Chapter 09

You Will Find Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 09

 

 

Tiffany's fingers kept tapping on each other as she patiently wait in the café, nervous was an understatement for how she was feeling but she knew that if she wanted a clean slate, then she must make amends for the relationships she had unintentionally broken.

 

Her eyes kept darting back and forth to the cafe door whenever she would hear it open and her breath would hitch at every painful waiting moment.

 

She took a sip of the water she asked from the waiter minutes ago and was about to go back to her stakeout mode when she noticed a figure already standing next to her table. Her eyes widened and she stood up immediately, "S-Sunny, you came." These were the only words she was able to mumble.

 

Sunny nodded her head, "Hello Tiffany, it's been a while."

 

Tiffany wasn't sure if she was gonna wave or hug so she ended up smiling instead and asking the woman to take a seat, which the latter immediately did. Once settled, the waiter served them their beverages and a few pastries that Tiffany has ordered long before Sunny came.

 

"Watermelon Juice and tarts" Sunny smiled looking at the food on the table.

 

Tiffany nodded her head, "I remember they were your favorites but I'm not sure if they still are."

 

"They still are. Thank you for remembering" Sunny chuckled. "And don't look so nervous, it's just me. I don't bite and Taeyeon has pretty much told me everything."

 

Tiffany gasped, "She did? W-what did she exactly tell you?"

 

"Err-- why she's still with you even though she remembers what happened and the part where you guys took a break from each other." Sunny frowned, "We didn't even know, we were such terrible friends for not noticing you guys going through stuff like that."

 

"No, that was between me and Taeyeon. It was our responsibility to fix it ourselves and we really didn't want to burden anyone about things we brought upon ourselves so there's really nothing to be sorry about" Tiffany explained.

 

"And Tiffany, I'm sorry it was easy for me to jump the gun at calling you the bad guy all this time. I just really thought.. you know, you had a choice back then.. but I'm sorry."

 

Tiffany's eyes were immediately clouded with tears as soon as she heard Sunny apologize, she kept blinking to brush it away and smiled instead, "I understand, if I was you, I would probably feel the same thing. I mean, I know I really was at fault. I'm not denying that. And it hurts me knowing that because I was too naive, I broke the group in two. I tore everyone apart, it wasn't just me and Taeyeon that drifted but everyone else as well and there's not a day that went by that I did not feel sorry or guilty about it and I know I'll always carry that with me but you being here now, makes me feel like I'm given a chance to make things right." She explained, not being able to hold back her tears any longer.

 

"Yuri told me you met up with her and Sooyoung as well. So I'm the last person on Taeyeon's side on your list huh" Sunny tried to joke to lighten up the atmosphere.

 

"You're the scariest that's why I had to call you last, Sooyoung and Yuri are like the appetizers on this." Tiffany laughed. "You have no idea how freaking scared I was when you caught me in Taeyeon's studio, I swear to god I knew I was dead that moment. I don't even know where I got the courage to take action and walk out."

 

Sunny couldn't hold back her laughter remembering the event Tiffany was talking about. "Taeyeon is a lot scarier than I am, when you walked out she followed you and I tried to hold her back but she blew me off. That was the first time I saw her be so serious and I literally had goosebumps whenever I think about it."

 

Tiffany kept mum.

 

"She loves you, you know. Even after all those years, she loves you. She kept dreaming of you and I had to pretend I didn't know what she was talking about but her memories kept coming back in the form of her dreams. She never looked at anyone else nor gave dating a chance, she said she felt like she belonged somewhere else and I instantly know she's talking about you.

 

You're the love of her life, Fany-ah. And I believe she will always love you. And right now you were given the chance to start again, if this isn't fate, then I don't know what is." Sunny put both her hands on her side as a form of surrender.

 

Tiffany smiled, "It is fate."

 

 

⫛⫛⫛

 

Teasing, mumbling, and laughter filled the table for a group of women in the middle of their dessert, almost finishing their dinner party that Taeyeon and Tiffany arranged at a resort just so they could gather all of their friends all together again.

 

Taeyeon couldn't help but capture the moment with her camera, she smiled and looked at the table again where she saw Tiffany looking at her with a smile on her face as well.

 

"Taetae, why are you smiling?" Joohyun tugged on her hand looking up at her.

 

Taeyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter