fünfte

Aufklärung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-Day

Coldplay concert

 

Jungwoo learns a new thing about Lucas today: he has a claustrophobia.

He may look tall and tough compared to the other concert audiences, but once they entered the stadium gate and got in the commotion, the taller could not help but have all his toes wiggle. His knees got weaker and before the guest star even came to the stage, Jungwoo felt the heavy weight of Lucas all over his shoulder with a whisper of “I want to get out of here.”.

So here they are.

Instead of enjoying the Coldplay’s performance that Lucas has tried to memorize all the lyrics to before the concert, they are locked in Lucas’ car. Jungwoo is sitting in the front passenger’s seat with his backrest pulled down; while Lucas lays on the backseat—still unconscious since the moment they arrived in the parking lot. Jungwoo browsed through some news in Lucas’ phone with the mouth full of nut crackers—clearly bored with his situation now.

“W-where am I?”

Jungwoo’s head shot to the backseat as he hears some mumbles in Cantonese. He saw Lucas’ eyes are slightly opened with his hand reached his own forehead.

“Hey, Lucas.” Jungwoo tapped on the Lucas’ thigh, and as Lucas sees the familiar face in the front, he looks a bit relieved but puzzled as well.

“Uh, Jungwoo.” Lucas barely said the paler’s name. “..where am I?”

“Heaven?” Jungwoo nonchalantly replied as he is back to be busy scrolling the news on Lucas’ phone.

Lucas slip a surpressed laugh that sounds more like his breathing. “...why are we not going home?”

“I guess I am amnesia enough to ride a car. Surprise?”

Jungwoo does not really pay attention to what Lucas says or laughs afterwards as he is still absorbed with what he reads in Lucas’ phone. He mumbles some words that Lucas cannot figure out, but afterwards, he comes up with a sudden conclusion.

“I don’t know that you have a claustrophobia.” Jungwoo said, now his attention is back to Lucas.

Lucas seems surprised even though the expression looks thin in his pale face. “How do you know that word?”

“I browsed on your phone.” Jungwoo shows the news he is scrolling to, and Lucas only smiles at what the shorter does. At this point, Mark’s remark was quite right. He looks like Mark’s auntie who raises a baby, which is not a problem at all for Lucas because the taller loves watching every progress that Jungwoo has shown so far.

“Hey, I just realised.” Jungwoo is now typing another sentence in the search engine. “I don’t know that you are a claustrophobic? I guess I do not know much about you—well at least as much as you know about me?”

Lucas scrapes the back of his head and put his palm as his pillow afterwards. “Uh, not really, since you don’t know much about yourself?”

Jungwoo shrugs his shoulder. “Yeah, but at least in this limited knowledge of mine, I should have a chance to know my roommate though. Anyway, I found some kind of methods in the internet for getting to know strangers.”

Lucas raised one side of his brow.

“Questions!” Jungwoo looks bright and excited as if he just got a jackpot. In response, Lucas laughs out loud since the “method” that Jungwoo invented was quite unbelievable. Maybe because he expects something else.

 “You must answer all the questions I will ask. No buts. Deal?” Jungwoo offers his pinkie finger.

Lucas is about to link his pinky finger before he throws another remark. “I will only agree if you don’t ask follow up question. One question one answer, then we move to another answer.”

Jungwoo rolls his eyes. “Wow. Trying to tie my curiosity, huh?”

“Well, deal or nah?” and Lucas is now the one to offer his pinkie finger.

“Alright. Deal.” Jungwoo said, sealing his own finger with Lucas’.

Jungwoo scrolls through Lucas’ phone before finding a good first question. “Would you like to be famous?”

“Hmm..” Lucas knocks his finger on his chin. “I just want to be a renowned neurosurgeon. Actually no. Not really, I don’t want to be famous, but I guess fame is the risk of what I desire to be. So?”

Jungwoo only nods at the taller’s answer. “Interesting. Second, for what in your life do you feel most grateful?”

“That I become a doctor and able to save lives?”

“If you could wake up tomorrow with one superpower, what would it be?”

“Invisible.”

Jungwoo throws a judging look and laughs at him afterwards. “Creep! Like you could stalk people when they get ?”

“No follow up question.” the taller finds himself awkwardly laughing at the remark.

“Fair.” Jungwoo looks out at another question. “What do you value most in a friendship?”

Lucas accidentally remembers Mark and he thinks of why all this time he and Mark could be good friends to each other. Not many people know that their friendship is to the extent where Mark even puts Lucas’ name to be the person he trusted his medical decision to if anything ever happens to Mark, and so does Lucas.

“Well.. trust.”

“Oh, I love this question since I cannot answer it. What is your most treasured memory?” Jungwoo asked.

Lucas mumbles some Cantonese colloquial words before answering such unbelievable sentence. “When my mother remembers me.”

Jungwoo’s attention was grabbed once again as he shots a look to Lucas. “What?”

“No follow up question.” Lucas signs a peace mark, meanwhile Jungwoo only rolls his eyes.

“Hmm.. then, what is your terrible memory?”

“…seeing my mother dies?” Lucas does not seem having a problem to mutter the answer, when Jungwoo is clearly uncomfortable at the strange situation. Fortunately, Jungwoo is quick to shift his gaze to another question and raises his voice once again.

“Okay, to the more fun question. Have you ever had a significant other or been in a relationship?”

“Nope.” Lucas shook his head.

Jungwoo raises one of his eye brow, seemingly confused. He believes that it is not going to be difficult for Lucas to get a partner, but the taller does not seem to be interested in the idea of romantic relationship.

“Have you ever kissed?”

The taller laughs as he remembers the similar question thrown at him several days ago. “I feel like having a déjà vu.”

“Hey, you did not even answer my question back then, though.” Jungwoo sneers at the taller’s answer.

“Alright. I have, once, when I was an intern. Played spin the bottle with colleagues and Mark kissed me. It was…” Lucas reminisced the memory and laughs. “..disgusting.”

“What? Over the game? With dr. Lee? You never kissed with anyone that you liked?” Jungwoo unconsciously shots several follow-up questions.

“Of course not." Lucas giggles at Jungwoo's shocked expression. "I mean, it is disgusting to have bacteria and illness exchange by transferring the saliva—uh, thinking about it makes me dizzy.” Lucas definitely has forgotten the rule he set in the first place.

Jungwoo glorifies his laugh as he heard Lucas’ typical answer. “Too bad.”

“Hm?” Lucas raised one of his brows, he is now in the half-sitting position, as his legs get cramped because it cannot fit with his upper body on the backseat. “Why?”

 Jungwoo looks back at Lucas’ phone, he sighs. “Because I want to ask if it is alright to kiss you.”

What?—“WHAT?” the. Hell?

Lucas gasps and has his mouth open for some seconds and it took quite a bit of forever before Jungwoo realized that he just left Lucas speechless.

“Relax, dude.” Jungwoo imitated the way Lucas talked to him back then when he was still hospitalized. “…I just thought of a life experience. I mean, I am probably 25 or 26, but I never remember that maybe I have kissed? That’s quite a bummer, isn’t it?”

“No..” Lucas frowns get deeper as he has a lot of things to interpret in his mind right n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter