Chapter One

SM Elite

 

“And that’s it for today’s special episode of Strong Heart featuring Hallyu leaders Super Junior and Korea’s daughters, SNSD!”

Leeteuk let out a breath of relief as soon as Lee Seung Gi said the final words and the cameras stopped rolling.

“Thank you for the hard work,” he said while bowing repeatedly to the crew, an action he has done for many times even before his career.

“Thank you as well, great job today,” The PD took hold of Leeteuk’s hands and shook them gently, smiling in acknowledgement of Leeteuk’s admiring humor that episode.

“Hyung, ready to go?” Eunhyuk approached his leader with a smile, holding their packs of dinner in his hands. Of course, they’d have to eat dinner on the roads again in order to catch the last stage of Eunhyuk’s FAME musical.

 

Leeteuk followed Eunhyuk down the halls surrounded by blank uncreative walls, to their manager’s car.

The door to the van slid open, and Leeteuk widened his eyes upon seeing Lee Soo Man at the driver’s wheel.

His eyes widened even more, if possible, when he saw the members of SNSD sitting at the back in neat orderly rows.

“Are you guys SNSD?” Eunhyuk blurted. Lee Soo Man stared at him in confusion, and Eunhyuk blushed.

“I mean…of course, nice to see you again,” Eunhyuk corrected himself, speaking respectfully.

“Yeah, we met at MAMA a few months ago,” Jessica smiled, no hint of sarcasm in her voice.

“But you were just on the same show together!” Lee Soo Man exclaimed in shock, surprised and dismayed that his two best groups were not as close as they should be.

“O-oh, yeah,” the two groups muttered sincerely.

Their job scopes included acting, and that’s what they do. They pretend that Super Junior are their best guy friends. They pretend they were all family, when truthfully they know less about each other than fans do. Thank goodness for scripted lines, otherwise SNSD and Super Junior really wouldn’t be top variety stars when it comes to their labelmates.

Leeteuk and Eunhyuk slipped themselves into the van, avoiding SNSD carefully. They didn’t want to make the atmosphere even more uncomfortable.

Nobody noticed Lee Soo Man’s worried frown.

 

“That was the most awkward car trip ever.” Eunhyuk muttered to his leader as he sat shirtless in the changing room for FAME, patiently waiting for the stylist to finish his hair.

“Tell me about it,” Surprisingly, Leeteuk wasn’t in the best of moods, being just in a van with his boss and “friends”.

Although they didn’t know, the two men were both wondering how long this coldness between the groups would have to go on.

 

“No words. I have no words.” Taeyeon closed her eyes in frustration as her fellow member Tiffany was being beautified for the musical.

“It’s alright, unnie,” Seohyun gently patted her leader’s head, although she too felt drained of enthusiasm from the previous car ride.

“We can’t go on like that. I mean, look, we’ve been under the same label for around a decade, and our conversations consist of mere greetings.” Taeyeon was disgusted with herself, her group, and all other groups under SMent.

“Well, thanks to Jessica-unnie, we’re close to f(x)…” Sooyoung offered, but they all know that it wasn’t the complete truth.

“We’re close to one-fifth of f(x),” Hyoyeon sighed, understanding her leader’s frustrations.

Taeyeon grumbled in agreement.

“Heh.” A giggle escaped Yoona. The group turned their heads and stared at the petite girl.

“What’s funny?”

“Heh. Hah.” Yoona laughed again, and the group remained confused.

“One-fifth, f(x)…get it? Like…one fifth of the equation of f(x)? A really confusing math question?” Yoona offered and the group smiled, despite the terribleness of Yoona’s joke.

 

Lee Soo Man sat in his office. He knew he should feel accomplished and proud, but how could he, when he finally knew the truth of his groups’ relationship. He felt ashamed for not being there to build a friendship between them, and frustrated because now, he doesn’t know how.

His eyes landed on the telephone and a smile broke out.

 

“Jin-Young-ah! Hyun-Suk-ah!” He grinned into the phone.

Who says that being rivals on the charts doesn’t mean being friends behind the scenes?

Personally Lee Soo Man felt it ridiculous of all the rumors to say that he, JYP, and YG weren’t friends.

Despite the between him and the two younger chairmen, they were fairly close and often shared advice on business and other general things in life together.

“Sunbaenim!” the other two exclaimed, surprised. It was normally them that asked their hyung for help, not the other way around.

“Do you guys have time to meet up?” Lee Soo Man requested.

The other two were silent for a while, and then YG returned to the three-way-conversation.

“Of course, my place.” He said generously.

“I’ll be there,” Lee Soo Man agreed and JYP returned to the conversation, echoing SM.

“That’s my boy’s song!” YG said, enthusiastic.

He burst into the chorus of Taeyang’s I’ll Be There, ignoring the older men’s groans.

“Hyung,” JYP choked with laughter.

“What? You guys can sing too.” YG protested, shy.

“Nothing’s appropriate for the moment. What do I sing; everybody put your hands up, and get your dreams up?” JYP imitated his boy group’s recent hit.

Lee Soo Man burst into laughter. If only the news presses of Koreaknew what these successful men do in their spare time…

“I’ll see you at the main office in half an hour, and…” SM said, feeling as if a load was carried off his chest.

“And what?” the other two asked, anticipating.

Gee gee gee gee baby baby.” Lee Soo Man laughed, horribly matching the chorus line of Gee.

 

Leeteuk avoided the eight SNSD girls, even risking the fans to not sit beside them again. Taeyeon looked at him halfway through the musical, and her expression turned sour upon seeing him fend off fangirls.

“Why’s he sitting so far away from us anyways?” Jessica complained, trying to cheer up her sister. “I don’t know why he’s sitting exactly across the theatre from us either,” Taeyeon replied painfully. Jessica looked back and forth between their seats and his, and an agonized expression overcame her face as well.

“Don’t worry…we’ll be able to start SM Family officially. Eventually.”

 

“So you want your groups to be…family? Like, YG Family?” YG asked calmly. He knew that was about the only weakness of Lee Soo Man’s company, and he was willing to help out. At the beginning, YG was surprised with the extremely well bond of his artists, and he felt that his friends should be able to have that sort of feeling as well.

“He wants his friends to be like family, like JYP Nation,” JYP laughed, teasing the older one.

“Yeah, such great actors, fooled me about their friendship for a decade.” Lee Soo Man sighed.

The three sat in silence, sipping their own respective mugs of coffee.

“What did we all train them on before they debuted?” YG asked.

The other two looked at him in surprise. They’ve never discussed this matter, not because they didn’t or they couldn’t, but simply because they know their answers are all going to end up extremely similar.

“Singing,” SM and JYP said in unison.

“Dance,” JYP added.

“Variety shows.”

“Acting,” YG joined in.

“Second and third languages,” they all said together after a long thought.

It went silent. Basically that was the essential skills of idols, those were all the public looked at.

“Actually…” JYP started. “I send them to a camp for a week each year. Sounds cheesy, but it actually strengthens their relationships.”

YG’s eyes lit up. “I did that too! But I sort of stopped, since…crazy fans’ minds. If only international fans found out about it, asianfanfics.com would blow up with extremely detailed stories of…you know.”

“A camp?” SM pondered, surprised. He hasn’t thought about that before, and he probably never would have if it weren’t for these two brilliant minds before him.

“Like an academy, a school, something to strengthen bonds without people there to force them.”

 

They watched as the worried frown lines on Lee Soo Man’s face washed away.

“Do you guys know what you just created?” Lee Soo Man exclaimed with a wide grin on his face.

“A crazy hyung?” YG suggested.

Tell me, tell me, t-t-t-t-tell me?” JYP sang.

“The birth of SM ELITE! Thank you two so much.” Lee Soo Man smiled widely.

“You’re welcome, hyung.” YG smiled gently.

Omona! Tell me again!

 

---

That was an extremely short chapter, and I can guarantee you that upcoming chapters will be longer. :D

It's an introduction to explain just how intimate the two groups are, and the close relationship of the Big Three.

I promise there will be SHINee and f(x) and TVXQ in the next chapter. 

Please bear with me if my story gets extremely boring and not funny at all, my humor is just ajkfjld;asfjadsfjk 

Comments and feedback are greatly apprectiated and i hope you guys enjoy.

thanks for reading