Chapter Two

Better Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final Chapter

➸ March 29, 2018 – Jiyong

 

            I sighed as I looked outside of my window.

            “Looks like we’ll be landing in Seoul soon, Mr. Kwon.” My secretary, Oh Sehun, sat on my left side and notified me.

            I looked back at him and nodded.

            “When was the last time you’ve visited Korea?” Sehun asked.

            “It’s been four years.” I sighed as I leaned my head on the head of my seat.

            “Oh, so it’s been three years since your first promotion! Wow, that’s incredible! It only took you four years to become the company’s Vice President!” Sehun gaped.

            I gave a smile in return and continued to look outside of the window.

            I, myself, was surprised as well. After Dara and I broke up, the promotion that was offered to me was to manage the branch in the United States. If I had been with Dara, I don’t think I would have taken it, but since we broke up, I thought it would be a good idea to distract myself and work more.

            Since I left my whole life behind in Korea, work became my everything. Because of this factor, I was able to work more and build credibility within the company. Not only did this help me with my advancement, but I soon became close with the president of the company. The president learned of my break up with Dara and felt guilty about inviting me to the dinner with the clingy client. Oddly enough, he was a true believer of love and wanted to help me out. He soon became another father figure in my life and mentored me on how to succeed in the business world.

When I got promoted to become vice president, I was offered a job back in Korea. However, the president knew of my situation and asked me if I wanted to go back to Korea. At the time, I wasn’t ready, so I denied the offer.

I didn’t want to go back to Korea.

I was scared.

What if Dara got married to someone else already?

What if she started a family?

Would I be able to handle that news?

Four years weren’t long enough for me to forget about Dara. She constantly lived in my heart and mind. I only dated around in the States to try to move on, but I never fully had another girlfriend after Dara.

Now that it has been four years, I found the courage to go back to Korea and find out how Dara has been doing.

I thought that if I saw her move on with my own eyes, it would make it easier for me to move on.

“So what are our plans when we land? Please catch me up, Sehun.”

“No problem! So when we land, our first agenda for work will be setting up your welcome party.”

“Welcome party? I don’t think we need one…” I said.

“The President wants you to have one. He said that it would be good to have one since the Korean branch hasn’t met their Vice President yet. Plus, he thinks you need a break, which is what you exactly need. And it’ll be fun!” Sehun nudged my arm with his and raised his eyebrows up and down.

“You just want to meet new girls,” Jiyong rolled his eyes.

“Yes, and what is wrong with that? That’s what you should do!” Sehun said.

“I don’t feel like meeting girls.” I confessed.

“Still in love with Dina? Wait. Dora? No, Dara! I want to meet her one day. I’ve always wondered what she’s like. I mean you’re still in love with her after four years! She must be super beautiful.” Sehun smiled.

I flicked his forehead and as he rubbed his forehead, I spoke. “She is, but don’t even think about meeting her. You’re too flirty, which makes you undeserving,” I joked.

“Are you going to find her?” Sehun asked.

“No.” I replied.

“What! Why not?” Sehun whined.

“Because, she might not even want to see me.”

“That’s not true, she might miss-“

Sehun was interrupted by a stewardess who let us know that we were landing in a few minutes.

Thankfully, the stewardess was pretty and caught Sehun’s attention, making him forget about their previous conversation.

I wasn’t in the mood to speak about Dara.

 

Once I settled in my new apartment, I was able to start work the next day. Sehun met me in my office and informed me of our new plans.

“So, the President wants this party to be huge. I don’t think I can plan this party alone…” Sehun spoke. “Is it okay if we hire an event planner? The President left this party in my hands and I don’t think I can plan the whole thing by myself…”

“Sure, that’s fine.”

“The President also informed me that he wants you to be involved in the planning as well, since it’ll be your party. I’ll set up meetings for the three of us to meet and plan the party.”

“Three of us?” I asked.

“Yeah, You, me, and the event planner we’re going to hire.”

Busy with work, I just nodded my head and said okay.

Sehun let out a huge grin and walked away.

“What’s up with him? Eh, he’s just being Sehun…” I continued working.

 

A few days passed by and Sehun informed me of my meeting that we have with our event planner.

It was my last schedule for the day and we had to meet our event planner at a restaurant.

“Alright, let’s head there now, we don’t want to be late,” I said.

“Hey, boss? Fix your hair, it doesn’t look perfect.” Sehun stared at me, looking up and down, as if he was inspecting my whole body. “Fix your tie, it’s a bit uneven… and put some cologne on!”

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms against my chest. “What is your problem? We’re just meeting an event planner. It’s not like I have an important presentation. C’mon, let’s go, it doesn’t matter…” I grabbed my keys from my desk and headed towards my office door.

“But you should always dress to impress! You’re the Vice President! You have an image to maintain!” Sehun ran towards me and sprayed cologne all over.

Coughing, due to the excess cologne, I shook my head and took the cologne from Sehun. “Are you trying to kill me with these fumes?”

“Nope, not at all boss! Just looking out for ya!” Sehun patted my back and smiled.

 

As we approached the restaurant, we gave the waitress our name so that she can pull up our reservation.

“It looks like your guest has arrived already and is seated at your table. Come with me and I will lead you there.” The waitress smiled, and I heard Sehun snicker behind me.

“Hello, ma’am, they have arrived.” The waitress spoke to the woman who was still currently blocked from my view.

“Thank you,” the woman spoke with a voice that I haven’t heard in four years.

Shocked, I walked to the side of the waitress to make sure I wasn’t dreaming.

“Dara?” I looked to the woman who was seated.

My heart instantly raced, and I felt like I couldn’t breathe.

I couldn’t believe my eyes.

Dara still looked just as gorgeous as the last time I’ve seen her. This time, instead of having short hair, she sported long hair, which cascaded down her back. She didn’t age a bit, and still looked like how she did four years ago.

I missed her brown eyes that had a sparkle of gold in them.

I missed her bubblegum pink lips that naturally curled up.

But before all her features, I just missed her presence.

I couldn’t help but stare at her. I don’t know how long we stood there, but the waitress coughed and spoke first.

“So, here are the menus, please take your time to look them over. We will be back in a few minutes.” The waitress smiled and left us there, standing.

“Hello.” Dara got up from her seat and walked over to me.

She let out her hand and gave Sehun a handshake as she introduced herself. “Hello, I’m Sandara Park. You must be Oh Sehun, we spoke over the phone a few times.” She let out a smile that I yearned to see for the past four years.

“Nice to meet you. This is my boss, the Vice President of YG Entertainment, Kwon Jiyong.” Sehun let out a soft snicker and grinned.

Dara turned to me and let out her hand for a handshake.

Is she pretending to not know me? And, a handshake? I haven’t seen her for four years and all I’m able to do is give a handshake?

I didn’t return her gesture but instead decided to act on my heart, and not my head.

“Oh, it.” I let out the breath I was holding in.

I took a step forward and put my arms around her figure,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter