Chapter 3

1,000 Years

“Come in.” Mina held the door for Chaeyoung as the two of them walked into Mina’s room.

 

After they had finished recording, Chaeyoung insisted on coming home with Mina as the two of them had a rare day off the following day while the members has its own individual schedules. Mina knew that Chaeyoung was worried about her, so she did not say no to the younger girl.

 

“Pengu! Tiger!” Chaeyoung jokinly patted Mina’s stuffed toys. She looked at Mina “Why don't you take a nap first Unnie? I'm going to go to the kitchen and see if I can cook something for us to eat.”

 

“I'm sorry, Chaeyoung. You have to go home and take care of me.”

 

Chaeyoung reached up and touched Mina’s face softly. “You don't have to apologize. I love taking care of Minari.”

 

“Thanks, Chaeng.”

 

Mina watched as Chaeyoung walked into the kitchen and then she went into her bathroom. After changing into something more comfortable, she climbed into her bed. She closed her eyes and sleep quickly overcame her.

 

* * * * *

 

The girl woke up in the field and sighed softly. This was her favorite place in the entire village since it was her secret spot with Chaeng. This was a place that only belonged to the two of them.

 

She sat up and looked at the boy next to her. “What are you doing, Chaeng?”

 

He was making something out of the small white flowers from the field. “Making a crown for my princess.”

 

“A crown?” She asked as she admired the determined look on his handsome face.

 

“Hmm umm.” He nodded as he put the finishing touches on the crown. “There! All done!”

 

She took the crown from him and carefully inspected it. “It's very pretty. I love it.”

 

“I'm glad that you like it.” He smiled brightly, showing his deep dimples. “Here, let me put it on you.”

 

He gently placed the crown on the girl's head. He watched as her hair fluttered in the wind. “You're so beautiful.”

 

The girl blushed. “Don't say that.”

 

He shook his head. “It's true. You look like a goddess.”

 

“Chaeng...”