That Bastard Again (또 그 새끼...)

Begin Again

The next morning when Woohyun opens his eyes, he feels far from okay to go to school. Nonetheless, he still drags himself off his cozy bed to dress up and prepare for school.

It’s just his fourth day of school so he cannot afford to skip school in his first week.

While adjusting his shirt collar in front of the mirror, he remembers yesterday event. He pats his dark bang hair to the side before letting out a heavy sigh.

 

It’s just my first week and things are messing up already.

 

Glaring at his schedule, Woohyun feels distaste as he sees biology class is on today. It would be to see Kim Sunggyu again so quick after what happens yesterday. He thinks of skipping the class as it’s the last session. It may be okay as he already showed up at the class once.

He snatches the schedule off the table and drops it in his bag before swinging it over his back and leaves for school. 

Woohyun clutches a bit onto the front strip while walking into the campus as his eyes wander left and right trying to catch a familiar sight, in case if Sunggyu appears in one direction, he will take the different direction.

Luckily, he arrives at his first class without bumping into the guy. He breathes a sigh of relief before looking around to find an empty seat in the class. He still keeps a smile on his face despite his mood, wanting to be friendly and has less trouble in his new school life.

 

Kim Sunggyu is already enough trouble for him.

 

 “Omo... I can’t believe we share class” The girl behind him whispers lowly to her friends. Though it is loud enough for Woohyun to catch, he chooses to ignore it.

“Is it the new guy you are talking about? He’s really handsome” another girl said, almost squealing.

"He's cute too" another one joined in. 

 “Well… he is. But everyone said he’s with Junsu”. Woohyun’s ears perk up as the girl mentions Junsu name in an intimidating way.

The girls gasp. “Omo! Really?”

Woohyun is about to turn around and ask the girls but the teacher walks in and beings the class.

What’s with Junsu?

 

Woohyun feels the chill in his back as he remembers the stares on the first day and the place they have been to yesterday night.

He sighs, trying to push the thought away. He just feels overwhelming with what happens in the first week. He turns his attention to the board hoping to have the distracting from his thought.

I hope the day will be gone by soon.

 

----

 

However, it’s like nothing is going in Woohyun’s way. The class takes forever to finish. He keeps looking at his wristwatch now and then and every second feels like hours.

 

Ringgggg

 

The bell finally went off in his favor. He puffs a breath in relief but then groan a little when he realizes he has another class to go.

Walking into his next class, Woohyun immediately spots a familiar brown hair which makes him curse under the breath.

“Hey, Woohyun!” Dongwoo called out to him to which the latter return in a small smile.

Woohyun stands there in hesitation, thinking whether to take the empty seat next to Dongwoo or the different seat on the other side to avoid the guy. A part of him does not want to be rude after what Dongwoo helped him last night but he also worries that the guy will ask about last night. He’s not ready to spill anything to Dongwoo yet especially when he knows he is close to Sunggyu.

Probably from Woohyun’s confused face, Dongwoo pats the empty table beside him gesturing that he can sit here.

Woohyun internally sighs before walking to the seat after all he does not want to be disrespectful.

“So you are in this class too!” Dongwoo said to him while he is sitting down.

“Yeah… Is it boring?”

The brown hair guy shrugs in response. “You know… it’s okay to me”

“I’m not having a good week”

Dongwoo chuckles at the statement. “Come on. Don’t be so halfhearted on your first week”

“Not that I want but the classes have been boring.” Woohyun said with a blank expression.

“Try to make it fun lah” The guy said while laughing again.

Woohyun snorts at the sentence but does not add anything more. The conversation ends there as Dongwoo turns to talk to other guys in the class. 

He is so thankful that Dongwoo does not ask any question about last night and makes him feel comfortable with the closeness feeling he’s giving out.

Halftime into the class, Woohyun cannot keep his attention still on the lesson but the wall clock.

At that instant, he feels a nudge at his arm. He turns to see the boy beside him secretly hands him a small paper. Woohyun is a bit confused at first, looking back and forth between the note and Dongwoo’s face but quickly take it as he does not want the teacher to catch them.

Wanna go for lunch together?

Woohyun read the sentence scribbled on a note that is being passed to him. The boy bits his lip. He would pretty much want to go with the guy but reflecting the fact that he saw Dongwoo was with Sunggyu the other day, he figures he will meet Sunggyu if he goes with Dongwoo.

He flips the note and quickly writes on the back of it before passing it back to the owner of it.

Sorry. I have an errand to run. Let’s eat together later.

The guy mouths an o-shape and nods understandingly. He gives Woohyun a wink as an assurance that it’s okay.

Woohyun smiles in response.

 

---

 

Lunchtime.

 

Junsu is walking with his friend when he spots a familiar black hair boy standing alone with a lunch box in his hand looking lost.

“You guys go on, I’ll have some business to take care of” he said shrugging his friend’s hand off his shoulder.

“What the heck man?” his friend questioned in surprise. Because Junsu does not care to take his glare off the person in the direction, his friends follow his eye and catch the person too.

“ahh I see. Your new toy?”

Junsu smirks at the name. His friends get the hint and continue their way to the cafeteria.

 

-----

 

With a lunch box in hand, Woohyun is awkwardly trying to find a place to eat in the campus. Although it’s big, it does not have much “proper” shade that allows him to have lunch at.

 “Woohyun”

Woohyun heard his name being called and sees the familiar person’s walking his way.

 

Okay. Kim Junsu again.

 

“Hey” Woohyun responses apathetically. He honestly does not know what to feel about the guy.

“I just want to say sorry about last night” Junsu said, rubbing his neck lightly as if he is guilty of something.

“I should have asked if you want to go there”

“Oh no, it’s okay.” Well, It’s not… but who is he to blame when he agrees to go and did not ask in the first place.

“Really? Did you get home well last night?” Junsu asked, looking quite concern.

“Yeah. Met a friend along the way” Woohyun answered with a small smile.

“I see. And what are you doing here? Not going to eat?”

“ahh I’m finding a proper place beside the cafeteria. It feels a little stuffy in there” Woohyun explained, hiding the fact that he just does not want to see a certain guy. 

“Well I know a place, it’s a quiet one. Follow me”

He debates whether to go or not since he feels like he should not be hanging around Junsu. However, when the guy turns back to him with a smile and gestures him to follow, he cannot help but follow through.

Sometimes, Woohyun wants to hate himself for being nice.

 

---

 

Pushing the door open, Woohyun arrives at the space where he can see the sky outlines the shape of school and the sight of campus below him.

It’s the rooftop of their building. The black hair boy absorbs the fresh air that helps clear his mind off the thought little bit.

“This is actually nice” Woohyun exclaimed as he settles next to Junsu who is already laying on the floor now.

“Well yeah. I always come up here when I want to escape people or class. Teachers never find us here.”

Woohyun nods in return. “You want some?” Woohyun asked while opening his lunch box.

“No, Thank. I’m not hungry” Junsu declined but his stomach growls, betraying his words.

His friend giggles a bit before offers again.

“We can share, you know”

“Well if you insist” Junsu said while getting up from his position. “Plus your food looks good too”

 

----

 

They finished the lunch in a brief.

“Ahh~ So good. You can a chief or something” Junsu praised the guy while rubbing his stomach.

“My mom doesn’t stay home a lot so I learnt. It’s not nothing much” Woohyun humbly said while putting the lunch box back together.

“I wish I had that”

After finish putting up their lunch box, Woohyun looks at his wristwatch and clicks his tongue.

 

Next class. The biology one.

 

“Are you are not going to go to the next class?” The guy on the floor blurts out the question after seeing his distasted face.

“Yeah, I don’t want to go to this one” Woohyun said with a trouble face.

“Why?”

“Just… Personal issue”

“Kim Sunggyu?”

Woohyun’s eye bolts out as he looks at the guy in surprise. Why does the guy know the reason?

Noticing his reaction, Junsu speaks up. “Met him last night at the club. He kinda launch at me for bringing you there. So I guess you guys have a history”

 “Well… It’s just…” Woohyun drawled while shrugging.

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, you know”

“Nah… Just we used to date and he’s being a jerk and ditched me”

“That’s why you eagerly agreed yesterday when I said he’s a jerk” Junsu giggled as he finished the sentence.

Woohyun chuckled along “yeah, didn’t tell you yesterday because I want to pretend that I don’t know him. Don't want all those dramas.”

“Don't stress yourself much. Just ignore him. You have me” Junsu said and hugs Woohyun’s shoulder and give an encouraging smile.

At this moment, Woohyun smiles back and erases his thought that this boy is a bad one.

 

-----

 

Sunggyu is sitting in the class trying to focus on the lesson in front of him to no avail. The class is missing a person; the person that he really cares about. He hasn’t seen the guy at all today. He was looking for him during lunch as Dongwoo told him they had got class together but he could not spot the black hair boy anywhere. He was hoping to see the guy in the class they share together but Woohyun does not appear at all.

The class is the longest one Sunggyu ever feel having. He does not know it is because it is boring or he is waiting for the belt to ring so he can run out to look the source that is making his mind restless. So when the bell rings, Sunggyu wastes no time to rush out of the room; not even bowing to the teacher as he always does. He hopes to at least catch the guy by the gate or something.

 

---

 

Sunggyu is standing at the gate, staring at a contact on his phone screen. He hesitates to whether he should call the person or not. A part of him wants to know where Woohyun is while another one does not afraid that the latter will reject him again.

He ends up putting his phone back into the pocket, feeling frustrated about himself.

That moment, he spots two guys are walking in his direction with laughs, seeming to have a good conversation to which Sunggyu finds it irritating.

 

Again.

They are together again.

 

His heart feels an awful familiar throb.

Woohyun stalls in his steps when he sees Sunggyu’s standing in front of the gate. His face goes from wide smile to displease one. This guy is chasing him like a nightmare. 

 

Well… he’s literally a nightmare.

 

Before Woohyun can say anything, Sunggyu approaches them at a great speed and throw a fist at the guy beside him, causing the person to fall to the ground.

“I told you to ing stay away from him” Sunggyu growls at the guy. Woohyun is shocked at the sight to react to anything.

Junsu tastes bleed on his lips then runs his thumb over the spot before looking at the small sight of bleed on it.

 

Sunggyu sure can throw a punch.

 

Sunggyu pulls the guy’s collar, bringing their face close and stares into his eyes in enrage to which the other guy is unfazed with and return the similar stare.

“Don’t you ing understand?” Sunggyu hissed at the guy in front of his face. 

“Yah! What are you doing!” Woohyun, who recovers from his shock status, realized the situation and forcefully yanks Sunggyu off Junsu.

The said guy immediately changes his expression to a hurt one and groans.

“What the is wrong with you, Kim Sunggyu” Woohyun yelled while getting down to check on the guy on the ground.

“You shouldn’t be hanging out with him. Didn’t he bring you to trouble place last night?” Sunggyu insisted.

“You don’t have to worry about my business” Woohyun snapped at him.

“You hear him” Junsu added, lip threaten to form smirk now but he is trying to hold it in.

The guy is obviously feeling triumph over Sunggyu’s frustrated face.

Sunggyu clutches his fist at the situation. How he wishes he could give the guy another punch.  

“Let’s go, Junsu” Woohyun said as he’s helping Junsu off the ground.

Sunggyu looks at them leaving and does not miss the smirk when Junsu tiles his head little to look back at him.

 

That bastard.

 

 

 

-----------

 

 

 

 

It's a rush one. I don't have that much time to edit. Apologize for any mistakes. I hope you will enjoy it ^^