[ Chapter 1 ] Grey

Tainted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"One, two, three!" 

Yui drove the knife into the man's stomach, grinning sadistically as the blood spurted out, covering her face and clothes. The man's muffled scream made a tingle of excitement down her spine and she cackled loudly, her eyes dilating. 

"You really shouldn't have ed with me." She snarled, pulling the knife back and driving it into his stomach again. "People like you are not humans."

Yui never killed for no reason, only people who annoyed her suffered a painful death. A few moments ago, Yui had seen the drunken man stumble in an alleyway, clutching a bottle of alcohol in his left hand. As he staggered across the road, a stray puppy had scampered up to his leg, jumping up on him to beg for food. She gritted her teeth when he kicked the puppy a few meters away, sending the dog crashing into the pile of metal. The man had no remorse as he continued on his journey, leaving the whimpering puppy alone. She immediately rushed to the injured animal and craddled it in her arms, cleaning its fur with her hankerchief and cooed to calm him down. The whimpering finally stopped and the puppy was looking much better, sporting a happy smile on its face. Yui had decided to adopt the puppy and hunt down the man who dared to hurt the innocent animal.

"Are you dead already?" She asked curiously, slapping his face gently and got no response. "Hmp.."

She finally pulled out her trusty knife after the man had stopped flailing about, slumped lifelessly against the now blood-red cement wall. She clicked her tongue and grimaced at the dead body. 

"What a hassle." She cleaned the blood off with his clothes and shoved the knife back into her pocket. "Let's go Grey."

The puppy growled one last time at the dead man and trotted besides Yui, her leg cutely. She giggled and patted his head and jogged to a nearby convenience store to get some food for herself and Grey. She ordered Grey to stay outside while she purchased some food and came out as quickly as possible. Yui was a small smile on her face as she approached the puppy. 

"Arf!" Grey whimpered as a girl accidentally kicked Grey, not seeing him as his dark grey fur blended in the night. "Awo..."

"Oh gosh! I'm so sorry!" She crouched down and caressed the puppy's head, feeling guilty for stepping on his paw. "Are you okay?"

Yui crouched down besides her and picked up Grey, scowling at the girl whos face she couldn't even see. The girl looked at Yui's angry face and frowned in concern. 

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see your puppy." She apologised. "We can take him to a vet nearby here."

"No need." She picked up the groceries in her free hand and stood up, still displaying a menacing expre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter