Playdate

One Big Happy EXO Family?

Baekhyun is an extra and very bubbly man. Even as a kid, his mother figure (Hyukjae) had a hard time trying to keep up with the kid. Case and point, Baekhyun loved playtime as a kid. As an adult with a kid of his own, no one's surprised that he filled the playmat with action figures, toy cars, stuffed animals, the whole shebang. Kyungsoo, however, has no imagination on his own. Hell, even Baekhyun has more fun with 'eomma/baby playtime' than Kyungsoo did. Chanyeol himself is a happy virus. A bubbly Baekhyun and a happy virus named Chanyeol make a crabby Kyungsoo? How did this happen? Where did they go wrong? Are they trying hard enough? Is Kyungsoo crabby because of the diva that is Jaejoong? These questions wander in Baekhyun's mind. He wants to do something about it, but how?

"I have no idea what to do. Is Kyungsoo really a reincarnation of Jaejoong?" Baekhyun asks in his phone during the 4-year-old's nap.

"Aren't you overreacting?" Minseok asks.

"Kyungsoo is a reserved boy. He doesn't like playing with toys, but he loves his owl plushie."

"Uh-huh."

"Are you even listening to me, Minseok?"

"Totally."

"I could hear you rolling your eyes."

"At least that your child isn't a sassy ."

"Nice job talking about your kid like that, hyung."

"Thanks, ."

"Anytime. Back to Kyungsoo. Our children are crazy."

"For the first time in a while, I agree."

"They are grandpas' boys for sure. WAIT, XI DAMN MINSEOK WHAT WAS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?"

"Could you not destroy my eardrum? And didn't you say that Kyungsoo is asleep?"

Baekhyun pauses, guilty written all over his eyes.

"Whoops. Hold on, hyung." Baekhyun didn't even give Minseok to react and ran upstairs. Satisfied that his 4-year-old is still asleep, he closes the door silently and goes back downstairs. "Sorry, you were saying?"

"I took the liberty to check on Sehun as well. Still playing with his deer plushy." Minseok answers.

"What do you think that I should do?"

"I got an idea. Make sure that Kyungsoo looks decent but not too much like the Royal Palace tomorrow. Luhan just came home. See you tomorrow." With that, Minseok hung up. 

"Is he going to tell me his idea?" Baekhyun asks. As if on cue, Chanyeol comes in. He immediately puts Baekhyun in his embrace.

"Hey, yeobo," Chanyeol says casually. Baekhyun shushes him.

'Kyungsoo is taking a nap." Baekhyun says in a whisper.

"Why? Didn't he have a nap early afternoon? It's 7." Chanyeol whispers.

"He had a tantrum about 45 minutes ago."

"Is a nap really necessary?"

"As appa said, naps cure a cranky body."

"Maybe Donghae told you that so he could catch a break on how loud his son is."

Baekhyun put his hands on his hip, unimpressed and annoyed.

"Yeobo, you are just as loud."

"That's so...true." Chanyeol locks their lips as they hear whining behind them. They both look at their little boy, who is cranky as ever.

"Hey, cranky . Did you have a nice nap?" Baekhyun asks as he picks up his son and kisses his cheek.

"How was work?"

"Tiring, as usual. We got a new guy and I had to train the kid." 

"Did it go well though?"

" For the most part. Jinki did have a heart attack almost. The poor kid accidentally dropped a folder and Jinki gave him a lecture."

"And our friends say that we are extra."

Chanyeol chuckles in agreement. "How about you? Why did Kyungsoo throw a tantrum?"

"I accidentally scared him when I had a sheet mask on after he waddled from his playmate to the kitchen, where I was." 

"How about playing? Did you get far?"

"Not really. He was interested in a book, though."

"Oh my God, he's just like my appa."

"Yunho does like to read in his spare time. What did you do today besides scare our son?"

"I talked to Minseok before you came home and he apparently has a big idea to get Kyungsoo to play his toys more."

"Oh yeah?" Chanyeol then takes a bored-looking Kyungsoo from Baekhyun's arms. "What do you think, Kyungsoo?" 

To answer that, Kyungsoo grabs Chanyeol's ear, making the man hiss in pain. Baekhyun chuckles and helps his husband out by taking the toddler's hand off Chanyeol ear. Kyungsoo pouts as Baekhyun takes Kyungsoo back into his own arms.

"We don't hurt appa," Baekhyun scolds nicely, in which Kyungsoo pouts even harder.  


The next day rolls around as Baekhyun gets Kyungsoo ready for the day. After Kyungsoo rejects jeans, stretchy pants, even pajama bottoms, Baekhyun decides to dress him in his owl onesie. Once done, Baekhyun feeds Kyungsoo and sets his boy down, waiting for the door.

"I wonder what Minseok has in store for us." Baekhyun wonders.

"Hunnie too?" Kyungsoo asks.

"I believe so," Baekhyun answers. A little while later, the doorbell rings as Kyungsoo waddles to the door, Baekhyun following suit, to open it. Minseok and Sehun are both on the other side.

"Hey, hyung." Baekhyun greets.

"Hey Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. Sehun, say hi." Minseok says.

"Hi Baek. KYUNGIE," Sehun says, greeting Kyungsoo.

"HUNNIE," Kyungsoo yells back, giving Sehun a hug.

"How cute," Minseok comments as they come inside and sit down on the play mat.

"What's your big plan to get Kyungsoo to play more?" Baekhyun asks as the door rings again. This time, Joonmyeon and Zitao get greeted by Baekhyun. Zitao plops down next to Sehun and Kyungsoo, Joonmyeon follows suit.

"KYUNGIE, HUNNIE" Zitao yells in excitement.

"TAOTAO," Kyungsoo and Sehun both say.

"Now we are missing..." Minseok stops mid-sentence when the doorbell rings again. Baekhyun opens the door to... (guess it.)

 

...Jongdae and Jongin.

"Hey, Dae," Barkhyun says. Jongdae bows to everyone, Jongin follows suit. Jongin looks around and runs to his toddler friends.

"NINI!"

"TAOTAO, HUNNIE, KYUNGIE"

After a few minutes of the boys playing with blocks, Baekhyun breaks the silence.

"I'll go make lunch. Who wants jjajangmyeon?" 

"ME." Minseok, Joonmyeon, and Jongdae all say in unison. Baekhyun smiles in satisfaction as he goes to the kitchen.

After lunch, the boys fall asleep on the play mat, cuddling. Jongdae can't help but squeal, taking a picture while doing so. Baekhyun, Joonmyeon, and finally Minseok follow suit. After playing with the blocks some more, a bouncy ball, played house (two future OTPS as neighbors and stuffies as their children), and played superheroes, Baekhyun decides that the boys played enough and Super Wings. While the 4 boys are engrossed, Baekhyun whispers to Minseok.

"A group playdate is your big idea?"

Minseok shrugs. "It worked, didn't it? Kyungsoo did engage a lot. I still believe that it was a success."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT WAS A SUCCESS?" Kyungsoo shushes his mother figure.

"Appa, please use your indoor voice." Kyungsoo scolds cutely. Joonmyeon chuckles.

"How adorable," he whispers. 

"Anyway, what do you mean success?" Baekhyun whispers.

"You wanted Kyungsoo to engage more into playing, and this idea popped into my head while checking on Sehun, so I put it into action."

"So, what you are saying is that in order for Kyungsoo to be more interested in playtime is a playdate?"

"Not that they are complaining. The boys may be future best friends in this state." Joonmyeon whispers. "I mean, it seems like they all refused to wear anything but onesies in unison."

"That may be true. But I have one thing plaguing my mind, are you willing to come over every day?" Baekhyun asks.

"We just have to find out, don't we?" Jongdae says.


A/N College kicks my . Wow. Anyway, I hope that you like this chapter. Did your Mother's Day go well? My little brother's birthday was Saturday, and it gave me a headache. Adult problems. Oh well. Did I do good on 'Satansoo' (or least was accurate)? Also, I maybe will do another story soon. I haven't decided when. See you next time. Bye.