Chapter 8

Beyond Our Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

||Chapter 8||

 


"What are you doing here, Wonho?" asked Jeonghan with his straight face.


"Jeonghan-ah, can we talk?" asked Wonho.


"There is nothing to talk," said Jeonghan calmly, he pulls Mingyu's hand to walk away.

"Jeonghan-ah please, I'm sorry I'm sorry I know it's my fault but that day I really scared and shocked with your mother rush's decision," Wonho runs and stops in front of Jeonghan, tries to stop Jeonghan from leaving. 

"There is nothing to talk Wonho, it's really nothing!" Jeonghan raises slightly his voice, he tries to not make a scene in the public. 

"Jeonghan-ah, please!" Wonho grabs Jeonghan's hand. 

Mingyu immediately grabs Wonho's hand, "Let's him go!" 

"I know you are his bodyguard but I need to talk to him," speaked Wonho.

"For your information Wonho, he is my husband, we are married, so please let me go!" said Jeonghan, he wrenches his hand from Wonho's grip. 

"What? Are you crazy or what? Marrying a bodyguard? Are you that desperate?" questioned Wonho.

"Watch your mouth and mind your own business!" scoffed Jeonghan. 

Jeonghan and Mingyu walks away left Wonho who is dumbfounded after he learned the fact that Jeonghan is already married. 

.
.

"Are you okay?" asked Mingyu. 

"Yeah, I'm okay," Jeonghan smiles to Mingyu. 

"But Wonho--" 

"That is his problem not ours," Jeonghan replies without waiting Mingyu to finish his sentence, "Let's eat, you said just now you want to eat yukgaejang right? After that we go home okay?" said Jeonghan.

"I can't, I still have work to do in the office," replied Mingyu.

"He starts again...there come a workaholic Kim Mingyu~~~" teased Jeonghan.

Mingyu chuckles, "That's why I want to eat spicy food, so all my sense will be shocked and open up so that I can continue my work"

Jeonghan laughs listening to Mingyu's answer, "You have a very weird way... So, I will follow you to the office and wait till you finish your work," said Jeonghan.

"It's okay if you wanna go home first, I'll send you," offered Mingyu.

"No need, I can stay in office to settle minor matters while you finishes your work," explained Jeonghan.

"Are you sure?"

Jeonghan nods a few times rapidly to show his wish to follow Mingyu.

"Okay then," Mingyu beamings.


__________


"Hello," Jeonghan picks up the call.

"Hello Jeonghan, please don't hang up!" 

"What else do you want Wonho?" Jeonghan sighs. 

"Please, let me explain," asked Wonho through the line. 

"There is nothing to explain, I'm already married," Jeonghan stresses the point.

"But I know you still love me," Wonho doesn't give up. 

"Don't call me again!" Jeonghan hangs up.

Jeonghan sighs again, he knows Wonho is not a kind to give up easily when he started targeting something, and Jeonghan is very sure Wonho will call him again. 

His handphone is ringing again, without see who is the caller Jeonghan picks up the call.

"What else? I said don't call me again!!" 

"Jeonghan?" the caller speaks.

"Mingyu? I'm sorry, I thought someone else, I'm sorry okay," Jeonghan quickly lowers his tone when he heard Mingyu's voice on the line.

"Did Wonho call you again?" Mingyu asks gently. 

"Mmmm..." hummed Jeonghan and sighs. 

"Let's get fresh air for a moment, I will meet you at the roof top in 10 minutes," said Mingyu.

"What?" Jeonghan surprised. 

"Wait for me at the rooftop in 10 minutes, okay?" Mingyu hangs up the call.

Jeonghan blinks his eyes a few times before he arranges the papers and the files that messing on his table. He gets up and leaves his room to meet Mingyu.

.
.

As soon as Mingyu arrives at the rooftop he can see Jeonghan stands at the corner, looking away at the same height buildings around Yoon Corp.'s building. Mingyu walks closer slowly.

"Jeonghan," Mingyu called.

Jeonghan turns his body and right away smiles when he sees Mingyu is standing next to the wooden bench with two cups hot drinks in his hand. 

"Let's sit here," said Mingyu. 

Mingyu hands one of the cups to Jeonghan when both of them already take their own place on the bench. Both of them sip the coffee that Mingyu bought at the company's cafe.

"It's really feel refreshed to have a cup of coffee here once a while," said Mingyu. 

"Just come anytime if you want, this place is open to all staff especially you," replied Jeonghan, he sips the coffee, there is indeed no lie in Mingyu's statement, having a coffee on the rooftop of the working place really gives a different vibe. 

"Why don't you meet him once?" 

Jeonghan surprised with Mingyu's sudden suggestion, he turns his head to Mingyu. 

"If not he won't stop right?" said Mingyu, "Jeonghan-ah, just give him a chance to explain and after that whatever decision you made, I will accept it," continued Mingyu.

"Mingyu-ya!!" Jeonghan shocked, he never thought he would hear this from Mingyu. 

"After he's back, you are a bit restless, you smile less, you eat less, you sleep less, I noticed everytime you awoke in the middle of the night, I just want you to be happy, so just meet him," said Mingyu. 

Jeonghan looks at Mingyu before he shifts his gaze onto the ground. Mingyu gets up and pats softly Jeonghan's shoulder before he walks away and left Jeonghan to have a deep thought by himself. 


____________


"I know it's my fault leaving you but that time I really confused and shocked with your mother's decision and honestly I get really scared, marry without my family besides me never cross my mind," Wonho starts explaining.

Jeonghan at first didn't agree with Mingyu's suggestion to meet Wonho however he finally followed Mingyu's advice and he set to meet Wonho at Mammoth Coffee in Gangnam area after Wonho didn't stop calling and coming to Yoon Corp.'s building to meet him.

"So you just go and left me alone without saying anything to me?" asked Jeonghan sounds sarcastic.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, I know it's my fault and I know I was a fool, that's why I come back to explain it to you," apologized Wonho.

Jeonghan breathes out, "Okay, we can't go back to the past, so let the past be the past."

"So did you forgive me?" asked Wonho feels excited. 

Jeonghan hums. 

"Thank you Han-nie," Wonho really excited and he clasps his hand with Jeonghan's hand. 

"But, we should stay as friends only," said Jeonghan, slowly he pulls his hand from Wonho's.

"I thought you forgive me," Wonho confuses.

"Yeah, I forgive you but I'm already married you know and I feel weird you didn't hear about that," said Jeonghan. 

"I really never thought you would marry him, I really went away and cutted all the news from media, family and friends to think properly about us," explained Wonho, sound dissatisfied. 

"So, do you want to say this is my fault for marrying him?" Jeonghan feels annoyed.

"No, I'm sorry," Wonho immediately changes his tone, "By the way, thank you for forgiving me"

"We cannot return the time, so let it be," replied Jeongh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter