1.6

want u with me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

may 29th 2017, 1:18 pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

━━━━

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    THE DAY IS surprisingly bright, despite the anxious mood jongin has been in. he rests his head on the car window, watching the trees and road and cars pass by. the cemetery is far, outside of the big city and loudness and in the tiny town he and baekhyun grew up in — with chanyeol too. it's only an hour and a half drive, but it's long enough. 

 

 

 

 

    "hey." baekhyun says amidst the silence, squeezing jongin's hand. jongin glances at him hesitantly. "you're going to be okay."

 

 

 

 

    jongin manages a small smile. "i know. i'm just...tired."

 

 

 

 

    "yeah?"

 

 

 

 

    "i was up late with soo."

 

 

 

 

    baekhyun hums, directing his attention back to the road. "did you talk to him?"

 

 

 

 

    jongin nods. "yeah. i, uh, i told him everything. he's the first i've ever told that much to."

 

 

 

 

    a smile graces the corners of baekhyun's lips. "that's good. did he tell you you should come today?"

 

 

 

 

    "kinda, i told him i was thinking about it and he said 'you better.' so i did."

 

 

 

 

    baekhyun simply chuckles a bit and relaxes his hands at the bottom of the steering wheel. "i'm glad you came with me, jongin. i'm sure yeollie misses you a lot."

 

 

 

 

    jongin tried to suppress the lump in his throat and the tears stinging his eyes. "i...i miss him too."

 

 

 

 

    baekhyun squeezes jongin's hand again and doesn't let go.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

━━━━

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2:09 pm. home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

━━━━

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    when they arrive, it's significantly cooler than seoul was. jongin supposes summer is coming late this year for his hometown, as it always does. baekhyun keeps a hold on jongin's hand with a boquet of white daises in his other hand — one of chanyeol's favorite flowers. his heart is beating fast, it hurts. he hasn't seen chanyeol's grave since he was fifteen and he isn't quite sure if he's ready now. but jongin knows he needs to do this — for him, for chanyeol, for baekhyun, for chanyeol's family, even for kyungsoo. 

 

 

 

 

    jongin takes a couple of deep breaths and baekhyun holds his hand a little tighter. it's okay. 

 

 

 

 

    as they begin to approach the headstone, jongin notices two women standing at the said headstone, placing incense and flowers around it. he watches as baekhyun pulls him a little quicker, how baekhyun greets the women with a tight hug. all he can stare at is the black grave, standing tall. 

 

 

 

 

    park chanyeol, loving son, brother and friend. november 27th 1999 to may 29th 2014.

 

 

 

 

    jongin swallows hard, clenching his fists. he tries to take slow breaths but they feel shallower and shallower with every passing second. he shuts his eyes and jumps when he feels a hand on his again. it's baekhyun. 

 

 

 

 

    "it's okay, hm? it's okay."

 

 

 

 

    instantly, jongin feels calmer. he looks at the women, and recognizes them almost immediately. chanyeol's mom and his older sister, yoora. chanyeol's mother smiles welcomingly at jongin. 

 

 

 

 

    "it's so nice to see you, jongin. i have been worried about you."

 

 

 

 

    yoora offers an amusing smile. "you grew up — a lot."

 

 

 

 

    jongin laughs nervously. "thanks." his smile fades almost instantly. "i'm sorry for making you worry. and not coming to see him for so long."

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter