Chapter 7

The forgotten

The rest of the week Chanyeol was no where to be seen and it actually made Baekhyun feel more at ease. But once the next week started, he made sure he was back to try again.

The smaller couldn't remember anything so it was like a new start for Chanyeol and even though that helps him reintroduce himself, it still causes him pain to know that his best friend can't actually remember how they really met.

Baekhyun walks into the bus to see it packed for once. His face heated up in embarrassment and the longer he took to find a seat, the more he felt like he wanted to just bail. The smaller looks on both sides gaining annoyed responses out of everyone. Until he saw an empty aisle seat by a tall dark haired boy.

"May I sit here," Baekhyun asked feeling as if this was his last chance on finding a seat.

"Yeah, I don't mind."

Chanyeol turned his head to the small boy and back at the window feeling as if he was going to lose it if he didn't set things straight. While Baekhyun took out a pad of paper and wrote, not really minding the other.

The bus came to a stop and the two both got off.

"Oh, you get off here as well?"

Chanyeol nodded in response and followed the smaller out. Once they exited the bus Baekhyun walked away. What the hell am I going to do with this boy?

The taller followed keeping a close eye on where the small boy was going. He thought it was kind of creepy doing what he was doing but he knew he had to do something.

Chanyeol finally came to a stop at a cafe to get some rest.

"I'll just catch up to him later."

And with surprise Baekhyun also walked inside the building as well and sat right across from him.

"Oh, your the boy from the bus aren't you?" the taller asked trying to act as if he wasn't following him all day.

"Yeah," the smaller smiles a genuine smile as he puts down the book he got the day they first met. "My name is  Byun Baekhyun by the way."

"Park Chanyeol."

"I know we only met and all but I really am thankful that you were on that bus. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't find a seat."

The taller froze on spot and his cheeks turned to a light pink hue.

"Uh, No problem...in a matter of fact I am also glad I was on that bus too."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I need--"

Before Chanyeol could finish his answer the waitress places his hot chocolate on the old wooden table leaving nothing but the sound of the cup hitting the hard surface.

"What were you saying?"

"It was nothing.."

The smaller scoots closer to the to table almost pressing his whole body against it.

"You're quite interesting Park Chanyeol. Why did you come to the place anyways?"

"You ask a lot of questions."

Baekhyun awkwardly looks down at his knees regretting to let the overwhelming excitement take over.

"Sorry I was just trying to get to know you."

The lady comes back but this time with the others order and instead of the glass hitting the wood the lady started to badly cough.

"Are you ok miss?"

The lady just nodded and tried walking back to the cashier but cell to the ground in an unconscious state. Chanyeol grabbed onto one of her arms preventing her from hitting her head on the tile.

"I'll go get some help," Baekhyun gets up and runs to the kitchen of the diner and comes do back with one of the cooks.

Not too long after the lady was taken to the hospital and the two were walking back to the bus stop after a long day.

"That was so cool when you grabbed her arm that quick. I could never do that and you really helped that girl. What do you think happened?"

Chanyeol doesn't say anything and just walks inside the bus. He stop in the middle of the aisle stopping the smaller as well.

"What are you doing? Sit down already, they are staring at us."

"You can sit near the window," the taller offered knowing that the little boy loved looking outside from the window on the bus.

"Really!?"

"Yeah."

Baekhyun quickly scoots into the seat and stares intensely outside into the pitch dark. He watched how the street lights lit up some of the dark patches and as soon as the bus came to his stop he bolted outside. But before he left the last step of the bus he shouted at the top of his lungs, "Thank you!"

Chanyeol smiled to himself as he took over the spot the boy once sat and watched the streets Baekhyun watched before they met.

"I knew he was interesting."