TEASER 1

   SYNDICATE >> Apply Open!
Teaser # 1
Little miss not so perfect

Annoyance prickled at Yeejin’s skin as Jiyu performed the monthly check-up on her. She's been healthy all her life--she didn't need all this procedure and routine--but she keeps still as Jiyu's small flashlight transferred from one eye to the next before deeming it satisfactory and putting it down on the tray and picking up the stethoscope.

 

Automatically, Yeejin takes deeper breaths as Jiyu presses the instrument to her chest. Jiyu nods and smiles, proceeding to write down the results on the clipboard by her table.

 

“You’re as healthy as ever, Yeejin.” Jiyu said, smiling up at her once she finished.

 

“Well, it’s all thanks to the Science Department.” Yeejin replied, giving Jiyu a smile of her own. “They were the ones who created me, after all.”

 

“That’s true. They really did create the perfect human.” Jiyu agreed as she put away her things, and Yeejin’s smile grew wider. She glanced at the mirror next to her, appraising the work of several years worth of study. The Science Department really outdid themselves when it came to her.

 

She snapped out of her thoughts when Jiyu spoke again. “You’re free to go. Do you have any classes today?”

 

Yeejin shook her head, picking up her purse as she stood. “I was planning to go around for a bit. See who’s preparing what for Frosh Week.” She adjusted the strap on her shoulder and made her way for the door, turning as she opened it and then giving Jiyu a short bow. “I’m going. Thanks!”

 

Like she told Jiyu, she didn’t have any particular destination in mind. She wandered the halls with some amusement, thinking about Frosh Week. She’s always been excited for it, since that was when  she’d meet the new students who enrolled in Syndicate. The week was full of thrills and cheery shouts of welcoming students and it was fun to see everything bloom for a new year. Of course, it didn’t beat the novelty of seeing new powers and abilities. The possibilities were endless.

 

Already, the halls were decorated with white and purple streamers and balloons. Several students were lifting wooden planks, their foreheads glistening with sweat from the effort. Yeejin had to laugh when she saw one simply raise his hand and the plank followed mid-air. The others saw and shouted at him, saying it was unfair, while he shouted back at them. Yeejin carried on.

 

“Yang Yeejin!”

 

A shout caught her attention. Yeejin turned around and recognised the speaker.

“There you are! Come on we need some help.” Seohyeon said as she pulled Yeejin with her to the courtyard.

 

Yeejin saw a small group of students sitting on the floor all holding notebooks and ballpens. The group looked to be discussing about something but she wasn’t close enough to hear what they were talking about.

 

“Gunhee I brought her!”

 

Seohyeon announced while pointing at Yeejin who waved and gave an awkward smile. Gunhee motioned for both of them to sit with the group.

 

Yeejin took this opportunity to ask “Is there anything I can help you guys with?”.

 

“Oh right. Well you know how frosh week is coming up in a few days and that there are supposed to be these amazing activities and stalls during those days.” Gunhee spoke while Yeejin nodded.

 

“Well the thing is we haven’t thought about anything yet and we’re kinda hoping you had some ideas since Seohyeon here said you were this fangirl for frosh week activities.” Gunhee said earning a light punch from Seohyeon.

 

“I didn’t say that! Yeejin don’t listen to him.” Seohyeon explained while glaring at Gunhee.

 

Yeejin couldn’t help but chuckle at the sight. Those two were known for always bickering with each other despite always being in the same team for projects.

 

She remembered that she had put her notebook in her purse before heading out from the dorm. It was true. She was in last year’s planning committee and had a lot of ideas which were left unused. Yeejin brought out her the notebook and flipped through the pages until she found what she was looking for.

 

“These are some of the ideas I had for frosh week last year since I was part of the planning committee. I hope it helps.” Yeejin said.

 

Everyone gathered closer and looked at the book. “Scavenger hunt? Why didn’t you think of that Gunhee?” Seohyeon asked.

 

“Oh I don’t know why didn’t you?” Gunhee retorted.

 

“Enough you two. We need to finish this now or else we’ll have our butts handed to us by the headmaster.” one of the students stated which sent shivers to everyone’s spine. The headmaster was feared by many students mainly because he had this cold expression resting on his face which gave off the impression that he was always angry at something.

 

The planning committees meeting was a success. They were able to plan out which activities would take place on each day, what booths were going to be placed around the school, and the food stalls that would be available. They all were heading to their respective classes while Seohyeon and Yeejin were walking through the halls since they both didn’t have classes that day. Seohyeon led their conversation to various and random topics while they walked the halls of Syndicate. Time passed by and soon it was getting dark. They were heading for the dorms when they spotted a guy standing by the entrance of the dormitory holding a small box wrapped in a pink bow. Seohyeon notices him and stops walking.

 

“Hey Yeejin, isn’t that Jaeyoon over there?” Seohyeon pointed at the boy by the entrance. Yeejin turned to where she was pointing at and saw that it was Jaeyoon. She turned to Seohyeon and nodded.

 

“I wonder why he is here? And what’s with the box he is holding?” Seohyeon pondered.

 

“Maybe it’s a gift.” Yeejin speculated. Seohyeon shrugged as they both walked towards the entrance.

 

Jaeyoon noticed Yeejin and Seohyeon approaching and started getting visibly nervous. He greeted both of them when they were right by him.

 

“Who are you gonna give that to?” Seohyeon asked while looking at the small box Jaeyoon was holding. Jaeyoon tensed up a bit and started stumbling over his words.

 

“Oh I knew it. Of course it’s for me.” Seohyeon flipped her hair with her right hand before holding her hands out waiting for Jaeyoon to place the box on her hands.

 

Jaeyoon shook his head in which Seohyeon frowned and asked “Then whose it for?” while raising her eyebrow. Jaeyoon faced Yeejin and slowly raised the box to her.

 

“Oh of course it’s her.” Seohyeon said as she rolled her eyes. Of course this guy was gonna give it to her. Yeejin had many admirers in the school and this was something that happened on almost a daily basis. This was Seohyeon’s first time actually witnessing this since she’s just heard stories of this from her classmates.

 

Yeejin accepted the gift and thanked Jaeyoon for his kind gesture. Jaeyoon left feeling accomplished and happy with being able to talk to Yeejin.

 

“Wow. This is the power of being really pretty.” Seohyeon stated while cupping her hands on Yeejin’s cheeks.

 

“The boy’s in our campus are really nice. They’ve been giving me gifts and complimenting me a lot.” Yeejin said.

 

“That’s because they are trying to win your heart.” Seohyeon exclaimed.

 

“Wouldn’t I die if they get my heart?” Yeejin asked.

 

She heard Seohyeon chuckle. “What?”

 

“That was a good one.” Seohyeon said while giving Yeejin a thumbs up.

 

“What was?”

 

“The joke you just said.”

 

“I wasn’t telling you a joke.”

 

Seohyeon was slightly confused by this. “Wait, you mean you had no idea that those guys were courting you?”

 

“Courting?”

 

“Oh no sweety. We need to have a quick talk about this.” Seohyeon grabbed Yeejin’s hand and started walking towards her dorm room.

Author's note

Hi guys! Here's a little teaser for you guys just so you can get a little look on Yeejin over here. I hope you guys like it! I'm still thinking if I should make teasers for each accepted character which would be different from the drabble they would be having in their review section. School is the major problem since the professors just give us so much stuff to do as if we were robots. Hopefully I'll be able to do so. Shout out to my friend who helped a lot in writing this chapter!