SIEBZEHN

Germanized

The day at work started off like any other. The first few hours were quite peaceful, as not that many customers had entered the store to buy something. But at about 10 AM, mrs. Jäger entered the store and smiled when she saw Taekwoon. She was glad that Taekwoon was still alive, because she heard about the murders on his parents.

''Guten Morgen Leo, wie geht es dir heute? (Good Morning Leo, how are you doing by today?)'' mrs. Jäger asked and Taekwoon smiled at her when she approached him. She hadn't even got some groceries yet, but she wanted to have a chat with Taekwoon before she was going to get her groceries.

''Guten Morgen, mir geht es gut. Es ist schwer ohne meine Eltern zu leben, aber es geht mir gut. (Good Morning, I'm okay right now. It's hard to live without my parents, but I'll be fine.)'' Taekwoon answered and mrs. Jäger felt relieved to see that Taekwoon was doing well. Mrs. Jäger knew about Taekwoon's story and instantly thought of him when she read in the newspaper that both of his parents were murdered... by a vampire. 

The citizens of Munich were stunned to read that a vampire had killed many citizens of Korean descent, because they always thought that vampires never existed. It turned to fear when the citizens read that Taekwoon was an orphan after his mother was found dead, so people from Munich came to the grocery store a lot to ask how Taekwoon was doing.

''Ah, gut. (Ah, great)'' mrs. Jäger smiled and walked away to get her groceries. Markus ,in the mean time, was checking the stock and refilled the stock when it looked rather empty. 

Taekwoon was behind the cash register again and the owner was doing his finances in the back of the store, but his door was always open to see what was going on in the front of the store. The owner was scared to see the vampire again, but the owner didn't know that vampires only showed up at night. And neither did Markus.

When mrs. Jäger couldn't find something, Markus helped her out and mrs. Jäger was happy that she recieved some help from Markus. Though mrs. Jäger never really cared about who of the two men were going to help her, as long as she got her groceries.

Shortly after mrs. Jäger was done, she came back to Taekwoon and Taekwoon filled in the prices on the cash register.

''Hast du Angst, dass der Vampir eines Tages zurückkehren wird? (Are you scared that the vampire will return one day?)'' mrs. Jäger asked and Taekwoon sighed. Ofcourse, he was scared. But he didn't want to think about that now.

''Natürlich bin ich es, aber darüber möchte ich nicht nachdenken. Weil er früher oder später wiederkommen könnte. (Ofcourse I am, but I don't want to think about that. Because he might return sooner or later.)'' Taekwoon responded and mrs. Jäger nodded after Taekwoon told her that she had to pay him ℳ 80 (~ $40,26). Mrs. Jäger paid him what she owed him and Taekwoon smiled at her.

''Einen schönen Tag noch (Have a nice day)'' Taekwoon told her and she smiled, before she took her groceries and left the shop.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At noon, Taekwoon helped Markus out with checking the stock as the two talked about what happened last night. Markus wanted to know about how Taekwoon felt when the police showed up. Taekwoon explained to him that the vampire threatened to kill Taekwoon, but that the cops saved him by shooting a bullet in Hakyeon's head. Taekwoon wasn't really scared, he is more scared that Hakyeon will come back to kill him for good.

''Ich hoffe, dass er nicht wiederkommt, er hat dich nicht verdient (I hope that he won't come back, he doesn't deserve you)'' Markus tried to encourage Taekwoon and it had a little of an effect on Taekwoon, because Taekwoon knew better. Taekwoon knew that Hakyeon would come back one day and that Hakyeon would kill him.

Taekwoon continued to check the stocks and he encouraged Markus that he would be fine. He dealt with the vampire and he knew how the vampire was like. Taekwoon knew his name, how he looked, what his personality was like and all kind of things like that.

That's when the owner came to the front of the store and told the two young men that he was going to buy some supplies at the market. Taekwoon and Markus agreed with it and the owner left the shop. They had this before and they managed to be fine those times, so why not now?

Shortly after the owner left, someone entered the store and left a newspaper at the desk before he left again. Taekwoon walked to the desk and picked up the newspaper, before he started to read the head article at the main page. The article was about that a vampire was being arrested by the police, because of someone's safety. And that someone turned out to be Taekwoon, but that wasn't mentioned in the article. Much to Taekwoon's relief, because he didn't want to have his name featured in the article.

''Schau dir das an, Markus. (Look at this, Markus.)'' Taekwoon showed the article to Markus and Markus started to read the article. His eyes widened after he read the article and looked with those wide eyes at Taekwoon.

''Sie haben schließlich einen Artikel darüber geschrieben. Die Leute werden wissen, dass du dein Leben als freier Mann lebst. (They finally wrote an article about it. People will know that you are living your life as a free man.)'' Markus said and Taekwoon nodded. He was sure that people would ask about it if they were going to enter the store. Everyone in Munich knew that Taekwoon was the only citizen of Korean descent whose parents were killed.

Taekwoon brought the newspaper to the back of the store and walked back to the front to help out Markus. The owner loved to read the newspaper aswell and he was very interested in what was written in the newspaper, because he loved to be involved in what happened in Munich.

Markus smiled when he looked at Taekwoon in the mean time. To Markus, Taekwoon deserved to live his life without having a vampire in his house. Vampires were seen as creatures of Satan and they should be banned from this place. Too bad, because Taekwoon had a vampire after him who killed Taekwoon's parents and who claimed Taekwoon as his.

Taekwoon now could life his life as a free man again and the vampire was out of his life... for now.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N I wrote two chapters at school while waiting two hours and I want to stop working on this when I reached the 20 chapters. That's a great amount of chapters for this story and I will consider to write something like this again, but that it will take place in another European country. But that's for later.