Chapter 5

1,000 Years

Mina opened her eyes. “Chaeyoung.”

 

“You have finally remembered?” Chaeyoung stepped away from the shadows.

 

“Chaeyoung.” Mina could not stop the tears from falling. “Chaeng.”

 

Chaeyoung walked closer to the bed and kneeled down next to it. She gently wiped the tears from Mina’s face. “Don't cry. Your Chaeng is right here.”

 

“You have always remembered?”

 

Chaeyoung smiled softly. “Do you remember our first real conversation?”

 

“Our first conversation?”

 

Chaeyoung nodded. “Do you remember what I had asked you?”

 

Mina looked into Chaeyoung’s eyes and suddenly it came back to her. “You had asked me if I remembered you.”

 

“You were so puzzled why I had asked you that question.” Chaeyoung chuckled softly. “You were probably thinking that I was weird.”

 

“I thought maybe you wanted to know if I had seen you on television or in a movie before.” Mina explained. “So, I said no.”

 

“After that I realize you didn't remember anything about our past, so I waited. I tried to trigger your memory by doing some things from our past, but you still didn't remember me. So I finally told myself that I shouldn't rush things and just wait for you.”

 

Mina pulled Chaeyoung up from the floor. Chaeyoung sat down on the bed and Mina wrapped her arms around the younger girl.

 

“I'm sorry it took me so long to find you again.”

 

“Didn’t I say that we will meet again?” Chaeyoung said. “Even though it did take 1,000 years.”

 

Mina smiled and held onto Chaeyoung tightly. Their hearts, like their souls, were once again connected like it did 1,000 years ago.

 

-------------------

 

Chaeyoung and Mina sat on the bed quietly, enjoying each other's presence. Mina wrapped her arms tightly around Chaeyoung and she rested her chin on the smaller girl's shoulder.

 

“Hey, Chaeng?” Mina spoke up suddenly.

 

“Hmm?” Chaeyoung closed her eyes as she fully relished in the long awaited reunion.

 

“What happened to you?”

 

Chaeyoung snapped open her eyes quickly and turned around to face Mina. “What do you mean?”

 

“Well, you used to be tall, handsome and were such a gentleman.” Mina explained. “And now...”

 

“What about now?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“You have turned into a short girl!”

 

“I'm not that bad! And I’m a gentleman even though I’m a girl now” Chaeyoung protested. She sat on Mina’s lap and wrapped her arms around Mina’s neck. “And at least I'm still cute right?”

 

“Well...” Mina trailed off.

 

“Unnie!”

 

Mina laughed at Chaeyoung’s childish pout. She placed her hands on Chaeyoung’s face and gently moved her head forward so that their foreheads would touch each other. Looking into Chaeyoung’s eyes, Mina whispered softly, “No matter what you have become, I'm still in love with you.”

 

Chaeyoung did not answer; instead she pushed Mina onto the bed and started to kiss the other girl deeply. After all, they had a lot of lost time to make up for...

 

END