The Demon

Exorcism

The demon with the red eyes was strolling around the brightly lit streets. It was Friday evening and many people were out in the city. To Hoseok it was heaven, or rather hell, which he considered his beautiful home. His eyes scanned his environment for a good victim. After months of staying in hell, not having a chance to scam people, reveling in their misery or making deals with unknowing humans, he longed for a playmate. A bunch of girls tried to seduce him with stares or faint touches, but he wasn't interested. They looked like , barely dressed, exposing more skin than actually covering. Their faces full with makeup, real skin hidden under a thick layer. The demon could only guess how many partners they had had in the last weeks and it disgusted him. You could call him a hypocrite, considering that he himself wasn't any better. He of course did not refuse any type of fun activity, but to him it had to do with his good taste in food. He could smell and see their souls. A dirty brown and a moldy smell ascending from their bodies. Hoseok had a specific preference when it came to his meals. Either really dark souls, which are extremely rare and even harder to find. Serial killers, child molesters, drug dealers, mafiosi, even some reckless business men has such dark, sometimes black souls. Or the way easier to find, innocent souls. Light one's, which were nearly white. So pure, that some demons could not stand to devour them. The innocence of those souls had a certain smell, a rather faint one, sometimes roses or vanilla or something sweet, but it differed from person to person and was therefore nearly impossible to distinguish in all that mold and gunk, that was lingering in the streets. Hoseok glanced at the groups of people again and was about to leave to a different place, when he saw a white flickering, from the corner of his eye which caught his attention. It came from a boy, who had a worried expression on his face and didn't seem like he wanted to be here in the first place. He had dark hair, which contrasted the white gleam that was radiating around him. Hoseoks legs seemingly moved on their own, as he slowly got closer. The boy was with a group of friends, who obviously had had some drinks already. "Namjoon! Cheer up!", screamed on of them, stumbling towards Hoseoks new target. Namjoon pushed the other male away from him, a slightly disgusted expression on his face. 'That boy definitely does not belong here.' His nature was way too innocent for such people. The demon arrived at the end of the queue and was just a few meters from the boy. He wanted to get as close as possible, so he could use his demonic abilities to seduce him as fast as possible, because he was craving a meal. In front of him stood some rather unintelligent girls, whom he just had so give a smile and they would let him pass. It was too easy with those humans sometimes, but that made it more fun, because he could devote them so easily. Next in the line were some teenage boys, which he just threw a cold stare and they would let him through, obviously scared of him. The demon just grinned at that reaction and was pleased that he had reached the group of people to which his target belonged to. Namjoons friends gave off a pathetic smell and Hoseok scrunched up his nose in disgust. 'How can such a pure person be around a bunch of sinners?' The light smell of roses mixed with mint hit Hoseok and he took a deep breath in, before shakily letting it out again: "Beautiful." The demon closed his eyes for a moment concentrating on the heartbeat of his victim.

 

"Next!", the line moved forward, closer to the entrance. One after another entered the club. One smelling worse than the one before, except for Namjoin who also got left behind and was now standing in front of the demon. The security guard glanced at the boy and snarled: "Your ID." He got nervous and started fishing for his wallet in one of his pockets. "Ehm, a moment please." "Hurry! Don't have all night.", was the men's unfriendly reply. The demon could smell the nervousness of the raven-haired male and decided to step in. "He belongs to me.", said the demon plainly, putting an arm around Namjoons shoulder, before flashing him a reassuring smile. "And?", was the only thing the guard replied not getting the underlying command of the demon. Hoseok was about to lose his temper and rip this mans throat out, because of his rude behavior and the disgusting smell that man was giving off.  He leaned forward, staring the guard dead in the eye, whispering: "Optempera!" (lat.: Obey!) The expression on the mans face suddenly changed, eyes turning foggy, while his face was without any emotions. "Have a good night.", he said in a slow, washed out tone, before stepping aside and pointing towards the door. "Thank you.", smiled Hoseok, before he grabbed Namjoons hand and pulled him inside. The boy murmured a short "Thanks" and excused himself saying: "I need to find my friends." The demon was too confused to hold the boy back. Normally a touch of his was enough to have a human fully in his ban, but Namjoon obviously was far from.the ordinary. 'Where did he go?' He looked around, but couldn't spot a white gleam in between all those ugly souls. Hoseok closed his eyes again and tried to find his victim with the help of his other senses. He could faintly make out the boy's heartbeat and followed the steady sound till he found him in the crowd. The raven-haired male was standing at the bar, ordering a beer. Hoseok approached him from behind: "It's kind of impolite to just leave me after I helped you out." The boy spun around, eyes wide. "Ehm. Yeah, sorry.", Namjoon scratched the back of his neck, trying to avoid the demons eyes. "You shouldn't lie." "I’m not lying. I-i.", he started stuttering. "I don't believe you one bit.", the demon smiled stepping closer to his target. Namjoon wanted to escape, but Hoseok had put his hands on the bar behind, leaving the boy no way out, his arms imprisoning him, forcing him to stay where he was. Leaning forward he heard the boys pulse picking up and couldn't help the grin creeping up his face. "Don't worry. I won't harm you.", he whispered, getting even closer.