When the flowers bloom again

Shipping the wrong ship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong didn't know he had the ability to read over 200 pages in just an hour but he just couldn't take his hands off the book. Every single word tasted like Seungri and he had been longing for anything related to the man for awhile. Everything reminded him of the days he, unfortunately, couldn't relive. The book had the scent of dust in a sunny bookstore mixed with rich coffee. Jiyong and Seungri in paper...

It felt weird seeing himself though someone else's eyes as if he was spying on his past self from afar. Seungri had this perfect image of "the boy with the pink bike" in his head - he couldn't see the freckles on his skin or the scar on his knee from that one time his cousin was teaching him how to jump off a moving swing and he failed miserably ; he couldn't feel how rough his hands were from scrubbing the café clean all day long ; he didn't notice how he still couldn't pronounce words with "s" perfectly although he worked on it with so many Logopedists when he was young. Hell, Seungri really thought Jiyong was some kind of perfect fairy. The pink haired man was surprised when he read about Ri being too shy to pick up a conversation with him for weeks.

 

twelve steps apart

yet miles between us

I'm always glued to the window

and you're always smiling to someone else

 

Jiyong's heart broke as he imagined Seungri having an unrequited crush on him and being too shy to even go into the coffee shop.

 

he would pass by at exactly nine 

be mine

pink hair and bright smile

please, stay for awhile 

lighting up the whole world

one tiny street at a time

 

Jiyong kept rereading  the book again and again. The sun was setting yet he kept flipping pages. There must be a clue despite the sad ending. The boy with the pink bike got a new bicycle, better and way more expensive. Seungri worked with pretty metaphors and no one could link the book to Jiyong unless they knew him really well.

Again and again and again, Jiyong kept reading as the customers were leaving the coffee shop one by one.

"Come on, it's getting late. We gotta close the shop." Youngbae's calm voice didn't have a soothing effect on Jiyong this time but he obeyed anyway, "I'll drive you home."

The pink haired boy read every single word from the first page to the last one but he couldn't find anything. Did Seungri's aunt give him false hope or did she truly know something? A loud sigh escaped Jiyong's dry lips as he left the book on the table. Just then his eyes fell on the back cover. He gasped, suddenly realizing he had missed a huge clue. And right there, under the annotation, there was a hand written message:

If spring does come and the flowers bloom again I'll be waiting at all the places I wish I would've taken you.

Youngbae watched as his bestfriend's face lit up for the first time in months. He was shining again, almost as bright as he used to. 

"Jiyong, where are you going?" The short man asked once Jiyong had snatched the car keys from his hand

"Gwangju." The other man barely replied, already in a hurry

"You already checked in Gwangju. He's not there."

Truth be told, Younbae was worried about his best friend. This whole thing about looking for Seungri didn't please him. Yeah, he understood where Jiyong came from and why he needed to find the man so desperately. But he also thought it was time for the man to move on. Three months were more than enough time to get over someone, right?

Jiyong left without saying anything, looking more determined than ever. Deep in his heart he knew he shouldn't keep Seungri waiting. The clock was ticking and Ri wouldn't just stand around forever, waiting to be found by Jiyong.

The pink haired boy was always too scared of nighttime driving. See, he was more of a sunshine and but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter