Moment of Truth

The Reason
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You have to file these records and sort them right after. This transaction is very important for Mr. Joon, so you better--"

Jinyoung is not paying attention. He cannot afford to pay much attention to his superior, Wook Junho who is giving him his task for the day. So he just kept on oggling at the computer's monitor where he is encoding some files for the past hour, but he's barely finished a page. 

He is not usually this unproductive. He might not exactly like his job as a clerk, but he also realizes its importance since it's the sole thing which helps him to survive his day to day life here in Seoul, away from the comfort of his own home, with his loving and caring parents back in Jinhae. It's deadass boring, working on his shift for nine freaking hours, just seated on a swivel chair, encoding, filing, and sorting files. 

Going back to what he was saying... Jinyoung is sure of himself as being someone who does his job properly. He's giving justice to the salary he receives every month. He's not this lazy and zoned out. He's not usually like this. Just, now.

It's been a whole week since that afternoon.

That afternoon when. . . .

 

, Jinyoung. He can't help but curse at himself when his mind automatically projected that scene. Mark's face, inching closer to his. Him being completely still the whole time, as if he's anticipating for it to happen. It being. . . Mark's lips touching his. 

 

"Park Jinyoung." A stern voice pulled him out of his thoughts. Mr. Wook is now glaring at him. Not wanting to get in trouble, Jinyoung just sat up straight and made himself look like a responsible employee. "Are you listening to what I am telling you?"

Oh, . He's lost. Jinyoung took a quick scan at the folders Mr. Wook has just put on top of his desk. He read what is written on the folders. He figures it is from the previous transaction Mr. Joon has taken care of. "Y-yes sir. I'll go work on these right now."

When he saw Mr. Wook nod, Jinyoung felt relieved. Right. He should be working.

 

***********

 

"Tell me why are you here again?"

He just ignored his bestfriend. This ungrateful red head. Jinyoung just rolled his eyes at Bambam who is throwing death glares at him. Wow. He dislikes him this much just because he insisted on eating dinner with the couple?

 

"Hon, just let Jinyoung eat in peace, okay. You're not the one who is paying anyway." Jaebum, who is seated right beside his bestfriend, chose to pacify the Thai. The older also gave him a brief smile, and he could only nod in thanks.

"But he's been third wheeling on each of our dinner dates for a straight week now." 

 

And what Bambam said is true. Jinyoung cannot deny that fact. It was not his intention to become the thrid wheel in the couple's date, but it's his only escape from . . . . well, from. . . . Mark.

After that kiss, Jinyoung was certain he cannot ever talk to Mark casually again. Like, how on earth can he do that? That kiss blew out his whole system. Why did that even happen? Who was at fault? Well, sure, Mark initiated it. But he could've just pushed Mark before his lips even got the chance to touch his. But did he do anything? Aside from blushing real hard, after they both pulled away, and even all through out their drive back home... did Jinyoung ever do anything else?

He just remembered him almost biting his tongue while saying a stuttering good bye, and closing the door of Bambam's apartment. He remembered standing like frozen ice, leaning on the closed door, grasping for strength because he felt like his knees are gonna give in. He remembered touching his own lips once again, still feeling Mark's soft ones against it. He remembered not being able to sleep until it was almost three in the morning. And if not for Bambam nagging him for not turning off the lights, he wouldn't have been able to get at least a two hour shut eye before going to work the next day. 

God, Jinyoung never felt so confused and helpless that since the day after, he avoided Mark like he's some sort of a plague. He might be unfair, Jinyoung is aware of that. But what can he do? His mind is in a complete mess. He doesn't know where to pick things off with Mark. Are they okay? Are they still okay?Like. . . . ugh. Jinyoung doesn't know a thing. If he could only just vanish, that'll be more convenient.

 

It was when he and Bambam were left alone because Jaebum is taking care of the bill, when his bestfriend decided to ask.

"Hyung, you better tell me what is your problem."

Jinyoung, as expected, well he chose to pretend to be clueless as to what the red head is asking him about. "I don't have any."

Bambam, rolling his eyes is enough to tell him the younger ain't convinced. Well, they've been best of friends for seven years now. Bambam knows everything about him, from his simple gestures and everything else. He cannot hide anything from the guy.

"Yeah, sure. I'll believe you. You just enjoy watching me and Jaebum act all lovey dovey right in front of your salad, don't you?" He snorted, but Bambam snorted back. "Quit ting with me, hyung. Why do you insist on sticking with us, rather than going with Mark?"

So, this is where it all goes down. Jinyoung is aware of it. Bambam knows , and the younger won't let him live, he should've known better. "I don't know what you're talking-"

"Oh, don't pull that card on me, Park Jinyoung." Bambam sounds a lot like frustrated. Jinyoung ain't sure why Bambam is stressing himself out because of his issue with Mark. "It's been a full week, and I haven't seen a single strand of Mark's hair in our pad, whenever you're there too. It's like, you two are not allowed to see each other, or at least one of you is preventing that to happen."

With a sigh, Jinyoung answered. "I'm just busy these past few days."

"Oh really?" Bambam said raising his brows. "Is that why you can eat dinner with me and Jaebum? Real smooth, Jinyoung-ah."

"You little-" He stopped himself from smacking the younger's head and just sighed instead. "Will it kill you to always call me hyung?" But Bambam couldn't care less. 

"Maybe just as much as it will kill you, to talk to Mark again." He hates his bestfriend most of the times. "Hyung. . ." Now Bambam is looking at him in all seriousness. "Avoiding something doesn't solve anything. What are you so afraid of? Haven't Mark proved you enough, for you to trust him? Yes, you've been hurt a couple of times, but I'm telling you. If you cannot be brave enough to try something which scares you but you know very well that you want to. . . .you'll end up regretting it. You'll end up regretting your decision of not trying, at least once, to be true to yourself, to your feelings."

Jinyoung cannot say anything. He is just staring at his bestfriend's eyes which are speaking so much. 

"Do you understand what I am saying, hyung?" Jinyoung tried to open his mouth to answer but Bambam beat him into it. "Cause I kind of don't. I was just blabbering towards the end. God, I should study Hangul more."

Jinyoung could only shake his head. Bambam is surely something. He's funny without even trying. No wonder, he was able to make Jaebum fall for him.

 

**********

 

"Just here." 

Jinyoung gave the driver the fare before getting out of the cab. "Thank you." He said before closing the door. He stood and put his wallet back to his satchel bag and gazed over the entrance of the Orien's Hotel. 

He looked at his watch and it reads 8:57 p.m. On his feet, Jinyoung walked towards the front doors and into the lobby of the hotel. The lady at the front desk gestured the way towards the elevator after confirming it from Mark that he is in fact expecting Jinyoung.

 

"Mark called and he's sick." Jaebum told him after returning to their table back in the restaurant. Sure, Jinyoung is avoiding the guy, but he cannot have the heart to let Mark spend the night alone, all cuddled up by himself, and not feeling well. He's not that heartless.

He punched in five, and waited for the lift to take him to where Mark's unit is. He felt like it's taking him minutes to get to where Mark is. On his one hand is a bag containing some medicines he had bought from this drug store he passed by before hailing a cab. Mark has fever and cold, so he bought some medicines which he thinks will help Mark feel a bit better.

When he reached Mark's door, Jinyoung didn't bother to knock and just punched in the code. He knew it anyway. Once inside, he took off his shoes and wore the slippers Mark bought for him, since he usually stay at the older's place. 

"Mark?" He called out while walking along the hallway which leads to the empty living room. There was no response but Jinyoung heard the sound of ruffling sheets coming from Mark's bedroom. And did he just hear the door closing? 

Walking towards it, Jinyoung fumbled with the light switch. The whole pad is almost good as dark without any light aside from the one coming from the kitchen. He turned the bedroom's door knob open, and upon entering, he saw Mark who is curled up on his bed, with the comforter wrapped around his small body. 

"Mark?" He called once again when he closed the door. he also opened the light switch. Jinyoung saw how Mark's shoulders shake when the older coughed. "J-jinyoung?"

His voice sounded weak that it raised Jinyoung's worries about how Mark is feeling. "I came as soon as you called." He sat near the older's bed, as Mark turned his body to face him a bit. He does look pale. "What happened? How are you feeling?" When he reached for Mark's forehead, he felt the warmth coming from it. He has fever indeed, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter