Stupid Feeling Again (이 주문이 뭐야...)

Begin Again

 

Sunggyu blinks, staring at the boy underneath him. He cannot help but observe the dark orbs, the long eyelashes, the sharp pointy nose, to those plump lip. All the feature on Nam Woohyun’s face simply captivates his attention that he does not realize their position until the former pushes him off.

 “Yah! Get off” the guy yells as he pushed Sunggyu off him and sitting up himself.

“Stop touching me!” Woohyun snapped at Sunggyu who still looks confused at the situation.

“I did not mean to” Sunggu managed some words out.  

Woohyun gazes at the other’s face. Though he wants to get annoyed at the guy, his heart is still beating faster from seeing the guy so close. Those small eyes and thin lips get him as always. He tries to shakes off the feeling.

 

I’m going crazy for real.

 

He grabs his bag quickly from the wet floor and runs out in the rain.

“Woo-“ Sunggyu called out as he got up, intending to chase after the guy. But as he moves his leg, he feels the sharp pain in his right ankle that makes him gasps in pain.

 

Must have twisted when I fell. He thought, looking at his foot.

 

Sunggyu looks up and Woohyun is already out of sight.

 

Damn it!

 

-----

 

“I will go and take the balm for your ankle,” Myungsoo said as he helps Sunggyu gets on his bed.

Sunggyu hisses in pain as he settles on the bed. “Thank Myungsoo ah”

“No worry, hyung. But be more be careful next time. If we do not happen to be in school, you will probably have to crawl home” Myungsoo joked with a small laugh which resulting in a glare from his hyung. He stops laughing and turns into a grin before leaving the room.

Sunggyu shakes his head at his teasing brother before looking down at his ankle. He takes a heavy breath, remembering the situation.

He then reaches for his bag near the bedside and s it to take his phone out. He wants to know if Woohyun gets home yet. His thumb hovers above the person’s contact for a moment before typing the message on his phone.

Have you got home yet?

Message Sent.

 

Sunggyu bits his lip in nervous, waiting for the response.

After a moment, Myungsoo gets back in the room and applies the balm on his ankle. Weirdly, he doesn’t feel any pain as his eyes keep fixed on his phone, hoping the screen will be beeped with a message.

When nothing comes even after Myungsoo’s telling him good night and rest well, he takes another heavy breath and shuts his eyes.  

 

What do I expect?

 

---

 

Woohyun peers at his phone screen with intensity. The guy just walked out from a hot shower after being soaked by the rain. He heard his phone vibrated while drying his hair with a small towel.

The displayed message on the screen makes his body goes tense.

Kim Sunggyu.

He now looking at the message with a hesitation whether to reply the text. His heart wants to reply the text, telling the guy that he’s home but his brain rejects the idea instantly.

It’s Kim Sunggyu, come on.

I know it’s Kim Sunggyu… It’s Kim Sunggyu, that’s why your heart beats faster…

What the , Woohyun! That’s so stupid of you to think like that!

Ahh !

 

Woohyun grabs his hair in frustration as his inner voice debates each other about the older guy.

He throws his phone on the bed.

 

What am I feeling? Why do I start to have this stupid feeling again?

 

He jumps on the bed and pulls the duvet up until his head, trying to stop his thoughts.

 

But didn’t they say first love is the hardest to forget?

 

After all, the most beautiful thing to him was Sunggyu’s smile.

 

I don’t think I had ever felt happier than when he accepted my confession with those eye smiles.

 

Woohyun feels a creep of pain in his left chest as the memories flow back to him again.

 

Those ugly facts.

 

He let out a big breath and closes his eyes. I was too in love…

Just like that, he falls asleep with Sunggyu in his mind.

A text on his phone saying “I’m home” is never sent.

 

---

 

The next morning, Woohyun feels like a zombie when he wakes up. He does not feel any energy at all. His mind is running wild with all of the dream he had with a certain person in it, though, he blurrily remembers every detail.

He looks at the clock beside his bed. The red digits show 7:30.

Too early for a Sunday morning…

With the thought, he closes his eyes for extra sleep.

The second time he wakes up is because of the vibration on the bed. With one eye close, he fishes around for the phone on the bed. On the third ring, he gets the phone and uses his one barely-opened eye to see whose calling.

He frowns a bit as it was an unfamiliar number but still pick it up anyway.

“Hello?” he answered with a muzzy voice.

 “Hey! Woohyun, This is Hyunjun from Infinite café”

“Ah, Yes?” his body straighten as he heard who it is.

“Are you free this evening?” the person continued.

“Yes, I am”

“I am sorry to ask you this but can come and help us in the evening? One of the staff is sick immediately. I know you are starting tomorrow but we really need people urgently as weekend is filled with people. I will count it as your working day, you can skip tomorrow if you want to”

“Yes, Sir. No worry. So when should I get there?”

“3PM please”

“I’ll there by the time then”

“See you. Woohyun.”

“Yes, See you”

It won’t hurt to be helpful as I’ve got nothing to do anyway. Woohyun thought after hanging up the phone.

He looks at the clock on the phone screen which flashes 11:30 PM

He’s got a few hours before he has to go to the café.

 

Guess cooking and some cleaning around the house would do.

 

So Woohyun spent the remaining time cooking his favorite Tofu Kimchi soup and eat it while watching his favorite singing show. Then, he put some clothes for laundry and unpacking the remaining stuffs that he hasn’t done it.

He hums to a song while organizing the box full of his books. The last book in the bottom of the box halts his hand.

To My Woohyunnie with a heart sign attached after it.

He doesn’t know why he still haven’t thrown the book away yet. With a sigh, he puts the book on the table and grabs the towel for the shower.

 

-----

 

Woohyun is crouching down to tie his shoe when his mom comes out of her room and asks him where he is going.

“For work, I’ll will be back around 9”

“What work?” his mom asks in a curious face.

“Just part time. At a café near school.” He answered with a bright smile on his face.

“Don’t overwork yourself.” His mom pats his head with affection in her eyes.

“I’ll be okay, mom” he replies before opening his arm to hug his mom when he let go, he lean down to give her a small kiss on the cheek which brings big grin to his mom’s face.

“I’m going now then.” He said while preparing to leave. 

“Yes, be safe”

 

---

 

Woohyun arrived at the café at 15 minutes to 3PM.

From the window of the café, he already can tell how crowded it is. When he steps in, he immediately spots the queue in front of the counter.

The person behind the counter notices him so he walks out toward him.

“Ah, Woohyun. You’re early.” The person said.

“Hello, sir” he bows showing respect to the man.

“Drop the formal. Just call me hyung.” The café owner said with a small laugh

“ahh, okay hyung” Woohyun replied while rubbing his neck in a shy manner.

“So are you ready to work?”

“With pleasure, hyung,” He said and flashed a big smile.

 

---

 

So Woohyun puts the apron on the stand there to accept orders from customers since he doesn’t get to be trained on making coffee yet.

With his natural friendly characteristic, Woohyun gives a warming smile to every customers. Everyone seems happy to wait in line especially girls as they get extra time to observe the charming staff. A lot of girls blush and even squeal when he flashes smiles at them.

“So handsome”

“I have never seen you before”

"So cute"

"Can I have your number?" 

Woohyun hears those words very often after two hours of serving the customers. He just smiles and replies that he’s new and starting today; not ready to give his phone number out yet. 

The fact is he doesn't break those girls' heart when he only goes for guys. 

 

The queue is getting shorter as the sky outside is getting darker.

As expected, the rain starts pouring again. Woohyun whirls his head to look at the scene outside.

The wind shakes the trees forcefully and those droplets against the window.

 “One hot Americano, please” a voice called out, snapping Woohyun back to his duty.

He is about to smile as usual but his lips drop as he recognizes the person.

 

Does fate really want to play with me?

 

There standing Kim Sunggyu in a brown strip jacket, looking down at the phone in his hand.

Woohyun clears his throat and said

“Yes. It will be 5,000 won, please”

The guy shoots his head up with a widen eye as he hears the familiar voice.

“Woohyun ah”

“You can wait for your drink over there, sir” The said guy calmly replied, trying to make everything looks normal as possible.

Sunggyu stands there, stunt for a moment until the guy behind him tapes his shoulder to signal him to be faster with the order.

He bows lightly, apologizing to the guy before walking to the receiving drink counter, eyes still fix on the dark hair boy at the counter.

He takes the Americano in his hand and walks over to the empty seat in the corner.

He just sits there looking at Woohyun serving customer one by one.

And just like there, he sits until almost all the customer left the café.

 

10 minutes to 9 PM, the couple siting near him left the shop, leaving him as the only customer in it.

He sees Woohyun at the counter, wiping the counter as they are cleaning up.

“The shop will be closed in 5 mins, sir.” A girl approached him and informed him politely.

“When will the working hours end?” Sunggyu blurted out the question. 

“Yes?” The girl asked, confused of why a customer wanting to know the working hours. However, as she follows the Sunggyu’s gaze, she picks up quickly why the guy want to know.

“It will normally takes us around 20-30 minutes to clean up everything” She answered while giving Sunggyu’s a knowing smile.

Sunggyu thanks the girl with a light smile and walks out of the shop.

 

Just as Sunggyu exits the café, Woohyun internally breathes a sigh of relief because he doesn't want to deal with the guy. 

“You know the guy?” the girl asked him as she is walking back to the counter.

“Umm no, I don’t”

“It seems like he knows you though”

“I don’t know” he awkwardly replied, not wanting to carry on the conversation.

His co-worker gets it so she drops the topics and goes back to her own work.

After around 20 minutes, everything seems to be clean up and the staff starts to leave one by one. Woohyun stays to help until the Noona in the shop tell him to go home and that she can take care of everything and lock up the place.

He bids her goodbye as he exits the shop. The cold wind hits him and make him shiver. Though, the sky is not pouring anymore but the weather gets really chill afterward. He rubs his palm together for some heat before putting them in the jacker’s pocket. Just as he about to takes the steps, he spots the familiar face stepping out of his car.

He sighs. Will he ever leave me alone?

“How long are you going to keep this up?” Woohyun said through his grind teeth when the guy arrives in front of him.

“Stop following me” he added as the guy stands in silent.

Please stop, Because My heart is beating faster when I see you now…

 “Until you forgive me” Sunggyu softly said.

“Then what?” Woohyun snapped at him.

“Get back together?!”

 

Silent

 

“You think it’s that easy? You think the wound you left me last time heal so easy?” Woohyun continued to snarl at him. 

 

“Woohyun, please… I’m really sorry” Sunggyu responded, looking guilty.

“I-

 

“Woohyun Ah!” a voice called out for him from the street.

Both of them turns to look at the owner of the voice and sees Junsu sticking his head out from his car’s rolled window.

 

That bastard again… Sunggyu curses in his mind.

 

“Don’t go” he whispers, loud enough for Woohyun to hear.

“None of your business” Woohyun mumbles back before walking over to the car.

 

He doesn’t care if he has to leave with Junsu but he just needs an escape right now. The conversation is going nowhere and it only brings the ugly memories and the pain back to him.  

 

He smiles at Junsu, feeling somewhat thankful that the guy shows up now.

However, in his mind, there is a strange urge to turn his head back and checks on Sunggyu.

 

This is bad.

 

“Hey Junsu, glad you are here. Can you take me home?” Woohyun asked, almost sound desperate. 

“Of course, for sure. Just get in!” Junsu immediately agrees. 

"Thank you" Woohyun said and walks around the car to the passenger seat.

Junsu doesn't miss the opportunity to send a victory smirk to the guy's standing in front of the cafe and looking pissed at them. 

 

“Kim Sunggyu does not leave you alone?” Junsu asked after Woohyun settled down in the seat.

“Nope” Woohyun replied, trying his best not to look over to the guy.

“Such a clingy guy, isn’t he?” the driver added before looking over to the person and drives off.

“I don’t know. He is becoming my shadow now”

“Do you want to get rid of him? I have a plan.”

“What plan?”

----

From afar, Sunggyu stands there until his knuckle turns white. How badly he wants to punch that smirk the driver gives him before driving off.

 

 

-------

 

 

I did not edit the chapter that much so please excuse the mistakes. Its original longer than this but I decide to break them into two parts because it's too long hahaha I'm afraid you guys would fine it's too boring to read (although lots of you said you like long chapter haha, 4000+ words would be too much)

I do random stuff everywhere, like Woohyun with his mom XD and sorry if the story develops too slow for your liking XD Random scene pops up in my head so can't help it. 

Be back soon with the next chapter ;) 

-A