ONE

The Little King of Neverland - Chanbaek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol woke up in a dream-like scenario. Slowly opening his eyelids and adjusting to the view of the perfectly blue sky. Last he remembered, he was lying on his bed, waiting for darkness and tranquility to take over him. He sat up. He realized he was lying on a pile of large tropical leaves. The whole situation was peculiar. Unbeknownst to him, he was dead. Making sure he was still himself, he brought his hand to his face, wriggling his fingers. His large palm was certainly his. He stood, his lanky legs shaking as he brought himself up. Although he would never admit it to himself, he was scared. Slightly shivering, Chanyeol paces as he takes in his surroundings. It seems as if he were on an island...but, how? 

 

B a c k s t o r y 

Chanyeol was your typical struggling artist, getting very few commissions, it seemed as if his life-long dream of being a famously known artist was just that, a dream. Greatly in debt, the stress on Chanyeols being was unbearable. Unfortunately for him, he was born into an inconsiderate family, unsupportive of his passion in painting. After having cut ties with Chanyeol, his family moved on to live a happy life without him. Of course, the impact this had on chanyeol was agonizing. Gradually slipping into depression, all Chanyeol had in his life was his work. Having to live with the feeling of rejection, not only from his family, but from the public also, Chanyeol decided it wasn't worth it to continue living. Every patron he showed his work to shot him down, claiming there was no "emotion" behind his art. And maybe they were right, After the pain Chanyeol has gone through, he considers himself to be very tasteless, bitter, and empty. Over time, Chanyeol lost faith in himself and his talents. This ultimately led to the suicide of Park Chanyeol. 

 

As memories of Chanyeols last moments waiting for the pills to take effect flood in, he feels himself getting teary-eyed. Could this be heaven? It definitely is not anything like he had imagined. Sitting on the soft warm sand, he closes his eyes as the sunlight hits his skin. He begins to feel at ease. His moment of relaxation is cut short when he feels the presence of another person plop down on the sand next to him. He quickly turns his head to face the boy next to him, who is gazing out into the ocean, not minding any attention to Chanyeol. 

 

Eventually the boy breaks the silence.

 

"It's nice here isn't it?" he speaks softly, calmness waving through Chanyeol's body. 

Chanyeol doesn't respond. 

"I wish it were always like this" the boy whispers out, barely audible, catching Chanyeol's attention.

Finally Chanyeol decided to speak up.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

The boy finally turns to face Chanyeol,

"They'll tell you that you'll be happy here, but that's not true," he pauses, "I sincerely believe this place is our punishment," he chokes out. 

 

Okay, maybe not heaven Chanyeol thinks to himself, slightly concerned.

"Who are you?" Chanyeol asks, trying to be polite.

"Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo" the boy smiles at him, his eyes dull as he flashes Chanyeol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter