The Priest

Exorcism

Pater Jin heard a loud thud, combined with a pained groan when he was walking along the main path of the little graveyard situated next to the church. Looking around he searched for the source of the unusual sound when he spotted a young boy laying on the cold pavement. Quickly moving over, the boy started gasping for air, seemingly not getting any oxygen into his lungs. Pater Jin kneeled down next to him checking his pulse, which was a little raised, but not concerning. The raven-haired boy had passed out. Jin quickly picked him up and made his way over to the church where he laid him down on one of the benches. The nave was dimly lit and the young priest hurriedly got another candle to inspect the male for any injuries. He looked ashy, his lips had turned blue, as if he had been in cold water for too long. The veins on his neck were nearly black, contrasted with his skin and Jin leaned in to get a closer look, when the boy suddenly stirred. An inhumanly sounding groan came from the boy before he opened his eyes. They were bloodshot. The whites of his eyes appearing red. "Are you alright?", asked Pater Jin, laying one hand on the boys shoulder. He flinched, looking at Jin with wide eyes, seeming slightly disorientated. "Where...", Namjoon didn't finish, his eyes flickering to the altar, decorated with differently coloured fabric and flowers. Behind was a painting of the crucifixion of Jesus. Pater Jin answered the boy's unfinished question: "We are in a church. I am Pater Jin and you are?" Barely a whisper came back: "Namjoon. Kim Namjoon." The priest crouched down next to the raven-haired male, putting his hand once again on the other's shoulder, asking: "Do you know what happened?" The boy didn't flinch this time, but when he spoke again it was Jin who backed off. Namjoons tone was cold, anger lingering in the words he spoke: "Oh, I know exactly what happened." Jin got an oppressive feeling in his chest. The boy in front of him slowly raised his head, his bangs covering his eyes. He was smirking devilishly, his face turning into an ugly grimace and for a second his eyes turned a bright red. Jin's eyes widened in horror. "Possession." The boy leaned towards the priests face, getting dangerously close, their noses nearly touching when he whispered: "Exactly.", and burst into laughter. Quickly the priest got up and took long strides towards the confessional. When he returned, the demon was still laughing, occasionally stopping, before bursting into another fit of laughter. "Let's see how funny you'll find that.", said Jin, trying to keep calm, before pouring a flacon of holy water over the laughing creature. An ear-splitting scream followed and the priest took that opportunity to grab the demon. Jin dragged him over towards the altar pushing the table out of the way with one hand. Hoseok was struggling to break free, but stopped when the priest held an iron knife up to his throat. It burned his skin and he clenched his teeth in order to not scream. "If you torture and kill me now, you are just doing that to the boy who's body I took." "I don't even know if he is still in there, so why not kill you?" "He's still here. Fighting me quite strongly actually." Jin slammed the head of the boy down onto the altar table, pressing the blade deeper into the flesh. "Don't! Please don't kill me! God! I didn't do anything! I don't even know where I am!" The tone of the boy had changed again. Panic and fear painted his words and Jin quickly let go. "Wha-what happened?", asked the boy with a shaky voice. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you.", was Jin's reply. The priest walked to a door on the left, grabbing a chair and some iron handcuffs. "Sit.", demanded Jin in a serious manner. "What?" The Pater shoved the carpet away revealing a devils trap. He placed the chair in the very middle, grabbed Namjoon and pushed him down. "What? Why are you doing this?", asked the raven-haired not, frightened, as Jin tied him up with the cuffs. "For your own safety. Give me a sceond. I'll be right back.", said the priest before heading to another room to call someone.