White, pastel pink and pastel blue

Cotton Candy

I didn't really know the meaning of those colors.

The boy in the cafe was always there, always with a new color in his hair, always with a meaning behind that.

When his hair was blue, I knew it was because of his sister and the bet they made. She loved smurfs and cured her cancer. If she dies, he would probably have another color in his head. Red was because of blood donation, green because of the environment, Green Peace, I don't know. Something like that.

I remembered when his hair was black, a common color, but not to him. He did that because of Grayson’s death.

But what I really do not understand is why, now, the colors are so bright. So… clean. All I know is that I love it.

His name is Park Chanyeol. — at least that's the name in his name tag, and he works every weekend in the cafe I always have breakfast. He’s tall, in a level that doesn't match the angelical face, the teenager smile and the child soul.

He smiles every day to every person and make them feel unique, make them feel special. And maybe they are, but that's something we'll never find out. Chanyeol loves to work with what people call simple or miserable, and he works like it's the best job in the whole world.

Every time I go there I ask a cotton candy milkshake; even though I don't like the taste, I love the colors in the cup. I always take pictures of my milkshake, and I know, it looks crazy because it's the same order and it should be the same picture.

But it's not.

The way the colors were mixed was never the same. White, pastel pink and pastel blue. Always mixed, always beautiful.

But… I’m curious, Park Chanyeol's hair is a mystery that I can't try to resolve. So, with all of my courage, I ask him:

— Uhn… I'm sorry, but, what does that colors in your hair mean?

White. Pastel pink. Pastel blue. Like a cotton candy. The menu is in my hands, I'm shaking. Maybe I'm too nervous.

— What do you think? — he answers. The bright smile in his face almost makes me forget what we are talking about.

— Hm… you tried to mixed colors? Like, you were bored and tried something new? — my voice is too low, but he definitely listened to what I said.

Chanyeol didn't seem to like my answer, actually, his face turns into a sad face.

— Think just a bit more. — he tells, and I can feel the hope in his voice.

I think, looking at the colorful hair, at the pastel pink in contrast with the blue color, that matches the white one… His hair is probably soft as a cloud. I wanna touch them. I have no idea what the colors mean, but I love them. Like I love my cotton candy milkshake.

— You didn't guess it, right?

— Yeah, sorry.

— You know… This colors… is because I knew that cotton candy is your favorite milkshake.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

First of all, this is my first fanfic here, but not in the "fanfic world". I'm a brazilian writer and I'm trying to write in English as well, so... sorry for my mistakes and I hope if someone read this liked it... bye bye