Dareum

She Was a Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

The following week comes and Yoona didn’t get to see Bogum often. He’s way to busy the following weeks as well. But then Wednesday comes Mr. McJones asks her to get the printed copies of sales and proposed designs that she will be working with. She’ll be getting it from Bogum. She fixed her hair the moment she’ll be facing him again.

“Thank you, sir”

She said as he handed her the printed files she asked.

“Just let me know if you need something”

She smiles as he continues talking while looking at his computer.

“By the way, I received an email from California. They loved your work and designs. They already distributed it to the manufacturing team and it will release after this month. Good job Ms. Im, Congratulations.”

Yoona’s lips curved into a smile as she bows to him.

“Thank you, sir. I really worked hard for that project”

He looked at her and smiles.

“Yes. Yes, you did”

Since she saw that his mood is good, she took advantage of it to thank him.

“Sir, I wasn’t able to thank you the night you gave me a ride home. So thank you. I cause you so much trouble. I just didn’t realize I drank too much that night”

“Then it’s a lesson. Don’t drink too much like that. You know how low your tolerance in alcohol you know”

Yoona can’t help but to smile to what he said.

“What? Why are you smiling?”

“Because you told me you don’t want me to bring up the past but you’re always bringing up things about me”

He opens his mouth as he was thinking something to say but no words came out. It made her smile more. He didn’t even realized that his phone is ringing. He was just looking at her with his mouth open.

“Sir, your phone is ringing. I’ll be going ahead sir.”

She said as she left. It is the first time he smiles at her since they day they met once again. Pretty weird but she’s happy.

While Yoona is working on her screen, she saw Kris running and went inside Bogum’s office. Unlike with his usual self, she saw him a bit… troubled. She heard her officemates from the other cubicle talking to each other and she didn’t mean to eavesdrop their conversation.

“I heard he was being send to a business trip with Mr. Kirk”

“Really? Where to?”

“Paris”

“Seriously? Why though? Why so sudden?”

“Because they are planning to launch another branch in Paris. Kris is needed there alongside with Mr. Kirk and Mr. Robinson. But I don’t know why he reacted that way. I thought he likes to travel though”

“Maybe because of a woman that both of us knew”

“Right”

Yoona pretended that she is typing so it won’t be obvious that she heard what they are talking about. Kris is going to attend a business trip? Too bad she won’t be able to see him again. But the last thing they said. About a woman that makes him deny that business trip?

“Yoona”

She was a bit shock to see Kris is already in front of her. He was holding a paper, a memo actually and he looks so tired and exhausted.

“K-Kris oppa?”

“Yoona”

He said as he kneeled down to hold her hands. Yoona’s eyes grew wide as she sees him kneeled in front of her. What’s he doing?

“I want to properly say goodbye to you as I am…”

He inhales and exhales before he continue.

“I am being assigned to a business trip in Paris. It means I won’t be seeing you for a month or two so please…”

Yoona didn’t know how to react. She saw her surroundings as everyone in their office stood up to see him like that. She also saw someone having a bet secretly.

“Wait for me?”

Wait for him? Is he…

“I love you Yoona, I really do”

A lot of their office mates reacted with his sudden confession. Yoona didn’t actually notice he is building that feelings towards her. She only thinks that Kris is trying to be friends with her. But now, he is confessing.

“U-Uh, Kris, I…”

But before she could answer, all of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter