Kim Jongin - It's Gonna Be You (Part 2)

- KPOP ONESHOTS -

 

 

I slowly put my other hand on my chest. Yes, I was indeed right. My heart was beating so fast. My dearest heart, can you please calm down...don't be too excited. Jongin might hear it, you know. I prayed to myself. I'm sure that my face is now turning a darker red.

 

 

While trying my best to contain my excitement, we soon reached the park.

 

 

"Ah Ha...y-you can take a seat first, I-I'll just get us something to drink," he scratched the back of his head and gave me a glance for a quick 2 seconds. I nodded my head and he went off almost immediately.

 

 

Okaaay...that's weird. Now I'm one hundred and ten percent sure that there is something up about Jongin. He's acting way stranger today. Jongin is always a confident guy. He never stutters in front of me.

 

 

And for me? I too have something to tell him that I would like to let out of my chest for the past five years. Since yesterday's call from him, I made up mind to say it at today's meeting. But, from the way he is and his action... Ermmm... I might have to think back... I let out a long sigh.

 

 

Then, sudden thoughts that I wish would not occur, came. What if... today he made up his mind for us to stop seeing each other? Since he's busy with work and I'm busy with school? What if he decided to break this friendship? What if...-

 

 

"Here you go." That familiar voice interrupted my train of thoughts. Jongin passed me a cup of hot tea and took a seat beside me. He sits so close to me that even if I moved my hand, it would brush against his. I sipped on my tea slowly as to calm my nerves down. After a few seconds of silence, I heard him letting out a long breath.

 

 

"Sorry." Jongin started.

 

 

I turn to face him. I took my time to read his face. The way his eyebrows met in the middle. The way his eyes dart from side to side. The way he keeps biting his lips. He looks like he was...nervous? Jongin being nervous with me?

 

 

Jongin who have been my best friend for almost 10 years is nervous around me?

 

 

He turns to face me. Immediately those brown orbs found mine. "I'm sorry Ah Ha."

 

 

Wait, why does his tone suddenly turn so serious? Friendship. Break up. W-what if... what if he's r-really going to say it?

 

 

"I'm sorry Ah Ha. I-I don't think I can do this anymore...." N-no Jongin, please don't do this. I myself am not sure when did my eyes got so teary. I put my cup at the side and quickly held both of his hands. But not letting pass that electric feeling the moment our hands touched.

 

 

"Jo-jongin...please don't do this." I looked back at him with teary-eyed.

 

 

"I can't... I want to stop this friendship between us..." I put my head down, I just cannot believe this. "...wait...why are you crying pabo?" His thumb delicately against my cheek.

 

 

Hold on. What...? Pabo? Did he just call me pabo? Is he for real?

 

 

Jongin gradually pulled me in his embrace and rub my back as to comfort me. With a gentle voice, he continued his sentence.

 

 

"I want us to stop with this 'friendship label' as I want us to be more than that. I want to take our relationship to another level."

 

 

He drew his lips close to my ear before uttering the next words.

 

 

"I want you to be my girlfriend."

 

 

I pulled out of his embrace and stared at him. I'm not dreaming, am I? I guess I was staring at him like he had grown horns on his head which led him to let out a chuckle.

 

 

He smiled, showing his perfect set of teeth. He cupped my cheeks with both hands and look straight into my eyes, conveying his emotions. "Yes, and you're not dreaming."

 

 

Jongin cleared his throat.

 

 

"Shin Ah Ha, yes, I've can't stop this feeling from growing, these past five years. I've known you long enough and you're the only girl that knows me inside and out. I've seen boys ask for your number. They try to get close to you, tried getting your attention. But honestly, you don't know how much I wanted you all by myself. I want to be the only guy that could get your attention, kindness, your smile that could light up someone's day. The only guy that lends his shoulder for you to cry on, the only guy during your ups and lastly, the only guy that will cherished you with all the love you deserve. This time I'm going to be selfish..." He took both of my hand in his, but still not breaking the eye-contact.

 

 

"Shin Ah Ha, will you be Kim Jongin's girlfriend?"

 

 

"J-Jongin..." I don't know how or what to reply him, I mean can you believe it? My best friend or would I say my crush that I had on for the last five years just confessed to me? OH MY GOD. My crush has the same feelings as me. It's not a one-sided love after all.

 

 

"Ah Ha...?" Jongin called me waiting for my answer.

 

 

"Yes, Jongin, yes. Shin Ah Ha would like to be Kim Jongin's girlfriend!" I cried out. Who would have known that Kim Jongin was having the same feelings as me for the past five years?

 

 

"Yah... why are you crying again?" Jongin asked worriedly.

 

 

What I'm crying? I, myself didn't realized that I was crying again. But this time I know the reason, it's not about something bad or anything. This time I'm crying out of happiness. I wanted to wipe off my tears but Jongin beat me to it. Why does his hand feel so smooth against my skin?

 

 

I slowly peeped up to Jongin. I don't why I felt shy all the sudden. Is it because that we are now a couple? I saw Jongin's gaze on me from my eyes to my lips. Without realizing, I felt Jongin's breath on my lips. He glimpses back at me eyes as he was asking for permission. I replied him with the sweetest smile. I mean hell yes, I had been waiting for this moment for so long. Also, his plump lips on mine.

 

 

The moment his lips touched mine, I swear, I felt fireworks exploding in my stomach.

 

 

The kiss which lasted for a few seconds had my heart beating wildly against my ribcage, I guess even Jongin could hear it. I pulled away slowly. I took a few breaths to calm down. Jongin connect our foreheads together and let his brown orbs stare into mine.

 

 

His next words had me melted, "I love you, beautiful. And it's true when I said that I had had this feeling since the last five years." Jongin smiled at me with those perfect lips of his. I blushed. I laid my head at the crook at his neck which he pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arms around my shoulder leaving no space between us, which I gladly wrapped my arm around him too.

 

 

After a few minutes of silence. I asked Jongin the question that I had been thinking since just now.

 

 

"Jongin, why did you ask me to stop just now?" I asked out of curiosity.

 

 

"You really want to know?" I nodded immediately while looking up to him. He peered down at me and answered, "Your perfection."

 

 

"What?" I replied, confused by his answer.

 

 

Jongin continued, my cheeks ever so softly, "You know how difficult for me to retrain myself from being so close to you and do things that may affect our friendship. That's why these few years I busied myself with work. You know, when you're around me, my heart would just beat irregularly at a high speed, my hands will get all sweaty and my love for you would just double up, not as a friend, but as from a guy to this beautiful lady in front of me." I think after this, I could feel that my heart had literally melted into a pool.

 

 

How could I not fall for this godly human-being? A caring, understanding and sweetest guy for Shin Ah Ha.

 

 

I look up at Jongin and level my eyes with him. Letting these words out from my chest from the past five years, "I love you Jongin." For a short moment, I saw Jongin was surprised at my confession but replied with his sweetest smile which had me melting every time he did that. Aren't I the luckiest girl?

 

 

"I love you too, beautiful, I love you so much," with that he placed his lips on my forehead. His action could not get any sweeter than this. I love this guy. I love Kim Jongin. I'm looking forward to go on this journey of Kim Jongin and Shin Ah Ha.

 

 

-------------------------

 

 

Hey everyone!!!

 

Comment down what you think and upvote if you like it!

Thank you! <3

 

Love, dreamyclouds_