Chapter Two

Stuck in the Moment (Jenlisa)

"Watch where you're going! "

A woman shouted outside. When I looked at the front, the signal light showed a red one, meaning, it's time for the cars to stop and let the people pass through the lane. 

I guiltily smiled at the woman and mouthed a 'sorry' I was engrossed to telling  you my story that I haven't noticed my surroundings lol. I can continue it later though, if you want *winks*

So, yeah. I proceeded to the company I'm currently working at: Blink Inc. Each of the employees greeted me a good morning and I greeted them back with a smile. Some of them, specially the girls, almost fainted with how I acted. Well, who can blame them? I think I'm just that hot lol kidding. Anyways, I proceeded to my office when suddenly--

"Miss Manoban, Mr. Song is asking for you to go to his office now." Our CEO's secretary, Nancy, asked me. Mr. ilkook Song, the CEO of the company, is also my uncle on my father's side. I'm a half-Thai, half-Korean, if you're asking. He was there for me when I stayed here in Korea and offered me a job as an exclusive photographer for special and important purposes. He was also the one who insisted for me to have an office inside his company. He's a great guy, right? And he's loved by his wife and three kids, triplets to be exact. And they are really cute to mingle with. 

I went inside his office and was shocked to see his face so bright. "Uncle! What's up?" I hugged him and sat in front of his desk. 

"My favorite niece, how are you? I haven't seen you for a while. It seems like you get more beautiful everytime I see you." He smiled at me. 

"Aww uncle, you're too nice. I'm still the same Lisa whom you kept 3 years ago. Haha, nothing changed uncle."

"Well look at you, being humble and all. Oh yeah, speaking of, one of our new investors saw your profile when they were checking our company's background. And guess what, they offered us a big deal. They want you to be their company's photographer for 6 months. In exchange, they would partner up with us! Isn't that great?" 

"Yeah, uncle. It is."

"So what, are you in?"

"Sure uncle, count me in!"

He then hugged me and I proceeded to work for the rest of the day. 

I was on my way home when someone knocked on my car window.

"Oh, unnie!" I let Jisoo in. She was breathing heavily. 

"Yah Nalalisa! I was calling you but you didn't even hear me!"

"Oh, sorry Jisoo, I was playing some music so.. Hehe, peace?"

"It's okay. Well, are you busy tonight? Or you're just on your way home?" I answered the latter. 

"Well, I've decided to make us some dinner to just, you know, celebrate in spite of what happened yesterday. You can bring Bam with us too, if he likes." Aww, she's really trying her best to be strong for her dog. 

I nodded and called for our guy friend. 

"Hello? Who's this?" a girl answered. Whoah Bam, already? At this time? 

"Oh hello, this is Lisa, BamBam's friend. I just want to ask if he's there with you?" I'm trying my best not to laugh on my sit. BamBam you naughty son of a--

"Honey? Someone named Lisa wants to talk to you." I heard some shuffling noise on the background and the phone was transferred to another person. 

"Yah Lisa! What are you doing, disturbing us this time?"

"Bro, would you just chill for a moment. Jisoo-unnie's here with me today and we're on our way to her house. She's inviting us for some dinner. Would you like to come?"

"Oh, sure sure. Be there in 40."

"Okay then." I hung up and we proceeded to Jisoo's house. When we went inside the mansion, we were greeted by her maids and butlers. 

"Wow unnie, you still won't renovate your house? It's so big! Even ny whole clan can fit here." She lives alone in this kind of house? 

"Yah, my parents built this for us. I don't want to erase the memories we've made here." Sadness then filled her eyes. Oh my, I didn't mean to make her sad! 

"Oh I'm sorry unnie. I just haven't been here for a long time so I didn't really remember it's size. Come on, smile for me will you? Oh and you know what? Why don't we start making the food?" She laughed and we proceeded to her kitchen area. 

Jisoo's parents died 4 years ago. They were on their way home from London to celebrate Christmas with their only daughter, Jisoo-unnie herself, when a truck hit them. Investigations were held and it was found out that the driver of the truck was drunk and so, he was imprisoned after the trial. Jisoo-unnie was already 19 years old at that time, so she wasn't oblivious to the situation. At the age of 19, she was forced to continue their family business. 

She was my childhood friend. We became close when we were young because our houses were next to each other. Well, we were close until that day when I had to go abroad to study. We bid our goodbyes and promised that we'll look for each other when we grow up. 

I met her once again, three years ago when I stayed here after studying in England. She was walking her dog when suddenly, I accidentally bumped her. I was looking for my designated residence to stay in. We then became friends and, here we are today. 

Not too long after the preparation, BamBam proceeded to the kitchen to help us cook. BamBam is a friend of mine who I met in England during middle school. We shared the same interests and he was also half-Thai and half-Korean, just like me so we clicked as soon as we met. After studying, he went with me here in Korea because he was also offered a job as a photographer. 

We then spent the night laughing and hanging out. Oh what a time to spend with your friends whom you love so dearly. 

~~~~~~~~~
Ta-da! End of Chapter two. Did you guys like it? I hope you did :)