[ Chapter 8 ] Discharged

Tainted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Nice work Yui, just 6 more months to go and if you stay good like this, they might let you out earlier." 

The guard smiled at her warmly and patted her back as she dragged the last bag of trash. She tossed it into the dumpster and brushed the dirt off her head, wiping her sweat with her sleeve. 

"Yeah, hopefully. Then I can go back and see Mina and Grey." Yui beamed.

The others waved her goodbye as they went to the cafeteria to eat. Ever since Yui had fought with Jun, she had been recognised by the others as the top dog, meaning that she makes the commands. Thankfully for them, she convinced them to do good things and that most of their sentence time has been reduced by half or more. 

"Yui." Ryohei called from the building. "The food is going to disappear if you don't hurry up." 

Yui nodded and jogged inside, washing her hand before making her way to the cafeteria. She picked up her metal tray and scanned at the wide selection of food available. She picked out her favourite food; rice, donkatsu, kimchi and a side of fried dumplings. Yui then walked to the table next to Ryohei and began to eat. Halfway through her meal, an officer approached her with a strict face.

"The head officer wants to speak to you." He spoke coldly and a puzzled look spread across Yui's face.

"Now?" Yui asked and he nodded.

Yui and Ryohei exchanged concerned expressions and she got up, making her way to the office as quickly as possible while wondering what she did wrong. Maybe she took too long to pick up the trash. She pushed opened the door and saw him reading a file with his glasses drooped down to the bottom of his nose. 

"Ah Yui, come in." He beckoned after noticing her presence. "Sit down."

She did what she was told and politely folded her hands into her lap, looking at the table anxiously. 

"If you're worried that you did something, it's not that. Since you have a huge contribu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter