ZWÖLF

Germanized

Once Taekwoon arrives at the store, the owner opens the door and pulls Taekwoon in for a short hug.

''Es tut mir leid für alles, was passiert ist (I'm sorry for everything what happened).'' the owner said and let go of Taekwoon, before he closed the door.

''Danke. (Thank you)'' Taekwoon responded and sighed. Taekwoon walked to the back to drop his stuff there. The owner had followed him and placed a hand on your shoulder.

''Wie gehst jetzt vor, nachdem beide Eltern gestorben sind? (How do you move on now that both parents have passed?)'' the owner asked and Taekwoon turned to look at him. Taekwoon sighed and raised his shoulders. He couldn't tell the owner that he was living with a vampire that basically claimed the house as his place to stay, because the owner would either say he's crazy or he should fear for his life.

''Keine Ahnung (I don't know)'' Taekwoon responded and the owner removed his hand from Taekwoon's shoulder. Taekwoon and the owner made their way to the front of the store again and they were greeted by Markus. Markus had to work today aswell, but he didn't mind. As long as he had great colleagues, he didn't mind that he had to work.

''Ah Leo, wie geht's? (Ah Leo, how are you doing?)'' Markus asked and pulled Taekwoon in for a short hug. Taekwoon sighed and Markus let go of him shortly after that. Taekwoon was showing that life without his parents was tough and that he basically had no one to rely on other than his colleagues at work.

''Es geht ein bisschen. Es ist schwer, jetzt ohne Eltern zu leben. (I'm okay. It's hard to live without parents now.)'' Taekwoon responded with no expression in his face at all and Markus placed a hand on Taekwoon's shoulder. Both the owner and Markus felt sorry for whatever Taekwoon went through, because Taekwoon had to live without both of his parents. Little did they know that there was a vampire living in Taekwoon's house and that Taekwoon was marked by the vampire, so that no one could get Taekwoon.

''Was ist das in deinem Hals, Leo? Eine Markierung? (What is that in your neck, Leo? A mark?)'' the owner asked and took a closer look to the mark in Taekwoon's neck. Taekwoon tried to remain expressionless, but he was freaking out in his mind. The owner couldn't know about Hakyeon living with him, because the owner would freak out when he would find out about a vampire living with Taekwoon.

Markus came over and looked at the mark aswell. The mark had the initials CHY, standing for Hakyeon's name. From a distance, it would look like a tattoo. But the mark looked like it was glowing, while it didn't.

''Du wirst mir nicht sagen, dass ein Vampir dich gebissen hat? (You're not gonna tell me that a vampire bit you?)'' Markus asked and Taekwoon didn't say a word. He hated it that the mark was exposing that a vampire like Hakyeon had bitten him and claimed him, but it became harder for him to lie about it. Because Markus already knew how their marks looked like.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The morning passed by as a fast train and lots of customers came by to do their grocery shopping, but they also came to condole Taekwoon. The newspapers were filled with the murders that didn't end and they heard about Taekwoon's parents being one of these victims. Even though Taekwoon didn't like this attention, he was glad that Munich stood behind him and were there for him. Taekwoon really appreciated that, he wasn't all alone.

''Es ist schön zu sehen, dass Sie nach dem Tod Ihrer Eltern so hart arbeiten, das respektiere ich. (It's good to see you work so hard after your parents died, I respect that.)'' the owner said and Taekwoon had a faint smile on his face. Taekwoon had to keep the culture alive that his parents brought to this country and he had to work hard, because he was the only one left of his family.

''Danke (Thank you)'' Taekwoon said and bowed to the owner. The owner was quite surprised by Taekwoon's bows when this young man came to work here a few years ago, but he learned that it was a sign of respect in the Korean culture. So the owner learned from the Korean culture because of Taekwoon.

Markus was cleaning a bit and Taekwoon was checking the stock after the small conversation he had with the owner. Taekwoon couldn't stop thinking about Hakyeon and Taekwoon was scared to go home, for the first time in his entire life. Taekwoon didn't know what Hakyeon was going to do and Taekwoon was scared that Hakyeon was going to kill him for good.

But Markus couldn't keep his eyes away from the mark in Taekwoon's neck. Taekwoon tried to cover it up as much as possible, but there was still a lot from the mark visible. And even though Taekwoon didn't say a word about the mark, Markus was convinced that Taekwoon was bitten by a vampire. His eyes didn't leave the mark and wanted to know where those letters were for. CHY, was that a name? Markus wanted to know, but he never would get the answers of Taekwoon. So he had to follow Taekwoon when he went home to see if there was nothing wrong at all.

But just before he was even aware of his next move, he went over to Taekwoon and grabbed his collar.

''Du wirst mir jetzt sagen, ob dich ein Vampir gebissen hat. Sag mir nicht, dass es nicht so ist. (You are going to tell me now if a vampire has bitten you. Don't tell me it's not.)'' Markus hissed and Taekwoon froze in his spot. Did this mark become Markus' obsession and why did he wanted to know that he was bitten by a vampire?

''Ach komm schon, Markus, mir geht's gut (Oh come on Markus, I'm fine)'' Taekwoon whined and looked at Markus. He never was going to tell Markus that Hakyeon claimed him, because Markus would tell it to the owner and Taekwoon didn't know how the owner would react.

''Ich werde dich nicht loslassen, bis du mir sagst, ob dieser Vampir dich gebissen hat oder nicht (I'm not going to let go of you until you tell me if this vampire bit you or not)'' Markus hissed again and his grip on Taekwoon's wrist tightened, resulting in Taekwoon starting to whine. He never was going to tell anything, because Hakyeon was going to kill him if he would say something.

''Welcher Vampir? (Which vampire?)'' the owner asked and both Taekwoon and Markus stood frozen in their spot. The owner must've heard their conversation and Taekwoon was scared. Markus looked at Taekwoon again and gave him a look that he better tell the owner how the mark ended up in his neck. Taekwoon sighed and looked at the owner.

''Markus hat recht, ich wurde von einem Vampir gebissen. Er hat mich markiert und wird mich nicht gehen lassen, aber fragen Sie mich nicht, warum er mich gebissen hat. (Markus is right, I was bitten by a vampire. He has marked me and he isn't going to let me go, but don't ask me why he bit me.)'' Taekwoon confessed and both Markus and the owner looked with wide eyes at Taekwoon. So it was true? A vampire had set his eyes on Taekwoon and the owner feared for Taekwoon's safety.