Chapter One

Stuck in the Moment (Jenlisa)

Lisa's POV

(A week before the BIG news..)

I was softly humming to a Kehlani's song in my room when suddenly, a knock was heard. It was so loud that I could still hear it clearly while using my earphones. I checked my clock and I saw that it was already past 10 in the evening. Whoah, I was so engrossed to the song that I haven't even notice the time. Huh, who could this person be that he/she has the guts to disturb me at this time. 


I opened the door wearing my usual poker face. I really don't have the mood to talk to whatever I mean, whoever this is so, sue me. 


"Ppoong!"


"What the heck?! My God, Jisoo-unnie you startled me!" I exclaimed, dumbfounded by the situation. 

She just laughed awkwardly and proceeded to pat my shoulder. "I was expecting for a bigger reaction though, Lis." I see something's off with her. What happened? 


"Well, sorry not sorry but nah. I'm a big girl, I don't get scared so easily. Anyways, what are you doing here, at this time? And who told you to bombard me late at night?" I huffed. 


"Well, sorry to burst your bubble but I really need someone to talk to. Lisa, you know that I only live in the mansion all alone, right?"


"Yeah, and so?" I said nonchalantly.


"Oh c'mon Lis, I need someone to talk and vent my problems to. I'm only human too, who encounters problems and challenges in life. At times, I really need to talk to someone but who should I talk with when I'm all alone? The maids? The butlers? You know me Lisa. I'm talkative when it comes to my closed friends and relatives, but not to other people." Jisoo, my childhood friend held my shoulders, wearing her cutest face. Ugh I really hate my friends when they do this to me. Thinking that puppy faces are my weakness. 


I let her in without any words and proceeded to the living room. She sat down on the couch and immediately faced me with big eyes. 


"Okay, unnie you're scaring me. What happened?"


"Lisa, I think I'm gonna die. I want to end my life already."


"So...? What?"

 

.
.
.
.
"For the love of dogs! Lisa are you that dense?! Please let me in for the night. My dog, Kai, died a while ago when I was still at work. Elena, my personal maid, called me, told me that Kai was howling in pain and you know what the other problem was? She called me when I was still discussing our company's problems to our investors. She.called.me.and.gave.me.the.freakin.news.while.I'm.busy.talking.to.them. She could've talked to me after the discussion."


"Huh."

 

"I immediately went home after fixing my things and guess what, I found him on his bed, dead. Lisa, I don't know what to do anymore. He's been my friend ever since my parents died during the accident. I think another major part of my life was shattered. Help me Lis, what should I do?" She then hugged me tightly and cried so hard. I immediately felt bad for how I acted a while back. I didn't know that she had this thing going on. 


I hugged her back. "Oh unnie. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that Kai's really that important to you. And I'm sorry I wasn't there a while ago to comfort you immediately. Kai's a great dog and friend. I salute him for being there to cheer you up when I myself couldn't even do it. He really was strong to live that long just for you to be happy. But unnie, life is really like this. We don't know when and how we'll die. But what's important are the memories that we left while we're still leaving. At least for Kai, he made you happy while he's still breathing. And yes, he might have passed away, but he's always here," and I pointed my finger on her heart, "knocking on your heart, asking for a space to take in and I know that you've always had a space for him."

 

"Thank you Lisa, I don't know what to do without you here by my side. Thank you so much."


"No worries unnie, I'm always here for you. And hey, don't you cry anymore. Kai hates it when you do. You want to make him happy right? Then smile now." She then grinned and so, tada. We prepared ourselves and went to sleep. 

The next day.. 

I woke up with my head spinning. Ugh what time is it? I checked my clock. It's already 10 o'clock? I slept for so long. And then I remembered what happened last night. Jisoo-unnie went here after witnessing her dog's death-oh where's she? I checked my bed and found no one. She left already? 


But then a note was placed on my bedside table. 


"Dongsaeng, I went back to the house. I still need to prepare for work. Don't worry, I'm a big girl now. I can handle myself and my situation already. Please take care of yourself. Thank you for accompanying me last night. I really appreciate it. You were always there for me when I needed comfort. Thank you. You really are deabak! 
Ppoong!

Yours truly, 
Sooya"


I smiled as I read her note. She really is a sweet person. 


I then prepared myself and fixed my room before I went to work. Okay, so before anything else I'd like to introduce myself first. My name, as you can see, is Lisa. Well I'm Lalisa Manoban, but I'm more used to be called as Lisa. I am 22 years old. I'm an exclusive photographer, meaning, I only accept offers that are really big. I was born in Thailand, studied in England, and finished my degree in arts and photography. Aside from photo-taking, I'm also good in dancing and sometimes, I tend to do dance lessons for teens. Yes, I'm single. And another yes, I'm gay. I just found it when I was studying in England during middle school. I always find myself staring onto this beautiful classmate of mine. She was sweet and kind. She even smiles at me at times. And then boom, I just found out that I was into girls when my roommate asked me who I want to date when given the chance to pick one of my classmates. I immediately thought of her. And yep, my parents know ablut my situation and they accepted me still. I love them so much---


"Hey watch where you're going!"

~~~~~~~~~~

So, how was it guys? Comment, follow, and pm me on your suggestions regarding this story. Thank you so much! Lots of love xoxo