Stone Heart

She Was a Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

Yoona doesn’t want to be late with her appointment with Bogum so she went early to the office that she was almost the one who opened the office. She doesn’t want to give another wrong impression with her boss she thought. The company car is good for four and since it was already occupied by the other staff going to the manufacture building and to some malls where they can monitor their furniture.

Bogum knew that it there will be a lot of staff that will going to use the company cars so he brought his own car. Yoona doesn’t have any choice but to ride with Bogum. It was an awkward situation, to say the least. She tried her best to make the atmosphere smooth but whenever she asks something, Bogum will end it with a simple and satisfying answer.

The staffs went first to the manufacture building but Bogum and Yoona with some staffs as well went first to some malls where she can take down notes of the products and such. Yoona has her notepad with her filling it with her observations and the answers to some questions she asked from the store manager.

While she was writing, she felt like someone is staring at her from the opposite aisle she’s standing. She took a glance at her front to see Bogum looking at her. It was within just a split of seconds when Bogum looked at other direction.

“Yoona-ssi?”

She looked away from Bogum to see the person calling her. Her eyes grew big as she recognized who that was.

“Cho?”

She said happily. She never thought she’d see her again and in St. Moritz! The last time they see each other is when they had their vacation after graduation. Chorong went to England to take up college. She knew that she can’t keep up with their lifestyle anymore and she can’t afford to tell them about her situation although they were friends. She doesn’t want anyone to pity her. She hates that.

“My gosh Yoona! It is you! Where have you been girl?”

She said in her obvious british accent she might have adopted while in England.

“What are you doing here in Switzerland? I thought you already moved in England?”

“Oh, just having vacation with my husband.”

“Husband?!”

“Yeah! You miss a lot with me Yoona. I just married a british guy. How about you? It’s not fair. You’re still gorgeous oh my gosh. I can’t out beat your beauty”

She said complementing her old friend. Yoona felt flattered although she thinks Chorong is way more beautiful than her now.

“I was so worried about you”

“Worried? Why would you worry about me?”

“Uh well, I got this conversation with one of our batch mate and I heard this strange rumors about you”

Yoona nervously chuckle.

“I bet. You know how people always like to talk about us. Don’t believe in those rumors, I’m doing great”

She secretly glanced at Bogum who’s talking to Kris at the moment and there’s no indication that he can hear their conversation.

“You know what, I’m going to throw a party. You should come. Just give me your number and I’ll text you up”

She said but Yoona is uncomfortably smile as she don’t think she can have party at the moment.

“Cho, I can’t promise anything for now….”

“What? Yoona, you can’t say ‘no’ to me. Don’t you remember back in highschool? Were practically sister remember?”

Yoona gave a heavy sigh.

“Okay. I’m a bit loaded with work but I’ll try alright?”

“Really?! I can’t wait! I’ll see you okay? Just like the old times”

She said as she left. Yoona followed her with her glance. Chorong hasn’t change much. Just her accent maybe. She’s still the same fashionista lady in highschool like her. But things are very different now. She’s not like her. She can’t even barely remember how she looks like back in highschool.

 

Bogum looks at Yoona while she was talking to a familiar lady. He knew that girl but he’s just not sure where did he saw her. Not until he saw how her bangs loosen from the pin. She’s Chorong! He thought. Yoona’s bestfriend before. By the way she looks today, she seemed a different person.

“Is that my Yoona?”

The moment he hears Kris’ voice, annoyance filled his soul. Why didn’t he think about it? Kris is part of the distribution team! Of course he’s there.

“Shut up Kris, she’s working”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter