Chapter 2

My little secret

“Seungri… how did you grow up to be so pretty?”

Seungri twitched in annoyance as his grandpa pulled him in a tight hug.

“I was surprised that your mom called me yesterday.” His grandpa looked at him with a knowing look.

Ah… he knew…

“But rest assure. I bet that you’ll be meeting someone else in no time!”

“I don’t think I could handle a relationship for now grandpa…”

His grandpa turned to him and gave him a wink. It somehow made him feel uneasy.



“Ah… so you are Ji-hoon's grandson,” an elderly woman with a very gentle face beamed at him.

Ji-hoon?

“Soojin, looks like you already met my grandson,” his grandpa walked out from his room at the back towards the counter.

“He is very cute, just like you,” the woman beamed again and he swore he could see the blush on his grandpa’s cheeks.

“So what brings you here to my convenience store? Buying groceries for your grandson?”

Yes… Seungri is now working at his grandpa’s convenience store giving his grandpa a hand. Well… he doesn’t have anything to do for the time being and doing nothing makes him thought about Mina. And somehow, when he thought about her, his mind would wandered towards ‘the-handsome-stranger’ from before. He could still remember the way the other people looked at him at the bar after everything. He shudders at the memory.

He’s just a stranger… he won’t meet him again for sure.

“Grandma, what took you so long?”

The voice really does sound familiar…

“Seunghyun, Ji-hoon is telling me about his cute grandson here.”

“Oh, Seunghyun is about the same age as our Seungri.”

And that was when his eyes caught the suppose-to-be-Seunghyun face. His jaw dropped. Fate is indeed cruel…

“Seunghyun, meet Seungri. Seungri, meet Seunghyun.”

His heart thumped wildly against his chest.

Please make him forget… please make him forget… please make him forget… please make him forget… he kept on chanting in his head and his erratic breath slowed down when ‘Seunghyun’ smiled warmly at him.

He must have forgotten… thank god…

“He looks so cute isn’t he?” the woman said eagerly… too eagerly to be exact.

The warm smile on Seunghyun’s face turns into a smirk and his heart dropped.

“I really think he is, grandma…”

He still remembers… Seungri's heart dropped.

 

***


“Seungri, Seunghyun is asking for a delivery to his store.”

“Eh? I don’t want to go there…” It has been a week after their encounter in the store and he had done his best to avoid the guy.

His grandpa looked at him strangely. “Why?”

“Just because. He annoys me.” Seungri mumbled as he stocked up boxes of biscuits onto a shelf.

His grandpa chuckled heartily. “You really don’t remember him anymore don’t you?”

“What do you mean grandpa?”

“You used to followed him around when you are a kid. Your idol you’d said.”

Seungri tilted his head in confusion, “I don’t think I remember.”

His grandpa furrowed his brows but smiling nevertheless. “Get to know him again. He is a very nice young man. Polite. Anyway… the delivery?”

“I don’t want to,” he grumbles.

“Lee Seungri… how could you make your old and weak grandpa to walk that far… carrying that heavy box of groceries”

Seungri groaned as he looked at his grandpa that was looking at him pleadingly. He really does have a manipulative grandpa. “Oh, alright.”



And that is how he ended up standing in front of that Seunghyun shop’s entrance.

“And it’s not that far…” he muttered irritably under his breath. “It’s just at the opposite… and this lazy … he could have taken them all by himself…”

He knocked the glass door for the umpteenth time and sighed tetchily when two figures finally showed up. An unknown girl and Seunghyun. It looks like he had interrupted them… well serves him right, if he had taken his things himself, he wouldn’t be interrupting them and whatever business they have been doing.

The girl smiled at him brightly. “I never saw you around… new guy?”

He stared at the girl and to tell the truth, she is very pretty… ah… looks like living here wouldn’t be that boring at all.

“Ye-“

“Sorry, he’s not into girls.”

What the-

The girl pouted. “Eh, really? And he’s too good looking to be wasted. Too bad…" She then gave him an awkward smile and left.

He glared at the figure that was leaning nonchalantly against the door.

“What the hell… what are you thinking?” Seungri growled.

“I’m just telling her the truth.”

“I’m not gay damn it!”

“Yeah, and I am a girl.”

He gasped. “It’s just a one time thing! I was drunk!”

Seunghyun simply shrugged and walked into his shop.

“Hey! You-“

“Just put the box on the counter there.”

“I’m not finished talking to you yet!”

Seunghyun stopped walking and turned to him abruptly that it caught him by surprise.

“What?”

Regaining back his composure, Seungri snarled. “Don’t you realize what you just did? You told her that and this is a small town, everybody will know.”

The guy in front of him gave out a soft chuckle. “You should have thought about it when you make a move on me.”

Seungri is above furious, he really wanted to punch the lights out of the arrogant guy but Seungri knows that if he did, it would turn out messier. Well, the guy could punch the lights out of him too. Seungri takes a deep breath,

“I really-really wanted to throw this on your smug face but my grandpa really thought highly of you. He wouldn’t forgive me if I did.”

He placed the box on the counter.

“It’s nice doing business with you.”

It seems like everything bad is piling on him day after day… he gave out a deep breath as he walked out from the other man’s shop. And he actually had thought that maybe Seunghyun could be a nice guy. Looks like he was wrong.

“Heh, polite my foot…” Seungri snorted as he walked angrily back to the store not aware by the eyes that was watching him.


 

*To be continued*