ZWEI

Germanized

During diner, Taekwoon and his parents talked about everything. His mother worked at a clothing store, while his father worked as a mechanic. So you can say that the Jung family were doing quite well in the German society, but Taekwoon was even more successful than his own parents. Taekwoon knew the German language and his parents spoke a bit of broken German. The citizens understood what they meant and helped them out with their words if needed. Taekwoon's parents knew that some customers came often to the groceries store where Taekwoon worked, just because Taekwoon was very helpful and was loved by the citizens.

''Have you spoken to any of the main customers again?'' Taekwoon's mum spoke up to break the short silence and Taekwoon nodded after a bite of his ramen.

''Yes, I have spoken to a few again. And like always, they were happy to see me.'' Taekwoon answered and smiled to his mother. Customers loved to come back and thanks to Taekwoon working there, the shop made more money than it did before. But it also had a darker side, because Taekwoon hasn't been on holiday ever since he started to work at the groceries store. And even though he wanted to travel, he just couldn't.

''Good to hear that you are doing well, Taekwoon.'' his dad joined into the conversation and Taekwoon nodded at his dad. Taekwoon didn't want to exchange any of this, because he was living a happy life here in Germany. He didn't want to go to South Korea, because he wasn't used to the way of living over there as Taekwoon was born and raised here in Munich.

The three members of the Jung family continued their conversation and soon, the conversation switched to one subject to another. They talked about everything, but that's what made this family such a strong family. Whenever one of them had issues, they talked about it as an entire family. But Taekwoon's parents also told Taekwoon how their life was like back in Korea, which was more a strict lifestyle. They had to work hard and barely had any time off, so there was barely any time for the couple to spend together. But they fled, because it became too dangerous to live in Korea. In the area where they lived, lots of youth were taking over the area and broke into several homes.

Ever since the Jung couple arrived in Germany, they had to get used to everything in the country. Everything was new to them, but the German people were kind enough to help them out and taught the two a bit of basic German words. They taught not many words, but enough for them to explain themselves a bit towards the German people. They lived in a temporary small condo, but moved to a small house as soon as mr. Jung earned enough money to buy a small house to live in. And they still live in that small house. Well, it's big enough to live in with 3 people.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When Taekwoon helped his mother out doing the dishes, the Jung family continued their talk. But they also talked about some mysterious creatures that were making their way up in the Korean society, his mother started this conversation. Taekwoon didn't believe these creatues exist, but decided to listen to his mother telling a story.

''When it all started, no one knew what happened. They noticed the two wholes in the victims' neck, but no one knew what or who could've done it. So they just let it be and even the police didn't start an investigation, because they had no idea where to start. And at first, nothing seemed wrong and people peacefully went on with their lives. But after a while, the killings began again and people became frightened. They didn't know who did this and why. People later started to realise that the killings only took place at night, so people tried to live like before at day. But fear was still in their hearts.

But after a year of investigations, the police revealed that vampires were attacking the entire country. All of us were terrified, because we didn't know when the vampires were going to strike again and for who they would come. We later learned that they attacked random people and drank blood from us in order to survive. It was scary, but we at least knew what was killing people.'' Taekwoon's eyes widened when his mother told him the story about vampires attacking the entire country. But yet again, Taekwoon didn't want to believe it. Neither did his parents, because it was all nonsense to them.

After the dishes, the three sat down in front of a small black and white TV. A TV was pretty new to the Jung household ,because no one had one back in Korea, but it made the nights less boring. For Taekwoon, he didn't even know about a strict life like his parents talked about. Taekwoon was living in a century in which young people like him were doing stuff that they liked and stood up against their parents. But Taekwoon couldn't be like that, he had to stay loyal to his parents no matter what. It's in their nature to stay loyal to their parents, so Taekwoon had to do that too. Taekwoon knew some German guys who followed the flow and stood up against their parents to let them know he no longer wanted to do and like whatever his parents did and liked, but Taekwoon couldn't break his parents' boundaries.

Taekwoon didn't talk much and didn't watch much of what happened on the TV, because he was tired as heck. He made a long day at work, so it was understandable that Taekwoon was tired. His head hung back and his sleepy face was up at the ceiling. His parents talked to each other and Taekwoon could hear his mother giggle when they saw that Taekwoon was asleep. They understood it was tough for a young man to work for so many hours and to work so hard. Mrs. Jung poked Taekwoon in his side, causing Taekwoon to sit up straight and to open his sleepy eyes.

''Taekwoon-ah, why don't you go to bed? I guess you have to get up early tomorrow morning.'' mrs. Jung said and Taekwoon nodded, before he gave his parents a kiss and headed upstairs. With all the strength he had, he went to the bathroom and brushed his teeth. He didn't even look at himself in the mirror, because he looked horrible. When he was done, he dragged himself to his bedroom and changed into some comfortable pyjamas. Taekwoon tied up his long black locks into a ponytail and dropped himself on his bed. Taekwoon pulled the blankets over him and immediately fell asleep.