24 - Try to forget

Forced To Say I Do

I dug into my bag trying to find my house keys as I was walking across the bricks to the front door. I turned back to give Tae oppa a wave before unlocking the door and heading inside.  

I held the wall for support as I tried to take off my heels. I threw the keys onto the kitchen bench and was shcoked at the tall figure leaning against fridge. 

"You scared me you idiot," I almost yelled and hit his chest.

"What are you doing at home? Shouldn't you be at SM practicing?"

"Where were you?" Jong In asked coldly and obviously avoiding my question.

"I should be asking you the same question."

"Well I was with your cousin," he shrugged. 

"What are people going to say about that Jong In. You married to me but hang around Hae Ri more often than you do with me."

"You're such a hypocrite, you know that?" he abruptly banged his fist onto the kitchen counter. "You know everyone could say the same thing about you and Taemin hyung."

"Well at least I don't go around making out with him," I yelled furiously. He doesn't even know the reason why I go out with Taemin oppa more often than I do with him and then he goes around assuming things. 

"He freaking serenaded you in public, what's the difference?" he yelled back. 

"You know, I don't get what you're problem is. If you can go around dating Hae Ri then why can't I go around dating other people? Didn't we agree not to interfere with each others' personal lives?"

"So you two are dating?"

"That is none of your business," I snapped.

"You know maybe this is why I choose not to be around you. We don't even see each other often and yet when we do, all that occurs is arguing. I'm so over it Tae Hee."

"Well you know what Jong In? Maybe I'm over it too. This relationship is never going to be anymore than us just arguing. You want to know why? Because you aren't even willing to make an effort to make it work." A sharp, stabbing pain was building up in my chest as I forced those words out of my mouth. 

"Maybe this whole marriage thing was a mistake," he mumbled. "It wasn't meant to be you in the beginning anyway," he muttered. 

"What?" I asked. "Nothing," he replied but I had clearly heard him the first time. I just wanted to se if he had the guts to repeat it. 

"It wasn't meant to me in the beginning?" I repeated. 

"NO! It was meant to be Hae Ri, okay? And I was pretty happy about that, which was why I agreed to this whole marriage thing. On your grandfather's will it said the oldest granddaughter and obviously that's Hae Ri. I don't know how I ended up with you," he hissed.  

"Well maybe you should just go and be with Hae Ri then and you know what? Go do that duet with Hae Ri aswell and pretend you don't know me. Pretend I don't even exist. It's not like I mean anything to you anyway."

I didn't even wait for him to reply, instead I pushed past him and ran upstairs to our room. I threw my bag onto the bed and headed straight for the bathroom. This has become a habit now. If I feel the urge to let out my tears, the bathroom will be my best friend.

I sat up against the wall, hugging my knees with my head resting on my knees and silently let out everything that I've bottled up inside. Jong In is too stupid to see how words can kill a girl from the inside out. I wished I could tell him but it's hard for a girl to confess her feelings and be accepted, especially since he's already in love with another girl. 

I stood up and looked out the window as I heard Jong In's car engine start up. Nice, just make your wife cry and then leave her. 

 

*Baekhyun's POV*

 

"Hey Ri, where've you been all week?" I asked as I placed my hand on her waist.

"Oppa!" she yelled excitedly as she turned around to face me. "I was just busy catching up with my old friends," she smiled. Lies. It's pretty obvious what she's been up to.

I just smiled and pretended that I didn't suspect a thing. Baekhyun you can hang around her but under no circumstances should you allow her to deceive you, I reminded myself.

"So what have you been up to oppa?" she asked as she took a seat on the arm chair.

"Are you ready to order?" the waitress asked in a flirtatious manner whilst smiling at me.

"I'll have a latte thanks. Ri, what did you want?"

"I'll just have a hot chocolate thanks."

As soon as the waitress walked away Hae Ri spoke up. "Yah oppa! You didn't answer my question."

"I've been busy with practice and everything," I smiled. There was a slight silence between us, a little awkward if you ask me.

"So...," I trailed off.

"So....?"

"Have you caught up with Jong In lately?" I was curious whether or not she would actually tell me the truth. 

"Yeah I saw him the first day I camr back. Why?"

"So you haven't seen him after that?" I raised my eyebrow.

She shook her head. "Aish oppa, why does it seem like you're interrogating me?" Stupid. That's because I am interrogating you.

"You know you've been acting weird ever since I got back," she raised her eyebrow back at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked whilst taking our orders off of the tray the waitress was holding. 

"I don't know but you're really snappy and get-to-the-point all of a sudden," she replied and took a sip of her hot chocolate.

"Am I? Or have things between is got to the point where we can't even have a decent conversation?" I snapped. I admit I'm angry at her. Jong In wasn't the only one sufferring when Hae Ri left but obviously everyone paid their attention to Jong In since he was the one dating her. I mean I'm not envious because he got all the attention, I'm not that low of a person, and I'm not even angry at Jong In. I can understand what he went through because I, for one, went through the same thing. I'm just angry at Hae Ri. She'll love you one minute and dump you the next, with no valid reason, like you meant nothing to her. She's the freaking devil I tell you. She'll lure you in and let you go just as easily. Yet, I have no idea, even after a year, why I'm head over heels for her. There's just something about her charcter that's alluring, I guess. And the worst bit is that because it's been a year, I have no idea what she's thinking or how she's feeling. 

"Well it has been over a year, oppa. Things can't just automatically go back to the way they were. There's ought to be some awkwardness between us. We have to build up our relationship again."

"And may I ask what exactly is our relationship? Friends? More than friends?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Well I don't know what we are right now. Like I said, we should work on building a stronger relationship, whatever our relationship is. Whether it's friends or more than friends. And I guess we'll see where it leads us to."

"So you're saying we should leave it up to fate?"

"Not entirely up to fate, oppa. We are trying to build up our relationship which means we're taking control of our future. If we didn't try to mend our relationship then that's leaving it in the hands of fate." 

"Anyway oppa, I got to go meet up with Tae Hee. Apparently we're supppse to be spending some time together, according to our mothers. Bye," she said as she gave me a hug and headed off, leaving me to pay the bill. Aish, that girl. 

 

*Tae Hee's POV*

 

Aish, I really do not feel like going out to dinner with Hae Ri, especially after what happened this afternoon. I mean what are we going to talk about? How great of kisser Jong In is? I mean that's pretty much all we share in common. We both love shopping, I guess, but she's got a whole different style to me. I'm more of the jeans and shorts type of girl whereas she is the more dresses and skirts type of girl. It's been hard for us to converse with each other ever since we were young. 

But without any futher ado, I decided to go meet up with her. Maybe I should give her chance, she is my unnie after all. With the same outfit from the afternoon, I went to get changed. This time instead of boots, I decided to settle on a pair of heels to give off a more feminine feel. I glanced at the clock on the wall. Crap, it's already 5:30, I need to go visit my mum before I meet Hae Ri. 

As I ran down the stairs, there was the jiggling sound of keys coming from the door. Oh god, please don't let that be Jong In, I mentally prayed as I intently watched the door.

And of course, everything works out to be the opposite of what I want.

"Oh Tae Hee. Where are you going?" he asked softly as he entered the house. 

"Why does that matter to you?" I snapped, trying to put my heels on. 

"Where are you going? I'll take you," he offered.

"I don't need your help, Jong In."

"Tae Hee stop being irrational. It's pouring outside. You'll get sick."

"Doesn't matter. Anything is better than getting help from you and it's not like I mean anything to you so you can stop acting. There's no one around," I hissed and slammed the door in his face.

 

Jong In was right, it was pouring outside. All because of that idiot, I forgot to grab the umbrella on my way out and trying to call a taxi is one of the most distressing things ever and it's even worse in this weather. Maybe wearing heels was a bad idea after all. Soon enough, I was able to catch the attention of one of the cab drivers. 

The drive to my parents' house wasn't long, probably around fifteen minutes. Seriously I'm going to rage at them about this whole arranged marriage thing. I stood at the doorstep continuously ringing the doorbell.  As soon as my mother opened the door, I barged inside.

"For crying out loud, Tae Hee, you don't need to keep ringing the bell. I was coming," she scolded. Instead of answering her, I glared at her with my teary eyes.  "Don't look at me like that young lady! And aren't you suppose to be meeting Hae Ri tonight?"

"MUM!" I yelled. She jumped from my abrupt yell.

"What?!"

"Tell me the truth. Was I suppose to marry Jong In?"

"What do you mean? Of course you were."

"I'm talking about grandpa's will! Did he say that I was suppose to marry Jong In...or was it Hae Ri?"

She froze up. Well at least I got my answer now.

"Sweetie -"

"I can't believe you would do that to me, mum. You knew how much I loved grandpa and you used that to your advantage," I cried.

"Trust me, things may seem difficult now but it's what's best for you."

"Do you even know what's best for me? Do you know what is going on between Jong In and Hae Ri? Or what has happened between them? Do you know how I feell to be in the middle of everyrthing? No mum, you don't know. You weren't aware of anything and you simply arrange for me to go marry some guy who is an idiot and blinded by a stupid girl," I raged.

She was speechless. It was rare for me to have a go at my own mother but she doesn't know what's going on right now. "Well I'm sorry that you're hurt, sweetie but trust me everything takes some time. I can sense the chemistry between the two of you. You've just got to take control and don't let Hae Ri destroy you're relationship."

"She already has," I muttered. "I'm not going to meet her today so can you call her and tell her to meet me tomorrow. I'm going home."

I walked out the door with the intention of not going home tonight. I'm just sick of everything. I'm tired of feeling useless because of my own cousin and this is isn't the first time I've felt like this. She's always been the one to take away the things I love from me. It started when we were young when she simply 'borrowed' my barbie doll or when we teenagers when she would 'borrow' my favourite pair of jeans and now she's simply taking Jong In away from me. Aish! I'm so angry but what can I do? Nothing. 

The only thing I can do is just try to forget.

So that's what I'm going to do; forget about everything tonight. 

Let myself loose and who knows where I'll end up...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yo! So updated like I promised yesterday :) And sorry still no jonghee fluff...I know you're all ready to shoot me but trust me when there's no more drama...it will get VERY fluffy! haha

And wow I can't believe only 35 of you ship 2Tae...and then 170 of you ship JongHee...I find 2Tae cute! I mean Taemin treats her better than Kai! And you guys seem to hate Hae Ri so much! She's actually a pretty nice character...she's just misunderstood. 

Anyway thanks so much for commenting! I recevied over 60 comments for the last chapter :D Seriously love you all <3

Ok so hope you enjoyed this chapter and see all you guys soon :)

Thanks for reading <3

hottest-shawol xx

 

P.S Look at this beautiful picture of 2min <3 *sobs* i love them so much!