Chapter 15

His Girl

 

It was pass 12 and Daehyun was still in bed. He decided to skip work today after Riley’s visit yesterday. Daehyun sighed when he felt his phone vibrate he would have ignored it if he was asleep but as he was awake he might as well.

He took his phone from the night stand and opened the message.

I know this must be sudden but I’m moving to Busan today, I’ll see you guys in a few years. Bye. – Riley

It took a while for Daehyun to process what it just said before he finally jumped out his bed and got dressed as quickly as possible. “That idiot!” Daehyun rushed out his room and told one of the maids to get the car ready.

Daehyun’s step-father came out of the kitchen to see him rushing down the stairs. “Where are you rushing of to all of a sudden?” he asked him. “None of your business” Daehyun answered while putting his shoes on. He looked outside the window and sighed realising that the car wasn’t out yet.

“What is so interesting about her?” his step-father whispered to himself. Daehyun heard him and look over at him with a frown “You did this”

“What are talking about?” he asked him.

“It’s your fault that Riley is getting in a ing plane to Busan. Seriously what’s your aim to all this?!” Daehyun couldn’t hold in his anger anymore. He could tell it was him, it was written all over his face.

“Jung Daehyun!” both boys looked up the stairs to see his mother walking down. “How dare you speak to him like that? Apologize now!”  She walked down the stairs and looked over at Daehyun, waiting for him to apologize.

“Why should I say sorry to someone like him? If I was you I would be suspicious of him sending Riley away.”

“What are you talking about?” she asked, she turned towards her husband “Did you? Why?”

Daehyun looked at his watch and groaned; he decided to talk about this later and ran out the house. Right now he had to get to Riley before she left.

 

 

Riley checked in her bags and looked at her wrist watch. She still had some time before going in so she decided to wander around.

 

Meanwhile with Yongguk he was as well sleeping in his room, or at least trying. The boys were in his living room making loud noises as usual. Yongguk sighed and sat up; he felt his phone vibrate on his bed and picked it up. Before he could open the message Himchan walked in his room.

“Ya! Have you seen this?!” he asked while showing him his phone. Yongguk read the message and frowned. He looked over at his phone and saw the same message that Himchan got from Riley.

“Are you not going to stop her?” Himchan asked.

“Does she even want to see me?” Yongguk asked himself mostly.

“Don’t be an idiot and just go after her!”

“Daehyun is probably there so there’s no point in it.” Yongguk knew that Daehyun would be there, even Himchan knew that but he didn’t want him t give up like that. He wants his friend to at least see her one more time before he leaves.

“Bang Yongguk if you don’t get up right now this means you’re giving up to easily.” With that Himchan walked out his room.

 

 

“Flight to Busan will depart in 15 minutes.”

Just as Riley was ready to leave something or rather someone caught her eyes. She walked towards them to get a better look. “Daehyun?”

Daehyun turned towards her when he heard his name. He rushed to her and gave her a hug. Before she could say anything he spoke first. “I thought you left” he said while tightening his grip around her. “D-Daehyun, wait. Can you let go” she asked while pushing herself off.

Daehyun let Riley go and looked at her. “Are you upset that he didn’t come?” Daehyun asked, revering to Yongguk.

Riley shook her head “kind of expected it really.”

Daehyun shook his head, if it was his last time with her he didn’t want their last conversation to about his friend. “Are you really leaving?” Daehyun asked. Riley answered with a nod.

“So you think that running away would sort this out?”

“I’m not running away Daehyun, I’m just starting fresh. Just try and understand.” Riley tried to reason with him but obviously Daehyun was too stubborn to listen to her. “I don’t want you to leave, and not like this.”

“Like what?”

“I want to know why my stepdad is involved in this and I need you to tell me how you feel” Daehyun knew she liked him as well but he wanted to hear it from her. That’s all he wanted to hear from her one more time.

“You should ask him yourself. All I can tell you is that I knew him…very well actually and things just didn’t turn out the way it did for him. I’m not getting involved with him anymore Daehyun so I think its best that you ask him.” Riley really didn’t want to get involved anymore. After she finds a steady job she would tell him to stop transferring money in her bank and would pay him back every single penny. She hates how she had to use him now but this was the only way she could leave now.

Hearing what she said, Daehyun really wanted to know more about what his stepfather was hiding. He didn’t want his mother to get hurt because of a cruel man. Aside from that Daehyun was still waiting for her to answer the other question.

“Do you like me?” he asked her.

Riley was hoping for him not to ask her that question, “Daehyun…let’s not—“

Daehyun cut her off “I know but just tell me.”

Riley found it really hard to answer him. She wasn’t even sure yet but what she said next helped her out a lot. “Yes, I do”

He wasn’t really expected that from her. He thought that Riley would once again avoid the question or just plainly reject him. But no, instead he got to hear what he wanted and felt heartbroken actually. She was leaving and he couldn’t stop her.

Before Daehyun could say anything the announcer announced that Riley’s plane would be leaving soon.

“We’ll see each other again won’t we?” he asked her.

Riley gave him a sad smile and nodded “I don’t know when but I’m pretty sure we will.” With that Riley turned around and headed for her gate. She told herself not to look back or else she wouldn’t leave. She hoped that Daehyun wouldn’t try and stop her and just let her go. Things were getting complicated and Riley just wanted a clean air without any troubles following her.

As she said she will come back, but the question was when.

Daehyun watched her leave, he was trying so hard to not move and run to her. It was what he wanted and he will support her. Even though it will take a while for him to get used to it he’ll work through it. He even blamed himself for all the things that have happened between her and Yongguk. If he kept his feeling to himself he wouldn’t be seeing her walk away like this.

Daehyun sighed when she disappeared behind those doors and turned out to meet eyes with his friend. Yongguk was there all along but he never brought himself to actually face her. Just like Daehyun he blames himself as well.

“I think you’re a bit late” Daehyun told him.

“No, I was on time I just...I just couldn’t say goodbye to her. As she said, she’ll come back.”

Daehyun’s eyes widened “Wait you heard us?” even thought Daehyun was angry at him before he still couldn’t forget about their friendship. He hoped he didn’t hear Riley when she told him that she did like her.

Yongguk walked closer and shoved his hands in his denim jeans and let out a long sigh. “Don’t worry about it; it is what it is right? I messed up in the beginning anyways.” He said, revering to what happened before.

“Yeah you kind of did.”

“Ya!” Yongguk punched Daehyun's arm and frowned at him. “Thanks for your sympathy. Anyways what are you going to do about your stepdad?” Yongguk asked.

“I don’t even know. I swear he’s hiding something, I just don’t know where to begin” Daehyun sighed.

“We can ask Luna” Yongguk suggested.

 

 

“Why are you guys here?” that was the first thing Luna said when she opened the door to see the two boys outside her house.

“We need to ask you something” Daehyun said before walking inside her house with Yongguk behind him. Luna scoffed at their rude entry “Ya! Who said you guys could come in, huh?! You’re lucky my parents aren’t here. How did you even know I lived here?”

“Himchan!”

Luna rolled her eyes while closing the front door. Trust him to keep things to himself.

She walked in the living room to see them sitting on the couch so she decided to sit on the arm chair. Luna crossed her arms in front of her chest “What is it that you guys want to ask? Hurry up, I’m going out later on” Even though Luna didn’t really have any plans today she just wanted an excuse so they could leave.

Yongguk ignored her rude tone and spoke “Who is Daehyun’s stepdad towards Riley?” he asked. Luna was shocked that the question came out of nowhere but kept her cool and shrugged. “A man who didn’t want his stepson to associate with Riley. Why anyways?”

“Just tell me the truth Luna” Daehyun pleaded. He knew she was lying and he isn’t going to leave until he gets what he wants. Luna rolled her eyes “Why are you guys so suddenly interested? Because Riley left? You had a chance to stop this but you didn’t” Luna was still angry; she blamed them for it all. If Yongguk didn’t ask Riley out she wouldn’t have met Daehyun and then she wouldn’t have met her dad. Things wouldn’t be this way if it wasn’t for them she thought.

“Luna, seriously just tell us”

“He’s he dad okay! What are you guys going to do after find that out anyways? It’s not going to bring her back.” Luna blew up; because she was so angry she told them something she wasn’t supposed to tell. But she couldn’t help it; her anger was just building up.

No one said anything for a second until Daehyun finely asked her what she meant. “What do you mean what do I mean? I said that’s her dad. Your stepdad is Riley’s biological dad. He left her mother and her when she was little. Where he went no one knew, until we saw the news that your mother was marrying him” There was no turning back, Luna had no choice but to tell them all this.

Daehyun suddenly got up “I’ve got to go home”