Chapter 8

The forgotten

Baekhyun walked to the bus stop, excited to maybe see the same boy he saw yesterday and just as soon as he got inside the warm vehicle he saw Chanyeol waving towards him. The small boys face lit up as he quickly got to the seat. Chanyeol got up so the other could take his seat.

"Thank you. Where are you headed?"

The taller stood quiet as he stressed on what to say. I can't say I'm only here to follow you.

"Uh..um the...the...market."

"Market? That's interesting. Can I come with?"

Chanyeol couldn't believe what he just heard. He felt as if it was hopeless getting close to this kid.

"Yeah! I mean sure."

Baekhyun let out a small laugh with how quick the other replied.

"Good."

The two finally edit the bus and onto a sidewalk near a good market. Are you serious Chanyeol out of all places you had to choose a market. As they walked into the store not a single word was spoken, leaving an awkward silence.  I don't think I brought enough money to buy food.

"So what are you getting from here?"

"Avocados," the taller said trying to find the cheapest thing around to buy.

"Avocados?" The smaller chuckled, "You are quite interesting."

Chanyeol threw an avocado in the basket causing a loud sound to catch the smallest attention.

"What are you doing weirdo?" Baekhyuns warm soft hands lightly touch the talkers as he grabs the second avocado out of his hand. "First your supposed to check if their soft enough to eat and then you put it in a bag." 

Chanyeol felt short of breath as he thought about his soft touch.

"Chanyeol?"

"Huh!"

"Do you need anything else?"

"No. I just needed two avocados."

The giant pushed the cart to one of the check outs and once in a while he would glance at the cluless little boy walking beside him.

 

 

 

They exit the store and walk to the bus stop together to find out that the bus won't be there for a while.

"Why today," the smaller whined as his teeth chattered.

Chanyeol notices Baekhyun shivering and takes off his only source of warmth. He places his heavy coat on into the others shivering shoulders. The smaller turns to interlock eyes with the taller. 

"Thanks.." Baekhyun mumbles under the fabric of the giants coat.

As he took in the scent of Chanyeol he couldn't stop the hue of red hinting his cheeks with a warmth of fire burning his skin.

The taller quickly turns around realizing how adorable Baekhyun looks in his huge coat, only leaving silence to occupy them until the bus came to pick them up.

"Sorry boys the heaters are not working," the bus driver stated as she stared at two kids shivering to their seat.

"It's ok."

They finally sit down quietly, trying not to disturb anyone on the bus.

Baekhyun inhales the tallers scent once more and looks back at the pitch darkness.

"Will I be swing you again?"

Chanyeol felt as if his ears were deceiving him.

"Of course."