Home Life

A Melody from Home

In the back of the house, there was a girl in deep sleep. Her room was the smallest in the house. It wasn't complete. There was no carpet, just worn out wooden planks for the floor. She didn't have much in her room, just a very small wardrobe and a cabinet beside the bed, with a digital clock placed upon it. It had just turned 6am.

"EUN-MI!!!! EUN-MI!!!!!" Eun-Mi mother screamed. "JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE FINISHED SCHOOL, DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET TO SLEEP LONGER!" There was a pause..... "THE HOUSE ISN'T GOING TO CLEAN ITSELF!" Another pause. "YOU NEED TO DROP OFF YOUR SISTER AND BROTHER, REMEMBER?" She walked back into her bedroom, and went straight back into bed.

"Uhhhhhhhhh" She moaned in her disturbed sleep. Looking at the clock, she mentally cried and forced her stiff body out of bed. Her warm feet now touching the ice cold floor, she yawned and stretched. Half dead she went to the bathroom. Leaving her room the house was beautiful.

***

She started her daily chores at ten past six, she had 1hour and 20 minutes before her dongseng would wake up. She had a younger sister. She brushed and mopped the floors. Dusted the furniture, put the first load of the washing in the machine. She opened the curtains to let the rising suns light into the house, then opened the windows to let the chemical smell get sweeped away.....

She moved onto the uniforms and ironed, hung them up ready for her dongsengs to change into them after their showers. She packed their school bags as well. Almost done she started to make breakfast, it was now half past seven, she heard the alarm go off. 'Thank you so much, I don't have to go school anymore....' She rejoyed to herself.

***

Later on, after dropping off her dongsengs to school, it was time to open the shop. 9am. Spend her whole day there and then go home when she would normally do her coursework but being 18 almost 19 she had left school.She finally had free time. Finding her Mom in the living room she wanted to talk to her. Reluctantly she went for the conversation. 

"Mother... I've had the dream again, it's becoming more frequent... Can I talk to you about it?" Eun-Mi questioned timidly. Looking down as she spoke. One quick glance upwards she saw her mothers face.

"What do you want to talk about?" She repiled gently as she could.

"Well..... It's hard to explain.... Erm-" She was cut off.

"Hurry up child, I don't have all day, I have to make dinner and you need to clean up!" 

"I've already told you....It's the one when... I think I am a baby... and I see this man holding this rag doll, it has blonde straw like hair and when I see him I feel so safe... a-a-and... ermm" her voice was quiet  "Have you ever played the flute?" She gave herself some courage to speak up. 

A silenced followed. "How many times Eun-Mi?" Her face turned into pure anger. Again. "I don't know how much times we've had this conversation! It's just a dream! It doesn't mean anything, okay!? Can you please make yourself handy and do some work around here? It's filthy!"  She bickered and walked off into the kittchen.

She was stood there, frozen. 'Everytime, I try to speak to Mother, to any of them... It's like they hate me.... Why? What have I done? I can never please them.' Tears welled up. 'No, no, no, no... You are not going to cry. That is just.....YOU'RE SO WEAK!!... she's proberly just busy' She was fighting back the tears. After years of crying she was sick of it. 'You are not going to cry.' She gritted her teeth together, clenching her hands she quickly got her cleaning gear and got started. 

***

"Hey, Eun-Mi? You missed a spot." Her younger brother spilt her orange juice on the floor, which she just cleaned. On purpose.

"I just cleaned that!" Eun-Mi hissed. "You split it go and clean it up yourself."

Her brother looked at her dumbfounded. Eun-Mi never spoke back to him, ever. "Mom!!! Eun-Mi isn't cleaning up prop

erly! She's telling me to clean up instead!" He smirked at Eun-Mi. 'That will teach her to talk back to me.' He thought smuggly.

"What are you doing? You clearly just split that, go tell Mother that you split it and clean it up now, Jae Woon!" Eun-Mi fought back, not taking her pathetic brothers little 'jokes' anymore. She stood up from scrubbing the floors. "Go tell Mother, go!"

"No!" He was up in her face. "You can't make me!!!" He bobbed out his tounge and ran off.

Sighing she cleaned it up, 'Totally ungrateful little boy! If I was... was.... MEAN... Then maybe I would have slapped him one around the face' She grunted quietly. 'I couldn't do that...I'm too much of a nice sister.' She dumped her gloves and sponge in the bucket, finally she was finished. She still had a few hours hours before the family would all go to sleep, forcing her to go to sleep as well. Never really had the chance to go out.

***

Eun-Mi's mother and her younger sister were outside next to a car. She's going to a party.

"Okay now, sweety, make sure you don't do anything stupid there alright? No alcohol, no talking to boys or anything of that, do you understand?" The mother said to Eun-Mi's younger sister.

"Yes, yes.. I know, you don't have to keep on telling me Mom, it's getting annoying" Hwa Young muttered.

She smiled "Just so you know, okay? Now I hope you have a good time and don't come back to late! Bye!" She waved to Hwa Young. She entered into her friends Mom's car and then she drove off.

***

Eun-Mi was stood at the top of the stairs. She was clenching her hands again. She quickly went to her room before her mother noticed her stood there, staring outside where the car was just parked. She closed the door, and sat on her bed. She looked down and reliased she was crying. She felt her heart get crushed inside of her. Her body was heavy.

Knock, knock, knock~~~~~

Her Dad walked in. "Hey! Eun-Mi...." He saw her crying. "Hey, hey, sweety!" He ran up to the bed and sat next to her wrapping his arms around her. "What's wrong?" He whispered.

She stayed silent, burying herself into his shirt. An hour went by.

"You don't want to talk, hmm?" He said softly. He rubbed her arm. "It's getting late darling... I need to go to work early tomorrow, okay? I love you." Kissing her forehead he went to the door. "Good night." He smiled gently, and closed the door.

Her father the only person that loved her....For now......

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for taking sooooo long to update.... I need to be shot, yeah? Anyways, hoped you liked it, comment and subscribe XD ♥ xxx (Please tell me if I have spelling mistakes ^^)