♡6♡

COLD LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Kai took the champagne from Naeun’s hand after she had a sip. He shakes his head. “You can’t take it.” Naeun look at him. “Let me have it.” Naeun need to drink. She couldn’t afford giving herself to him sober.

“Drink juice instead. You don’t want to end up drunk in front of the family and staffs right?” he reasons and she nods. Right. They are still in the banquet. She shouldn’t get drunk. She should behave. She is Son Naeun, the proper head Secretary that President Kim adore.

“My friends want to meet you.” He added and she almost sighs. She doesn’t want to meet them. Not the player bunch. Not the sleazy looking man who once try to seduce her. Not Kai’s most best friend who changes partner as frequent as he changes his clothes.

“Naeun.” Kai called her and Naeun actually did sighs. “Come on.” She said and Kai smiles. “Just a while okay.” Kai puts his hand behind Naeun’s back and his smile is a proud one.

“Hello sister in law. I’m Chanyeol.” She knows this one. Hiding behind his innocent smile. And the one called Baekhyun. She doesn’t know the rest though. It never appear important to her. Baekhyun is one of the shareholder, so she met him in meetings. Chanyeol always stuck with Kai. The others, she doesn’t know.

Kai introduce them one by one, including where they live and their education. Naeun shakes everyone’s hand. “Smile. Be professional.” She chanted in her mind so that she won’t appear rude.

“I’m going to the ladies.” She excuses herself when she feels dizzy with all the praises and compliments. Who knows they meant it straight or there is a hidden meaning.

Looking at herself in the mirror, Naeun gets tearful. “We will be the happiest couple once we get married.” Sehun once said to her. But now, he left her and she married the one she never dreamt of marrying. She pulls few pieces of tissues and wipes her tears carefully.

Smiling few times in front of the mirror, she is set. “I can do this.” She said as she glances at the ring which gives her a new title a while ago. She walks out and eyes searching for Kai and heaves a relief sigh when she saw him sitting alone.

Kai smiles when he saw Naeun. “Your friends?” he asks and she shakes her head. “I got one but she couldn’t come.” She said as she sat beside him. She is tired. “We’ll go up in a bit. You look spent.” 

Naeun nods. Going up means going inside the lion’s den. Is she ready? She glances at Kai who was looking at the people around them, smile never leave his face. “I think we can leave now.” He said standing up. She nods, again.

“I want to meet my family for a bit.”

“Sure. Take your time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter