Chapter 2

Can’t be because we're both girls

“Changie!!! Over here! Over here!” Mina waved at the girl.

 

“This is my best friend Chayoung” she hugged the girl “And this guy is my boyfriend, BamBam”

 

BamBam bowed to Chaeyoung, Chaeyoung did the same with a cold glare and a cold smile.

 

“Please take care of her, Mina-unnie’s very precious to me” said Chaeyoung with a hint of threat, still smiling.

 

“L-Leave it to me” he stuttered a little, compared to Mina who seems approachable, Chaeyoung seems so cold.

 

“But to be honest, I’m really glad that she found a guy like you. Otherwise she would cling on me crying non-stop, and mumbling the guy that just broke up with her yesterday” Chaeyoung nodded like a grandma.

 

“Chaengie! Don’t say that in front of him!” Mina blushed hitting the girl

 

“Ouch! Ouch! It’s hurt!!” Chaeyoung complained but did not push Mina away.

 

Watching the girls, BamBam laughed

 

They’re so closed he thought, feeling insecure. But I’m glad both of them are girls

 

“If I eat with you, lunch will over soon” said the cub “And I haven’t even started to eat yet”

 

“That’s ok.”

 

The two of them stopped fighting and started to eat, while eating. They all talked about things…things that only the two of them know, like completely lost in their own world forgetting about the existence of BamBam.

 

“Can you believe it? That’s what my mom said” Mina said with the chopsticks on her hands.

 

“Well, you can’t help it. That’s Mama Myoui’s personality. You should do what she asked”

 

“B-B-But--”

 

“No BUTs, eat your lunch”

 

“Arggg” Mina unhappily did what Chaeyoung ask.

 

“Oh yeah! Mom said she and dad will be going out during the weekend. She told me to ask you to come, only if you want to?” the belle completely changed her tone, as if the second ago she wasn’t mad at all.

 

“I really want to say no, but I guess I have no choice. Without me you can’t do anything properly” Chaeyoung shrugged her shoulders while closing the lunch box that she finished.

 

If BamBam haven’t known she would think that Chaeyoung’s older than Mina. Mina’s mature but somehow she can be so childish when it comes to Chaeyoung. And he feels a bit jealous about it, he has never seen Mina being this childish to anyone except for Chaeyoung.

 

“Hehehe I love you” Mina smiled hugging the girl

 

“Umm…” a voice said “How about me?” BamBam asked, he was being forgotten the whole time. It’s not that he didn’t want to participate in the conversation, he just couldn’t catch up with them. BamBam had tried several times to say his ideas, however everything he said didn’t match their conversation. Even if it matched, it only at that second. A second after, Chaeyoung and Mina would jump to another one.

 

“Sure, you can come with us since you’re her boyfriend anyway” said Chaeyoung as she ready herself to leave.

 

“Ah! Wait Chaengie” Mina pulled Chaeyoung’s sleeve down “There’s some food left on your face” as she said, Mina a piece of rice on the edge of Chaeyoung’s mouth. It was so close as if Mina almost kissed a part of her lips.

 

BamBam was speechless, his face all red. He didn’t know how to describe the scene he just watch.

 

“Thanks. I’m going to class first, we’re having exam in next period. You guys enjoy your time” Chaeyoung waved without looking back.

 

“Bye bye~ work hard on your exam!”

 

“Yes, yes I’ll try” she answered tiredly and disappeared leaving the awkward couple.

 

“Do you guys usually do that?” BamBam asked, feeling weird to see his girlfriend being so close to someone.

 

“Yes, that’s how we show our friendship” Mina smiled, back to her lunch.

 

“Umm, I’m wondering, what makes you two became close friends?” asked BamBam, he wants to know more about Mina. Also, her best friend.

 

“Well…long story” she began to remember “It was whole way back when we were in middle school”

 

 

 

~Years ago~

 

The class had ended, it was time for students to clear their class. Some were sweeping, some were cleaning the board, disposing garbage… everyone all have a job, suddenly a girl stopped working and asked one of her friends.

 

“My birthday is coming, and my mom is planning to make a big party for me. Do you want to come?” a girl asked

 

“I love it!” the other one replied happily.

 

“Me too, can I come?”

 

“Sure”

 

“How about me?”

 

“I want to come too!”

 

A bunch of girls excitedly ask, they all gathered around one girl. As if she was a celebrity.

 

“All of members in our class are welcome to come” she said loudly.

 

“You mean also Myoui?” one girl suddenly asked annoyed.

 

“Her? Of course not. I never consider her as a part of us and she’s a penguin remember?” the girl said mockingly, giving the girl who is sweeping quietly in the corner a hate glare. Same as the others.

 

“A person uses money to buy grades like her shouldn’t even be in our class.”

 

Mina was silent, she didn’t show any oppose but her eyes saying she was about to cry.

 

“She is the shame of our class”

 

“I heard she has a tutor at home”

 

“Then why does she need to go to school?”

 

“Just stay home already”

 

-------------------------------------------

 

The girls didn’t even care if the rumor was true, they’re all making a common cause with each other’s. They didn’t mind about what Mina would think, they spoke out loud.

 

When the poor girl couldn’t take it anymore and was about to cry. All the bad talks suddenly stopped… by a bucket of water wetting the girls.

 

“Sorry, my hand slipped” a girl who looks like a baby cub with a bucket of dirty cleaning water said to the girls.

 

“What the heck are you doing Son?” the girl started everything asked angrily

 

“Ahh~ my clothes are all wet” her friend complained

 

“And dirty” another girl continued

 

“And stinky” Chaeyoung added, making all of them gave her a death glare.

 

“You! I will remember this” the girl shouted pointing at Son Chaeyoung, as she left the room followed by others.

 

The class immediately quieted down, all the girls left, only the two of them in the room.

 

“What a mess” Chaeyoung said boringly “Hey you! Come and help me” she ordered, making the other girl a little surprised. She was the first person who had spoken to Mina, even it wasn’t seemed so friendly.

 

Mina didn’t say anything, she quietly followed Chaeyoung and helped her. But still, there was an awkward silence between them.

 

“Hey” Chaeyoung suddenly called, making Mina startled

 

“Why don’t you tell them the truth that you didn’t use your family’s money, but did it yourself?” the cub looked into Mina’s eyes deeply, making her blushed.

 

“They wouldn’t believe it” Mina said eyeing the ground, and continues cleaning “This is not the first time things happen, it was the same as the other schools I’ve been”

 

“I have moved to a lot of schools and tried really hard to not have the same troubles, however, nothing changed” she smiled bitterly.

 

Chaeyoung didn’t say anything, she took the wiper in Mina’s hand.

 

“Doesn’t matter what everyone say, you don’t have to care about It.” she cleaned most of it, eyes on the ground “If they’re jealous with your grades, let them be… If they don’t want to be friend with you, I’ll be your friend… If one day they want to leave you, just remember, I’ll be always by your side… --- That’s what she said” Mina smiled warmly, remembering the seriousness in Chaeyoung’s eyes when she said it “Since that day, we we’re always together, no matter I’m sad or happy, Chaeyoung will be the first one I look for”

 

“I see…” BamBam said quietly amazed by the story, he didn’t know the belle of school had such a bad time. Also, the bond between Chaeyoung and her is making him even envy about them.