Free falling....

The Reason
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So this Mark guy. . . ." 

The way Bambam said Mark's name and his judging eyes in addition, makes Jinyoung want to roll his eyes. But he just sighed as he continued to fix his hair in front of the full body mirror Bambam has in his room.

 

It has been a week since that night when Jinyoung broke up with Jackson, and packed his stuffs. It's been a week since he first crashed in the Thai's apartment.

"It's been a week since you met the guy, and now you're going on a date with him already?" 

That's another fact. It's been a week since that stormy night, when Mark took him in and offered him shelter. It was unusual for someone to just let someone in his own place. But he is thankful that Mark trusted him enough to let him stay the night. All through out the stormy night, the two of them just talked to get to know each other. He learned a couple of things about the older. Like, his job as a travel blogger. It's a cool job in Jinyoung's opinion since he gets to travel different places and he gets paid by posting about his adventure. Surely, his job as a boring office worker is no match to that of Mark's.

 

Jinyoung watched as the younger sat back on the couch while munching on those pringles. His bestfriend is already acting like this just after knowing about Mark asking him out for lunch. Now Jinyoung thinks he made a good decision on not narrating everything that had happened that stormy night. About how caring Mark was, to a stranger like him. How they spent the whole night talking to each other, playing with Mark's cute little puppy Coco, and how he woke up the morning after, with Mark dozed off right beside him on the couch. If Bambam knew about all that, he's sure his bestfriend won't let him live ever. 

"It's not a date." Jinyoung just said after a short sigh. "Mark just asked me out for lunch."

"And should I even write a ten page essay on how eating out for lunch is exactly the same with a date, huh Park Jinyoung?"

Rolling his eyes again, he turned to face the younger whose mouth is full of pringles. "That's hyung to you, Kunpimook!" This dongsaeng of his has no fear. He deliberately calls him in his name, without using hyung. Not because he's from Thailand, it'll mean he'll be exempted from using honorifics when addressing someone who is older.

But the red head just raised his eyebrows at him. "Oh, I though we're doing yaja time. You didn't call Mark hyung, did you? Although you mentioned he's a year older. Interesting..."

"Shut up, human." Jinyoung said, giving up. He also felt his phone buzz and there he found a message from Mark.

From Mark: 

I just got off from shower. But I swear I won't be late. Meet me in thirty?

 

He's just about to send yes as a reply when he heard Bambam clearing his throat. 

"I knew these all too well." Jinyoung just sent a quick reply before looking at Bambam who is curling his lips as if he's thinking about something. "First meeting at a bar, and few dates will follow upon exchanging numbers. Didn't this happen before, hyung?"

Jinyoung didn't answer but his mind automatically looks back on those similar happenings. 

"I'll give it a full two weeks. That guy is just waiting to get in your pants."

"Can you please watch your words, Bam?" Jinyoung can't help but say. 

"I am just saying! Because you need to be reminded, hyung. You're being too comfortable with that guy. Yes, maybe you're not in love with him, for now, because you still hasn't moved on from Jackson, alright. But from the rate that you're going, I can say that you're heading towards the same direction you took before. And we both know how that ended."

Heaving a long sigh, Jinyoung just slumped himself beside Bambam on the couch. He reached his hand out to get some pringles. "I can't believe we're having this discussion just because I want to eat sashimi with Mark."

Bambam then turned to face him a bit. "I just don't want you to hurt yourself all over again, hyung."

"I appreciate that, Bam. But you're over reacting. It's just lunch. We're just eating lunch together. You're the only one putting color in it."

The red head gave him a disbelieving look. "Oh, is that so?" Jinyoung just nodded. "If it's not a date, then it means I could come too, correct?"

"And why would you?"

Shrugging, Bambam replied. "Just because."

 

 

And so, that is what happened. Jinyoung cannot say no to his persistent bestfriend. To prove his point that it is not a date, he said yes. He did tell Mark that he's bringing Bambam with him. Mark said it's okay and that means he could also bring his own bestfriend.

So what was orginally just eating lunch out, turned into a double date. Oh right, it's not a date. 

 

"This is my bestfriend, Bambam. I'm currently staying at his place since he's the rich one and not me." Jinyoung turned to Mark who is smiling. "This is Mark, the guy you're itching to meet. So, you okay now?" He asked his bestfriend who has his eyes on Mark who is in front of them.

"Nice to meet you, Bambam." Mark lend his hand out which Bambam took.

"You look familiar." Bambam's words made Jinyoung quirk his eyebrows. "Have we met before?"

Shaking his head, Mark answered. "I don't think we have. Maybe my face is too generic?" The older laughed a bit.

"Oh how I wish that handsome face of yours is generic. I would love to see that everyday." Jinyoung could've choked if they were eating. Thank God they weren't. Glaring at Bambam, he kicked on the younger's foot. 

Mark just laughed again before gesturing towards the guy beside him. "This is Jaebum, my bestfriend since I moved here to Seoul. He's a veterinarian, but I don't get any discount whenever I have my Coco checked." 

"Business is business, Tuan." Jaebum said. The guy has grey hair, and has squinty eyes, making him look like he hates every single living thing on the planet. He looks like the uncaring type, which in Jinyoung's opinion is very much opposite to Mark's character. 

"Whatever, Im." Now Mark is gesturing towards him. "This here is Jinyoung. You already know about him."

"Of course I would. When you won't even stop talking about him that day after-"

"Okay! That's enough." Mark interrupted Jaebum who is just smirking at his bestfriend. "We should order."

 

 

They ate their lunch as they all talked about random stuffs. Jinyoung noticed how eager Bambam is in knowing things about Mark, and that stayed with him until they both reached the apartment.

Bambam is still talking about how cool he thinks Mark is. Jinyoung knows his bestfriend as someone who also enjoys travelling and tying out new things. He remembered summer two years ago when the Thai dragged him and signed them both up for skydiving lessons. Jinyoung swears he might've fainted while he was thousands of feet from the ground, that when they landed, the first thing he did was put Bambam in a choke hold. Unlike him, Bambam is a ball full of energy, so he should've expected that the younger and Mark would get along pretty well. 

So, it's also not a surprise that now, Bambam has changed his impression of Mark. "Okay, I think I could give Mark a chance since he's so cool."

"Shouldn't it be Mark hyung?" There goes Bambam again, not using hyung. 

"Mark said it's okay even if I don't call him hyung since he's actually an american and not korean. We're cool with it. Only you are not, hyung." He just watched as Bambam threw his coat on the couch and proceeded to the kitchen. "I'm taking back what I have said earlier. Mark is certainly not the kind of guy you should watch out for. I really enjoyed hanging out with him, God, he's so cool!" The Thai peeked his head over the counter, and pointed at him. "And really handsome too."

Walking towards the kitchen too, Jinyoung saw Bambam pouring himself a glass of water. The younger asked him if he want one too but he just waved his hand to say no. Jinyoung rested both his hands on the kitchen counter as he waited for Bambam to finish drinking. 

"Why are you staring at me like I just did you something wrong?" The younger looked confused for a bit. "Did I?"

Crossing his arms, Jinyoung asked. "Are you trying to hit on Mark?" This had the red head gaping at him. "What? Me?" But Jinyoung just gave him a side eye. He knows his bestfriend. The moment Bambam asked if Mark and him met somewhere, he knows his bestfriend is up to something. "You have a thing for foreigners." He said a matter of factly.

"I am a foreigner, hyung." Bambam pointed at himself to put more emphasis on his point. "You have a thing for foreigners." Bambam said as if it is the most obvious thing ever.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter