A Dare

It All Started With A Dare

Narrator's POV

Instead of going to lunch, Kyung Mi walked to the piano room. She sat on the bench that was in front of the piano. She started playing the chorus of Davichi's Love My Love on the piano. 

"..... Kajima sarang sarang sarang aaaa

Jebal jebal kajima aaaa

Nunmultuseongi sangcheotuseongi nae gaseumeun eotteokhae

Apa apa apa kajima saranga..." Kyung Mi sang, hitting all the right notes.

Then, someone came in, clapping. Which startled Kyung Mi. Kyung Mi looked to see who it was. It was Mrs. Kang. The school's music and dance teacher.

"That was beautiful, Kyung Mi-ah." Mrs. Kang complimented.

Kyung Mi bowed. "Ah, komawoyo. But Mrs. Kang, please don't tell anyone about this."

"Waeyo? Your voice is so amazing." 

"It's just..." Kyung Mi said trailing off.

"How about you join night class?" Mrs. Kang offered.

"Night class?" Kyung Mi asked. She didn't have a clue about any night classes.

"At our night classes, you don't learn about math, English, science. or social studies. You learn about music, singing, dancing, and all that kind of stuff. But we don't do our night classes here at this building, we do it at that building." Mrs. Kang said, pointing at the two story building across the school.

"It's sort of like an arts school." Mrs. Kang added.

"Are you the only teacher teaching there?" Kyung Mi asked.

"Yeah. The students that are currently attending are the kingkas, queenkas, and one other student. So are you in?" 

"Uhh, the other students there will just bully and push me around." Kyung Mi's head hang low.

"I won't let that happen, Kyung Mi-ah. How about I give you time to decide?"

"How long are you going to give me?" 

"1 week."

"Okay, I'll think about it. And please don't tell anyone about me singing?"

Mrs. Kang nodded.

 

Kyung Mi's POV

I walked out of the piano room to go to the cafeteria. Aish! Kyung Mi-ah, you're sucha pabo! I grabbed my lunch and walked to an isolated corner. I grabbed the sandwich and started eating.

 

NARRTOR'S POV

"Dongho-yah, I dare you to make the nerd fall for you. Then, break her heart when she's totally head over heels for you. Easy, right?" Eli said.

"Dongho-yah. You said you were the biggest player in school, right? Just do the dare." Hoon said.

"But she's so ugly, hyung~" Dongho whined.

"Does that mean that I'm the biggest player?" Hoon chuckled.

"Fine fine. I'll do it." Dongho sighed in defeat.

Dongho walked to Kyung Mi. She was at an isolated corner.

"Well, hello there." Dongho said, putting on a smile.

Kyung Mi looked up and pushed her black thick glasses to the bridge of her nose. "Me?"

"Who else?" Dongho chuckled.

"Oppa, don't talk to her! She's so ugly! Just the look at her face makes me want to puke!"  Ah Jung exclaimed, pretending to gag.

Dongho ignored her and said, "Hey, don't listen to her. You're beautiful."

Butterflies fluttered in her stomach and she unknowingly blushed.

"Oppa, have you totally lost your mind? Are you blind?" Ri Ah asked, waving one hand in front of Dongho's face.

"I haven't lost my mind, nor am I blind." Dongho replied.

"So, Kyung Mi-ah right?" Dongho asked.

Kyung Mi nodded slowly.

"Wanna be friends?" Dongho asked.

"Uhm, you're talking to a nerd, Dongho-ssi." Kyung Mi said.

"You're still human." Dongho simply replied.

"Uhh, I guess I can be your friend." Kyung Mi said, touched by his words.

The three queenkas glared at her.

"Uhh, Dongho-ssi, I have to go now." Kyung Mi said getting up and throwing her tray away. She walked to her 4th period class. Before she could step foot in side the classroom, she was dragged to the girl's washroom by the three queenkas.

"Stay away from our Dongho oppa!" Noo Ri shouted.

Without another word, the three girls started attacking Kyung Mi. When they finished, Ri Ah warned Kyung Mi to stay away from U-Kiss or else she'll get more beatings from them.

Kyung Mi was about to stand up, but collapsed for the second time of the day.

-----

Kyung Mi woke up. She looked around and found herself in the health center once again.

"I knew this one was coming." Kyung Mi muttered under her breath.

"YAH! Kyung Mi-ah! What happened to you?" Kyung Mi's mom yelled worriedly, from the door.

"Umma?" Kyung Mi asked, unsure if it was her mom or not.

"What happened to you?" Kyung Mi's umma said, walking inside.

"I... uhh... a cat attacked me?" 

"Sure." her mom sarcastically replied.

"Mom, you can go now. I'm fine."

"Here, I brought you your extra uniform. Bye." Kyung Mi's mom said, handing Kyung Mi her uniform.

Kyung Mi's mom left.

"Nurse, may I just stay here?" Kyung Mi asked.

"If you don't feel good, you can stay." the nurse replied.

"I'm gonna stay."

"Change your clothes first." the nurse said.

-----

*Bell Rings*

Kyung Mi's POV

After a long day at school, I managed to come home alive. I finished all my homework so I guess I have to tell my mom about the offer Mrs. Kang gave me.

"My dear mother~ Where are you~" I sang.

"Here in the kitchen!" umma shouted.

I walked to the kitchen.

"Umma, Mrs. Kang gave me an offer." I said.

"And the offer is..." umma asked.

"Take night classes."

"Wae?"

"It's not really a regular night class. We don't do math, science, english, or social studies. Instead, we learn about music, singing, dancing, and all that kind of stuff. It's sort of like an arts school We take this class at another building. The two story building across our school. " I explained like Mrs. Kang explained to me.

"That's fine with me. Do you want to take it?"  

"Do you want me to take it?" I asked her.

"Sure." mom replied.

Then, it's decided.