My head replaced my madness with Kyung Mi's face. When Kyung Mi and I had the eye contact, my heart was beating so fast. I just don't get it. This is all a dare. I'm not falling for her, am I?

 


I'm really sorry guys for not updating for so LONG. I've been having writer's block.

Oh, by the way, this  school has a three story building.

Well, I hoped you liked this chapter.

And guys, please comment I feel as if I'm writing to a wall.

Annyeong!