Chapter 3

His Girl

 

Everyone was piling out of class to go home and get ready for whatever they were going to do on a Friday night.

“Hey Riley!”

I looked up at Luna and smiled at her “Sup?” I asked.

“Want to hang out later?” she asked.

“I wish I could but I got work.” I told her.

“Work? When did you get a job?”

“Yesterday”

“So fast?!” I nodded.

“Huh well will you look at that. Okay then guess we can hang out another day” she said while dragging me out of the class room with her.

“We can hang out to—“I gasped when I felt something wet hit my chest. I looked down and saw my cloths were wet.

“Ya! What is wrong with you?!” Luna yelled at Jieun who was holding a water balloon with a smirk on her face.

She looked at us innocently “Wae? I was just cleaning something dirty” she said with a smile on her face like she didn’t do anything at all. I walked towards her but Luna pulled me back and pointed at the teacher that was coming our way.

I glared at Jieun and bumped her shoulder when I walked past her. When I and Luna exited the school I started screaming.

“Calm down”

“Calm down?! She threw a ing water balloon at me and your telling me to calm down?!” I shouted. I was seriously pissed off. Who does she think she?! Is she still pissed off with the whole Yongguk stuff? What the heck is wrong with her, she needs to move on and get it through her brain that he doesn’t like her.

“Wow you must really be pissed. Well forget about it okay and go to work” Luna said while tapping my back, Oh my gosh work. I ran straight to work without saying goodbye to Luna.

I barged in the cafe and looked up at a confused Himchan “Sorry that I’m late!” I said.

He chuckled “It’s okay no need to rush” he said. He came over at me and grabbed my blazer and looked at my school logo.

“You go to Haneul high?!”

I nodded.

“An all girl school?! Ya! Why didn’t you tell me this?!” he asked. Well more like shouted. I shoved him away “Was I supposed to? Aish I need to go clean myself up.”

I walked inside the kitchen towards the locker room. I took off my blazer and hanged it up to dry. Luckily I brought extra clothes so I could wear that when I finished work. I took out my work uniform but stopped when I saw Daehyun walk in.

Daehyun looked up at me and stopped walking with his eyes wide open.

“Wae?” I asked. He didn’t say anything and I noticed his ears were turning red. What’s up with him?

I followed his eyes and looked down at my clothes. I gasped and turned around facing my back towards him. Because of my wet shirt you were able to see my bra.

Damn it! How come I didn’t notice that?! Yongguk hasn’t seen me in my bra and I’m not saying I would ever show him pshh as if. But Urgg.

I heard Daehyun leave the room. I quickly put on my uniform and walked out the locker room. I saw Daehyun and Himchan at the counter and walked up towards them avoiding Daehyun's eyes.

“What’s wrong with you?” Himchan asked him. He just shrugged and went to make coffee for a customer.

“So what do you want do you want me to do?” I asked Himchan. He looked over at me and shrugged.

“You can help me in the kitchen?” he said. Getting bossed around in the kitchen no thank you!

“I’ll just stay here” I told him and walked towards the counter.

For hours I and Daehyun haven’t said anything to each other. I was about to start a conversation but stopped when I saw a black car outside the café.

Daehyun saw it to and narrowed his eyes at it.

“Great”

Did he say that? Before I could ask he walked towards the kitchen and bumped my shoulder along the way.

“Aish” I mumbled while rubbing my shoulder.

A woman with long black hair walked towards the counter. You could tell she was rich by the way she was holding her Gucci bag. But mostly because of those two big guys standing behind her.

“C-can I help you?” why am I stuttering!?

“Yes actually I’m looking for Dae—“

“EOMEONI!” Himchan shouted. Does he know her?

“Himchan I told you not to call me that. Do you know where—“

“He’s not here. Sorry you just missed him” he said cutting her off. Who was she looking for?

The woman signed and nodded “Just tell me when he is round okay” she said.

“Yes ma’am!” Himchan saluted.

The woman just rolled her eyes and walked out the shop. When the car left Daehyun walked back in.

“Who was that?” I asked Himchan.

“No one.” Daehyun said cutting Himchan off.

Something is up and there not telling me what.

 

Daehyun’s POV

I was walking home after work and could stop thinking about what happened today. I felt the image creeping up in my head again.

“AISH! Now she thinks I’m a ert” I took off my mask and put it in my pocket.  I should apologize to her tomorrow.

I walked inside my house and saw my mother walking down the big staircase. Yes, I live in a mansion sadly. I don’t really like showing people the power I have. My mum is the CEO of a top company and my stepdad is just a well known lawyer. This is kind of the reason why I wear my mask all the time, to hide my identity.

“Ya Daehyun! I came over at Himchan's café and you weren’t there. Where were you?” she said while straining her dress.

“Are you going somewhere?” I asked not answering her question.

She signed “That’s why I was looking for you. To tell you to get ready for the company’s party” she said.

I was about to say something but my stepdad walked towards us from his study room.

“Well we are late so we have to go without you” he said while my mother fixed his tie. I rolled my eyes “I wasn’t even planning on going with you, especially when you are there” I said glaring at him.

“Bwo?”

“Honey” my mum said touching his chest to calm him down. I just scoffed at this. I really don’t like this man; I can tell that he’s hiding his true self to my mother.

“We’ll be going now” my mum dragging my stepdad out of the house with her.

I still don’t understand how she got with that jerk.