Safe and Sound

SM Elite

 

Ryeowook did everything in his power to not gasp. He watched in horror as the bear inspected Sooyoung, a look of confusion on its face. Before he could properly react, the bear backed away, and when it reached the borderline of trees, fled.

“W-what just happened?” Sooyoung said with a pale face, threatening to faint any second.

“Sooyoung-sshi? Are you alright? The bear just sniffed you and left with a panicked face, I didn’t know you were that scary.” Ryeowook tried to joke, an arm around Sooyoung’s waist, patting her.

“I guess it was my perfume,” Sooyoung nodded, looking thoughtlessly into the distance.

They walked aimlessly and silently for a while, and realized that the bear had led them off-trail.

“Do you hear that?” Ryeowook suddenly stopped.

“Another bear?” Sooyoung groaned.

“No, Yesung hyung, singing. You know, his solo OST? It Has To Be You.”

Sooyoung stopped and strained her ear.

 

“It can’t be, if it’s not you.

I can’t be without you.

It’s okay if I’m hurt for a day and a year like this,

It’s fine even if my heart hurts,

Yes, because I’m in love with you.” Yesung sang the lyrics soulfully, the song that he had practiced and trained for and he now could pour it out perfectly.

 

“Hyung? Are you out of your mind?”

Yesung snapped his head up at the sound of the familiar voice.

“WOOKIE! Oh my goshness, thank you so much for finding us. Yuri’s asleep right now…” he trailed off.

“Oh hyung, I’m so glad you’re not in danger! Okay, I have a rope here, you know the drill.” Ryeowook exclaimed happily.

Yesung leaned down, inhaling the attractive scent of Yuri’s hair and he touched her philtrum. Above them, Ryeowook burst out in laughter and Sooyoung’s eyes widened.

“What?! Don't molest our Yuri…” she shouted.

 

“Do you think they are safe?” Jonghyun said worriedly, his face cutely scrunched.

“Are you possibly doubting Sooyoung’s responsibility?” Jessica asked, towering over Jonghyun.

“N-no, I was just…” Jonghyun mumbled, his hands protecting his chest.

“So don’t jinx them!” Jessica said.

“Sorry, mommy dear.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

“Watch it, kid,” Jessica threateningly held up her palm, a glint in her eyes.

“W-woah…evil Jessica is evil…” Jonghyun quickly backed away.

“Don’t worry, she’s just a bit tense because she’s actually really worried too.” Victoria whispered to Jonghyun.

Jie jie (older sister) are you worried too?” Tao asked, his face scrunching up, threatening to cry. Victoria patted his back gently. “Zitao-ah, you’re strong. Be strong for jie jie okay?”

Tao smiled. “It is a dangerous forest…” he trailed off tearfully and Victoria gave him a big hug. “Soo Man seongsaengim wouldn’t make us come here if it were so deadly. Be strong.” Victoria whispered in his ear. Tao nodded and touched the small of Victoria’s back. “Okay, jie,” he murmured.

Victoria heard a small sniff behind her and her motherly instincts straightened up immediately.

“Aigoo, Luna…don’t cry okay? They’ll be alright…” Victoria said.

Tao immediately stood taller. “Luna…” he whispered and she looked up with red eyes. Tao felt his heart soften. “Don’t be scared.”

Luna sighed and looked at the ground, slumping down and sitting on the dirt. “I don’t feel good,” she mumbled. Tao immediately plastered the back of his hand to her forehead.

“Hey, you’re feeling a bit warm and over average temperature,” he murmured. “Do you need help? I think Onew hyung has some medicine and bandaids.”

“I’ll be fine…” Luna whimpered a bit as she stood up, and wavered a bit. “Here, I’ll carry you for a while.”

Before Luna could react, Tao held her up and helped her onto his back.

 

“Does anyone know the way back?” Yuri asked, when she was awake and out of the trap.

“Yes,” Sooyoung said, and Yesung and Ryeowook looked at her questioningly.

“How do you know the way?”

“I brought a tube of glitter, so all we have to do is follow the purple shimmers under the light and we’ll find our way back to the trail, and from then on we can trace our ways back.” Sooyoung explained.

“yah, why would you randomly bring glitter?” Ryeowook .

“I totally forgot I did until the bear pawed it from me.” Sooyoung explained.

“Bear?!” Yuri and Yesung exclaimed in shock. “You guys encountered a bear?”

“Yeah, but the bear disliked my perfume, so it left us alone.” Sooyoung said..

“I can see the glitter,” Yuri said, quickly pointing to the ground as the sun conveniently passed over them, reflecting off the sparkles.

Yesung grabbed Yuri’s hand and followed Ryeowook and Sooyoung out of the woody trap.

 

“It’s nice of Tao oppa to offer to carry Luna unnie,” Krystal said to Sehun as they trailed behind. “Yeah, hyung is quite strong since he’s so good at bodily practices. Noona seemed tired anyways.” Sehun said, smiling fondly.

“Wow, it's amazing to think you guys are our hoobaes even though you’re all older than me,” Krystal murmured. Sehun poked her in the sides. “Are you calling us old but inexperienced?” he joked.

Krystal stuck her tongue out. “Yes, and I’m calling myself young and experienced,” she laughed and Sehun did, too, wrapping his arms around her. “You know, there isn’t much difference between our ages,” he said, lifting her and spinning her around.

“Lemme down!” she screamed. Taeyeon, surprised, looked back, but just laughed and shrugged when she saw it was just the maknaes messing around.

“Say, ‘oppa please’,” Sehun said, spinning a bit slower but not stopping.

“You just said there wasn’t much difference between our names!” Krystal protested weakly.

“I take it back, come on~ nobody here can call me oppa.” Sehun pouted, still spinning.

“Ugh, fine, -ppa please.” Krystal said quickly.

“I didn’t hear the o sound,” Sehun laughed.

“OHPPA!” she said.

“Oppa is my middle name,” Kai told Sulli, grinning like an idiot.

“Don’t be such a retard,” Taemin whacked the side of Kai’s head, smiling bitterly. Why is Sulli smiling at him and not me?

“Haha, Kai isn’t that stupid,” Sulli joked, turning and smiling at Taemin. His heart fluttered at her eye-smile.

“I tell you all, you’re just jealous of my intelligence. I’m not stupid at all!” Kai exclaimed.

“Sure, lil’ one.” Taemin patted Kai.

Sulli laughed and nudged Taemin. Why are they joking together…they look quite close but they weren’t even talking before today… Kai bit his lip.

 

“Guess who’s back?” a clear voice said behind them and everyone whipped around.

“YUL!” Yoona screamed in happiness, tears pooling at her eyes.

Everyone started screaming at once, in happiness, worry, joy, relief, a mix of everything.

It took a while for everyone to settle down, for tears to slowly stop dripping.

They continued walking, almost seeing the end of the trail leading to the tents.

Siwon fell in step beside Yuri.

“It’s a relief that you’re safe,” he said. Yuri’s eyebrow rose.

“I knew God wouldn’t abandon us at an important time like this. He will always watch over us and keep us safe.” Siwon continued preaching.

Yuri slowly backed away.

“And no matter what, just stay grateful and loyal to Him!” Siwon called.

“Siwon would be a good priest,” Yoona said to nobody in particular.

 

“Aigoo, we should go to sleep soon,” Sunny yawned as they finished their sandwiches, courtesy of Yunho.

“Those were some good sandwiches though,” Donghae complimented. “And yes, we really should go to sleep. Today itself held a lot of adventures.”

“Especially when Yuri and Yesung got lost,” Sunny nodded, but sighed in relief. “Thank god for your glitter, Sooyoung-ah.”

“Thank the bear.” Sooyoung said.

“Mwoh? Bear?!” Sunny said, falling backwards into Donghae.

“S-sorry…”she mumbled and looked up with a red face and Donghae looked down at his hands, blushing.

Sooyoung told them the encounter with the bear as Ryeowook smiled smugly and the rest of the group gaped with wide eyes.

“Well, it’s good that you’re all alive and well.” Leeteuk said.

“Thank God.” Siwon bowed his head.

“Let’s sleep soon, Luna isn’t feeling well and the wind isn’t doing her much good.” Victoria suggested and everyone followed.

 

Yoona ped the SNSD tent and stepped in.

“OH MY GOD CHO KYUHYUN WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” she shrieked.

---

yeah, so i tried to have a little of every request in there, some might have a bit more than others because htey actually contribute to the storyline.

more requests are welcome~! i did omit SeoKyu though, because they had their moment from last chapter. if you would like them for the NEXT chapter, however, feel free to leave a comment. otherwise i think i have every couple down, except KyuNa because I really couldn't fit them in, but they'll be in the lineup for next time. Thank you for reading and have a great weekend~! mwah :D