Yellowcard - October Nights

Leesun's JeTi Drabbles Collection

 

Am I an insomniac?

 

Tiffany asked herself for the nth time.

 

It all started when Jessica spontaneously decided to sleep on Tiffany’s bed. Apparently, Sooyoung’s midnight snack habits irked the brunette to no end – the loud crunching and the constant annoying ruffling of potato chip wrappers.

 

 

“Can I sleep in your room? …pretty please with a strawberry on top?”

 

 

Of course, Tiffany couldn’t say no. How would you say no to Jessica’s gorgeous pouty lips and mesmerizing round eyes?

 

It just isn’t possible. You’d be heartless if you did.

 

And so every night, Jessica would slip into Tiffany’s bed, clinging on to the younger girl as if her life depended on it.

 

It was okay the first few nights, really. Tiffany loved the warmth Jessica’s body emitted, the security her arms provided, and the girl’s gentle snores lulling her to sleep like a soft serenade.

 

Tiffany slept like a baby every night since then.

 

…until that first October night.

 

Tiffany woke up to Jessica’s warm breath on her lips.

 

Her eyes opened wide and she felt her face instantly heat up, the blood rushing up to her face like a tidal wave crashing against the shore.

 

Jessica’s face was so close to hers, their noses almost brushing against the other.

 

But it wasn’t just that. It was the words that rolled out from Jessica’s pink lips.

 

“I love you, Tiffany…”

 

That one statement literally made Tiffany’s breath hitch, the butterflies in her stomach fluttering wildly.

 

But Jessica was asleep; a smile adorning her peaceful face as she unconsciously pulled the other girl closer.

 

Tiffany’s body froze at the proximity and the ‘confession’… but inside, her heart thumped like crazy.

 

Was she dreaming? …of me?

 

Tiffany found herself smiling at the thought and she stared at Jessica’s calm smile, her heart beating in a constantly fast pace.

 

 

From that moment on, Tiffany found it hard to sleep.

 

For hours, she’d watch as Jessica sleeps, her heart flipping and beating irregularly every time Jessica would smile or wrap her arms tighter around her waist… more so, when Jessica would whisper her name.

 

Oh how she loved these moments. She loved watching Jessica in her comfort zone. She loved watching her dream.

 

 

If only I could make the sun hide a little longer, I would… just so I could watch you dream some more.

 

 

“I love you, Tiffany…”

 

Tiffany almost squealed in joy.

 

“Finally,” she whispered.

 

Tiffany mentally spazzed as she finally heard the words for the second time. That’s when she realized how long she’s been yearning to hear them ever since the beginning of her so-called insomnia.

 

She felt the brunette’s lips on her neck and her heart fluttered at the subtle kiss. She finally closed her eyes in content.

 

 

“Now, go to sleep, would you?”

 

Eyes opening wide, Tiffany found Jessica’s eyes staring into her own. “J-Jessi!!”

 

“Be quiet, mushroom.”

 

“B-But –”

 

Jessica smiled. “I was awake that night, okay… But you didn’t say anything, so I kept mum.”

 

Tiffany blushed. “Oh… that explains the lack of snoring…” she murmured.

 

“I don’t snore!!”

 

Tiffany just giggled.

 

 

 

“So… this is why you never sleep a wink every night…? You keep on staring at my gorgeous face?” Jessica smirked. “It’s creepy, if you ask me.”

 

Tiffany blushed yet again. “It’s because you’re so damn distracting!! A-And you were dreaming of me quite a few times, too, you know!! You say my name!”

 

Jessica smiled and gave her a soft peck on the lips, making the younger girl blush even more. “I know that,” she whispered back. “I always dream of you, silly.”

 

The girl replied with a shy smile, “I love you, Jessi…”

 

“I love you, too. …Now, sleep!”

 

“Yes, ma’am.”

 

“Good.”

 

 

 

“Jessi…?”

 

“What now, Fany-ah?”

 

“W-Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

“Hm. Ask me again tomorrow. I don’t want a zombie for a girlfriend.”

 

“Ok…”

 

 

 

“But you’ll say yes tomorrow, right?”

 

“Sleep, Tiff. Please.”

 

“Ok…”

 

 

“Jess–”

 

“SLEEP!”

 

“Ok, ok!”

 

...

 

“Goodnight, Tiffany…”

 

And for the first time in a warm October night, Tiffany fell asleep, soundlessly and comfortably while dreaming of the girl in her arms.

 

 

 

Was Tiffany an insomniac?

 

No. Not when you have a sleepyhead for a girlfriend.