Chapter 4

Beyond Our Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

||Chapter 4||

 

"Okay now, let me introduce our new Head of Finance, Kim Mingyu," Jeonghan introduces Mingyu to the Board of Directors and others Head of departments after giving his usual briefing speech in their weekly executives meeting. 

"Hello, I am Kim Mingyu, I look forward to work with this great team and let's produce great result together for Yoon Corp.," said Mingyu confidently before he bows down. 

Jeonghan doesn't know why he smiles proudly to see most of the members from Board of Directors look convince with the way of Mingyu represented himself with his confidence. The fact that Jeonghan can't deny is Mingyu really has charisma to charm people around him. Even though the appointment of Mingyu had been approved by the Board of Directors through the special meeting they held before, looking at their expression when Mingyu started talking is really satisfying for Jeonghan. 

After finished the introduction session and their weekly meeting, Mingyu is being led to his own office by his assistant, Jung Chaeyeon.

"Chaeyeon-ssi, please inform our department staff I want to hold a short meeting after lunch hours, I need to know financial status of our on-going project and inform them I just want some briefing regarding our department," told Mingyu to his assistant, he needs some times to go through the current year financial status and for that reason he set the meeting after lunch. 

"Okay sir, I will," replied Chaeyeon. 

"This way sir," Chaeyeon continues leading Mingyu to their way. 

Mingyu smiles, of course he knows really well the way to the finance department even so he lets Chaeyeon doing her works without saying anything. 


 _____________


A few weeks has passed since Mingyu started working in Yoon Corp. As Mingyu's promise, everyday Jeonghan came home with him if he didn't finish late and he waited for Jeonghan to finish if he finished early, he has no problem to wait for Jeonghan since he's already accustomed to Jeonghan's working schedule. 

"Jeonghan, I have a favor to ask from you," said Mingyu, glances at Jeonghan before he pays his attention back to his driving. 

"What?" asked Jeonghan.

"Can you follow me going back to my hometown to meet my mother? It's only for one night," requested Mingyu.

"Why should I?" Jeonghan starts to get annoy. 

"My mom know the fact that I already got married, so she wanna meet you since she couldn't attend our wedding that day, please I'm asking for the sake of my mother," asked Mingyu gently. 

Mingyu could not delay it any longer since their marriage almost enter the third month and his mother keep asking him to come home to bring Jeonghan. 

Jeonghan turns his head to look at Mingyu, he hums to agree with the request. Mingyu beams and feels relief at the same time. 

"We will go this week, I don't have any free times after that," Jeonghan says. 

"Okay, thanks Jeonghan," replied Mingyu.

Jeonghan just hums again for the reply. 


_______________

 

Right after they arrived at Mingyu's house, both of them pays a respect to Mingyu's mother by deeply bow as a tradition for the newlywed since this is the first time Jeonghan meets his mother-in-law. As much as Jeonghan reluctant to do these kind of act, he still needs to respect Mingyu's mother as an elder. 

"Jeonghan-ah, how's your mother? Is she fine?" asked Mingyu's mother after they finished with the tradition. 

"She's fine eomeonim, she send her regards to you and also the gifts," Jeonghan smiles and gestures to the wrapped gifts set on the coffee table in the living hall of the well-maintained conventional countryside house owned by Mingyu's mother. However Jeonghan could see the furniture and the appliances here are quite modern. Maybe Mingyu bought them for his mother, thought Jeonghan.

"She shouldn't tiring herself with the gifts, she must has a hard time after your father's left," said Mingyu's mother, "You also, right?" Mingyu's mother continues while holding Jeonghan's both hand. 

"A bit hard at the beginning, but I think we are fine now," Jeonghan becomes soft with Mingyu's mother's touch. 

Mingyu's mother smiles warmly while looks at Jeonghan. She knows the pain of losing someone won't go away easily, she still can see the sadness from Jeonghan's eyes even though Jeonghan is smiling at her now. 

"Let's take a rest, you two must be tired," said Mingyu's mother, "Mingyu~~" she calls her son.

"Yes, eomma."

"Bring Jeonghan to your room, let him rest, you also should get one, let's save other stories for tomorrow okay," said Mingyu's mother, and she smiles. 

Jeonghan and Mingyu chuckle. 

"Eomma, you go in first, we will take a rest after you go in," replied Mingyu.

"Yes, eomeonim," agreed Jeonghan.

"Yes, I'll go in now, have a good sleep Jeonghan," said Mingyu's mother.

"Yes, eomeonim, you too, have a good sleep," replied Jeonghan.

Mingyu smiles looking at his mother and Jeonghan. Before they arrived Mingyu a little bit nervous, he didn't know how Jeonghan will react in front of his mother but now he can relax because Jeonghan did more than he wished for.  


.
.
.


The cold from the autumn night interrupted Mingyu's sleep. He usually either rolled up himself in the blanket or endure it and continue his sleep but he heard the sound of someone grits the teeth and groans in the cold. He quickly turns, looks at his side and he found Jeonghan curls up under the blanket beside him resisting the cold. Mingyu gets up switches on the light and go straight checking the heater. He sighs and immediately comes back to Jeonghan's side. 


"Jeonghan-ah, the heater is not working well" told Mingyu, Jeonghan just keep his silent while fighting the cold. 

Mingyu bites his lower lip for a moment while glances at the malfunction heater, maybe the heater is broken because it is not in use for too long since the last time Mingyu overnight in his room is last year.

He reaches for Jeonghan's cold hands and rubs them against his to transfer the heat. There is no way the heater could be repaired in this late night. He repeats it several times however Jeonghan is still trembling. Mingyu opens the cupboard and brings out another blanket for Jeonghan and quickly covers Jeonghan with the blanket.

"Do you still feel cold?" asked Mingyu. 

Jeonghan wants to answer but his mouth trembles makes him hard to speak. He only can nods to respond Mingyu. 

Mingyu couldn't find other ways, he lies down and pulls Jeonghan into his arms, covers them with the blanket. Jeonghan snuggles up against Mingyu's chest looking for more warmth. Mingyu rubs Jeonghan's back to stop Jeonghan from shivering, "Is it still cold?" Mingyu whispers.

"Hmm but it's bearable..." answered Jeonghan slowly.

"I'm sorry I should check it earlier," Mingyu feels guilty. 

"It's okay, it's not like you will know when it will break down," said Jeonghan who starts to feel comfortable in Mingyu's arms, even the cold is still here but it feels better. The awkwardness he felt at first, quickly thrown far away by Jeonghan because of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter