Forgiveness

She Was a Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

Yoona spend 4 hours inside the hospital as Dareum can’t just let her go that easy. She waited until Dareum’s time to take some medicine. His medicines can make him drowsy so after some time, he would fell asleep and that’s the time she can get out and go home. On her way, to the bus stop, someone called.

“Yoona! I knew it was you”

It was Mr. McJones.

“Are you going home? I can give you a ride”

Yoona smiles as she went inside his car.

“You went to the hospital too?”

“Yes sir. My brother is a patient there”

“Me too”

Yoona looked at him. He also has a family there?

“My wife is there. She got a nervous breakdown”

“I’m sorry to hear that sir”

She said.

“It was when our only daughter died in such a very young age. We are celebrating her 15th birthday when she took away her life. My wife never recovered with that incident and so I brought her there away from judgmental people”

She understands. Mr. McJones is a business man afterall.

“Don’t worry sir, I won’t tell your secret”

“I know. You’re not the type of person so I stop to give you a ride. It’s good to know someone who can understand my situation”

Mr. McJones told her a lot of things about his wife and daughter. She also shared things about her family background and about Dareum. She never felt comfortable like before. It’s like having a father.

 

That same day, Bogum went to his parent’s house. His father is not there since he was attending another business trip but his mother is in their room just changing clothes. He waited to their living area as he looks at the house. Nothing has change ever since he moves on his own. His pictures are still displayed as so is their big family picture at the upper part of the fireplace. The old piano is also still there at its usual place. He opens it and played some keys. Not knowingly he was already playing Schubert’s piano sonata. He stopped when he heard his mother’s clap.

“Something bothers you right?”

His mother said.

“Mom?”

“I always knew you are mucially gifted aside from being a science genius. You always have this interest on our old piano but never have the time to play it. Not until I bought some vinyl records. You liked listening to it and so I encourage you to play and you did. But I noticed, you just play the piano whenever something bothers you”

Bogum sighs.

“I’m just confuse mom”

“To what?”

He hesitated. He feels awkward. He feels like a kid talking to his mom which she noticed as well.

“C’mon. You may be a big time business man now but it doesn’t mean you can’t have a heart-to-heart talk with mommy. Even though you’re way too old for mommy, you’re still my baby Bogum. Who knows, maybe this old woman can help right?”

She said encouraging him.

“You’re not that old yet, mom” he protested.

“That’s because you’re always not here and it seems a lot of years have passed for me and to see how much you changed”

“Have I changed that much mom?”

“Well, don’t get me wrong, son. I liked some of the changes about you. You’ve been more sociable and adventurous that widens your experiences. Maybe being hurt before made you through a hard transition in life but it made you become more human. But to your question, my answer is yes. You changed a lot”

“Then why cn’t I seem to change how I feel when I’m around this girl?”

He asked full of frustration.

“So it’s a girl”

Yes, it’s a girl. Even between all those changes that his mom said, she’s still have the power to make him feel the feelings he felt back in high school. She still made him feel so unsure, like fumbling teenager. The difference is that nobody can see that. He was now a great pretender.

“Your cousin told me that you’re secretly dating girls back in college. The girl you’re talking about might be this special that she made you play the piano.”

“You might know her” he said.

“Really? Who?”

“Do you still remember the girl who went to the hospital to visit me?”

She pauses as she thinks it over.

“Im Yoona?”

Bogum was quite shock because his mom knew her full name.

“You really know her,”

He said in amusement.

“That’s because she went to the hospital multiple times”

She did? All he knew was the time when he let her out and told her he doesn’t w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter