zweite

Aufklärung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days after Jungwoo wakes up.

Hongkong Authority Hospital

 

Not only Mark, Dr. Lim and even everybody else in the hospital were in shook and questioning for Lucas’ impulsive acts. No matter how random or serious the answers that Lucas throws for their questions, they cannot stand on the same ground of understanding with Lucas’ decision to pay the medical bills and take a stranger patient to his home. Lucas even has to go through complicated administration matters from the hospital side and social service to finally be able "adopting" the patient. As Lucas' friend since they were an intern in the hospital, Mark failed to understand the reason behind Lucas' acions. Especially when Mark himself knows how Lucas is a big fan of simplicity and he always wants to stay out of the things that is none of his business.

All Mark could say is that this is the most grande action that Lucas probably has done in his entire life.

“Okay, I will be done from here.” Mark heaved a sigh after he helps Jungwoo to get off from the wheelchair to the passenger seat on Lucas’ car. Jungwoo gives a brief smile to Mark before Mark slowly closes the door and his eyes directly meet with a pair of Lucas’ on the other side of the car.

“Thanks for covering my shift today.”

Lucas slammed the cover of his car trunk and slowly walks to the door of the driver seat.

“No problem. You got a bigger concern.” Mark shifts his gaze to the passenger seat, where Jungwoo only sits there and stays quiet the whole time. “Dude, he doesn’t even want to talk to you.”

“Maybe he forgets how to talk too.” Lucas randomly shoots an answer, earning a look from Mark.

“Clearly, that explains why he answered Dr. Lim’s translator just fine, huh?”

“Fine.” Lucas admits his defeat and opens his car door. He quickly bumps himself to sit on the driver seat and buckles the seatbelt. As he turns on the engine and pushes the pedal when the car slowly moves out of the parking lot, he waves a simple goodbye to Mark Lee before closing the window.

Only the sound of random music from some random channel that Lucas turns on in his car fills the air. Beside that, nothing. Jungwoo does not talk to him and it is not something new. He has not talked to Lucas since the day Lucas saved his life no matter how much Lucas has attempted to be very talkative around him. It always ends up with Lucas speaks with himself instead of a two-way conversation.

“Do you like to hear some Korean music?”

The other person who sits in the car does not budge at all. He only heaved another sigh and throws a look outside the window. Judging from the latter’s expression, Lucas just gives it a go to turn the Hongkong's radio channel that offers some Korean music.

 

You try to run away
Run away from the world
But then you run away
Run away from yourself
And you don’t know the way home*)

 

“I like this song when I was in college.” Lucas starts to chatter and Jungwoo starts to rub his ears as usual. The taller one steals a glance of what his companion did, and to Lucas’ amusement, he found Jungwoo is quite funny when he does that.

“You don’t want to listen to me that much, huh?”

Jungwoo does not respond, while Lucas was not bothered anymore with such behaviour from Jungwoo.

When they arrive in the first traffic light, Lucas pushes his brake slowly and starts to observe around the road—and surely he cannot help but to observe the only person he is with in the car.

Orange hair, skinny figure, and about 180cm tall. It is fortunate that the other person has the same size of clothes as his. He cannot help but to keep glancing the plain black shirt and pair of jeans belong to him that is now entitled to someone else’s. For some seconds he feels like watching himself, but not too long, his thought shifts to wondering how Jungwoo could pull the outfits better than he did.

Lucas has seen a lot of Koreans during his college period, but Jungwoo is definitely one of those Korean heart-robbers who committed a lot of sins toward girls in the past.

Jungwoo, who only has his attention to what happened outside the window, feels like somebody has watched him and turns out it was not a feeling at all as somebody starts honking their car from behind.

“It’s green, Dr. Wong.” Jungwoo muttered.

Lucas was taken aback by the first words said by Jungwoo for few days now and he hurrily pulls the brake and pushes the pedal to moves his car that has been causing a bit riot in the traffic. He stays quiet for some moments later, saving himself from an embarrassment of getting caught being such creep for bluntly staring at Jungwoo. He keeps shaking his head and massaging his own temple to reduce the sudden self-made headache he suffers before he opens his mouth.

“I was just checking if you are alive.”

A moment later, Lucas regrets his useless explanation that sounds more like ‘too much information’ rather than a clarification.

Lucas does not look at Jungwoo’s direction but he could sense the guy was smiling after his words.

 

“We are here.” Lucas push the brake as he ensured he has parked the car perfectly in the usual parking lot he uses in his apartment building. The fifteen-minutes ride feels longer than usual for Lucas because of the awkwardness emitted due to his “so-important-clarification” in addition to Jungwoo stays silent the whole time. Lucas unbuckles his seatbelt right away and he does not seem surprised when he finds Jungwoo only stays quiet on his seat instead of doing what he is doing.

“Alright.” Lucas’s hands help Jungwoo to unbuckle the seatbelt when Jungwoo’s hand strongly pushed away Lucas’ until his hand hits the dashboard loudly.

“I know how to unbuckle seatbelt. I am not stupid.” Jungwoo finally said a word again. Lucas pulled himself back to his seat and leans on the backrest of his seat.

“Then why don’t you?” Lucas folds his hand in front of his chest. He clenched a fist on the hand thrown by Jungwoo because truth to be told: it hurts a lot. In turn, Jungwoo sneers and lets out a cynical laugh that sounds audible to Lucas’ ears.

“Why don’t I?” Jungwoo repeats Lucas’ question, this time he finally looks at Lucas’ eyes. “So now you are asking. Now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter