Wanting to get away from it all

A Melody from Home

Changed the last bit from the 'middle of Seoul' to the 'outskirts' so you know... I haven't updated as a chater update ;)

 

"EUN-MI! EUN-MI!!" Again her day had started. The same routine for the day. She cleaned up. Took her dongsengs to school and hours later picked them up. After that went to help around the shop. 

"Eun-Mi.. I'm going shopping with my friends since you are here. Make sure you close it at 11pm." Her Mom said simply, and left. She stood there dumbfounded.She glanced at the clock it was just past eight and it was quite dark out.

"What?.....Uh ohh...erm... ermmmm......" She started panicking. "What do I do... I've never done this before!!" She was talking to herself. *What am I doing?* She laughed at herself. She shrugged it off and served some of the customers that came into the shop. Smiling, "How can I help you?"

***

(Few hours later)

It was close to the time to close up the shop but she was just refilling some of the almost empty shelves. So she didn't have so much to do tomorrow. Deep in thought about the arrangement of the shelevs......

Suddenly, a hand crept on her shoulder, and tightly held it.

"Ahhhhhhhhh~~~!!!!" Eun-Mi screamed, tripping over her feet, dropping some of the supplies in her hands.

BANG~~~~ She landed first. "Owww!!!!" She rubbed her thigh. Looking up she saw her best friend from school. Ae Sook.

"Kekekekekkekekeee!" Ae Sook cried with laughter. "Same old Eun-Mi, I see, clumsy as ever!!" She teased playfully. Eun-Mi pouted at her. Ae Sook let out her hand to help her up. Stobbornly she ignored it and got up herself, her back towards Ae Sook. She dusted herself off. Ae Sook giggled childishly.

"That hurt...." She mumbled turning around to Ae Sook. She smiled, she could never hold a grudge on her. She was way too cute. She had a baby face, loose long straight coffee brown hair and was quite small for her age. "Anyway.... What are you doing here??!" She hugged her. "How have you been?" She squealed. The hug was quite awkward from what it normally was she backed away.

"I've been good...." Ae Sook smiled politely. "Erm..." She gulped. "Eun-Mi-Ah.... Actually I came here to tell you something." She muttered awkwardly, looking down.

"Whats up?" She asked cheerfully expecting the usual gossip from her.

"Me and Junghyun... We're a couple." She stated simply.

"What?!" Eun-Mi gasped, trying to hold in her shocked tears. She felt her heart crush instantly like all the force of the world was crushing down on her. Her 'best friend' took her completely off guard.

"I'm sorry. But, I love him and he loves me." Ae Sook explained looking away from Eun-Mi's teary eyes. "I wanted you to be the first to know. I have to go, he's waiting for me. I'm really sorry." She bowed awkwardly and rushed out, leaving Eun-Mi to cry silently by herself.

She slumped against the till. Wanting to be alone. She remembered the times in school when she and Ae Sook would follow Junghyun. She only had small meaningless convasations with him, meaning proberly nothing, but a whole different side of light in her eyes. She had always had a massive crush on him, since as long as she could remember. Ae Sook was the first and only person to know she fancied him. *How could she do this? Maybe I wasn't pretty enough. I've always been ugly, Ae Sook was constantly pretty, I had nothing on her.* Hot fresh tears flew out of her eyes, down her soft cheeks. Making her head pound by the second. She was there for about 5 minutes crying. Abruptly, the phone went off, making her head hurt more, all she wanted was silence.

RING, RING~~ RING RING~~

She sighed, wiping away her tears and hair from her face

RING, RING~~ RING. RING~~

"Hello?" She asked in her most happy tone she could produce at the moment.

"Why do you sound so gloomy for? Aren't you happy I have given you a life time job?" Her Mother sneered down the phoneline.

"What happened to me going to university?" She cried into the phone, letting her tears freely fall.

"You don't need to go, dear. You've got all you need, a job. Oh yes, I forgot to tell you are going to pay rent to us as you are going to be in the last year of your teens. So you need a job and going to university isn't going to pay for your shelter. " Her Mother rejoiced. She heard in the background Hwa Young her younger sister in the background having a tantrum about how she doesn't have money to go out with her friends. She slammed the phone down.

She was crying hysterically now, she dashed towards the till and emptied it, putting all the money in her bag. Than she ran to the back and also emptied the safe and stuffed as much as possibe into her pockets. She had no idea in what she was doing, all she knew that she needed to get away. She quickly went into the aisles and grapped the first sanitary products she saw, and ran out leaving the shop and everything behind.

She ran and kept on running. The towns lights behind her were fading. The roads turned to country ones, rain was pouring down lightly on her. She was still crying from her Mother, sister her so called best friend. She had no one, her Father was no good to her, he was a push over. She screamed a loud piercing scream that wasn't heard by a living soul. She let out all her pain and anger out from over the years in that one night. She had mud smeared all over her. Just when she thought she might as well go back home a truck came up the very road.

"HEY!!! HEYY! STOP!" She waved her hands to the man in the truck, he pulled over.

"Can I help you, miss?" He asked politely, looking at her up and down.

"Please? I need to go to the city... Seoul." She announced to him formally. *What am I doing??* She looked back to him with pleading eyes.

He took some time but eventually said yes. The journey was really awkward but it ended quicker than she thought it would have. "Okay, Miss, this is your stop." He got her out of his truck as fast as possible and drove off really swiftly. Leaving her alone,in the outskirts of Seoul, by herself.

"Oh. My. God."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comment and Subscribe :D Hehehehe, hoped you guys liked it, sorry again for taking soooo long to update! I will really try to at least update weekly... I take on the mission! Ahahahahaa ♥ SHINeeJunior ♥ xxxxx