(1)

My Circus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's good to be back, right?" Jessica smiled at Tiffany. Tiffany smiled back though she doesn't really feel like smiling.

'Is it really?'  Tiffany sighed as her last memory in Korea flashed back to her.

 

"Yah! How many times would you try to ruin my date!" Her ex shouted at her.

"Taeyeon-ah. . . I'm sorry."

"That's what you always say Miyoung!"

"Tae, I know this is too much for me to ask, can you please not date?"

"What?! You're selfish you know! You're the one who broke it off! You said you're going back to U.S and maybe I should not be locked by our long distance relationship! I'm doing as you say right?" Taeyeon huffed.

"I-... I'm going tomorrow, Tae. Will you see me off?"

"No."

"Oh..." Tiffany looked down and bit her lip. Taeyeon saw this and sighed as she never want to hurt Tiffany.

"Stop this already, okay? We-... it's not the same anymore, we broke up. It's over for us, Miyoung-ah."

"I know, I'm sorry," Tiffany sob and covered with her hand. 

"You're crying again." Taeyeon said.

"I know, I'm such a crybaby, aren't I?" Tiffany faked a chuckle, while wiping her tears.

"What do you really want me to do?" Taeyeon said as she furrowed her brows.

"Tae will you... will you still wait for me? Please?" Tiffany feels her eyes blur with water again.

"I can't promise. You should know that." 

"Of course I know, I... guess I just wanted to try my luck." Tiffany smiled at Taeyeon.

"Well I guess this is goodbye for now, Taeyeon-ah. You don't have to worry about Miyoungie destroying your date anymore," Tiffany faked another chuckle.

"But you know, I'll always come back for you. No matter what," Tiffany kissed Taeyeon's cheek as she walked out of Taeyeon's apartment.

 

 

That was 5 years ago. 

'Did she wait for me?' Tiffany thought as she opened the door to the apatment she used to live. It was the one next to Taeyeon's. She wondered if Taeyeon is still next door. 

"Thank you for fetching me, Jess." Tiffany said.

"Always my pleasure. Anyways, how 'bout we go to the mall and eat snacks then shop some of your necessities?"

"Yeah, sure. My treat." Tiffany smiled.

 

 

"Wow, Tiff. Still the same, you shop a lot."

"Well I guess bad habits never change," Tiffany shrugged as she pay for her items.

"Talking about bad habits, look at the next cashier." Jessica smirked.

Tiffany looked at the direction Jessica said. 

"Well I guess it's really true. Bad habits never change," Jess shrugged as she shook her head from her friend who was still looking at that direction.

Meanwhile, Tiffany still can't believe she's seeing her past lover just near her. It's just her 1st day here since 5 years but Tiffany was mesmerized on how Taeyeon's face got a lot more prettier.

"Hey Tiff, It's your turn." Jessica nudged her.

"Oh- uhm yeah..." Tiffany's face turned red.

 

"She's still there, want to talk to her?" Jessica said as she pointed Taeyeon to Tiffany secretly after paying.

"Uhm, maybe some other day."

"Hmm, I don't think so. She's coming our way. I'm going on my way, bye Tiffy~!" Jess said as she pushed Tiffany forward slightly and then jogged away.

"Jess-" Before Tiffany can call her friend, she bumped on someone as planned by Jessica. Kim Taeyeon.

"O-oh... Hi uhm Taeyeon." Tiffany cleared .

"Oh Hi Tiffany. You're back?" Taeyeon greeting her but doesn't seem to be as flustered as her, hurt Tiffany. She asks herself if she has no effect on Taeyeon anymore.

"Uhm y-yeah, just today. I-uhm kind of decided to shop for necessities."

"Oh That's good. Until when are you staying here?"

"I'm back for good... Taeyeon-ah," Tiffany offered a warm smile. Taeyeon nodded at that.

"Well, if you don't mind I got to go now," Taeyeon was about to go when Tiffany tugged Taeyeon's wrist.

"Taeyeon, wait."

"Yeah?"

"Do you-... Do you still live at the old apartment? I was just wondering."

"Yeah, never moved."

"Ohh..."

Taeyeon was about to go again when, ""Then do you mind having lunch later?"

"Hmm?" Taeyeon raised her brows in a questioning manner.

"I- uhm I just moved back at my old apartment." Tiffany gulped 

"Ohhh, the one beside mine?"

"Ah yeah, that."

"Okay then. Just text me, i still use the old number."

"Okay uhm see you." Tiffany smiled.

 

When she went home, she took a deep exhale. It was like whenever she's around Taeyeon, her breath is automaticaly held up and stopped. 

'Woah, Kim Taeyeon, why am I not surprised that I'm still not over you?' She closed her eyes and touched her chest. 

"I'm so dead." She muttered to herself.

'By any chance, has she- has she moved on? Or has she waited for me?' Tiffany thought once again and continued to talk to herself as if she was about to go crazy.

 

Unbeknownst to her, the other side was also in pure shock and confusion. 

 

Tiffany was a known social butterfly in their group. But now, she was not sure anymore if she's that kind of person. She can't even utter a word or think of a topic. She just keep on munching her food. In front of Taeyeon.

"So, why'd you come back?" Taeyeon decided to ask breaking the silence. In her sensitive mood, Tiffany felt like the question of Taeyeon was her being unwanted by the latter near.

"Jess and I decided to base here." Tiffany said and stopped eating as she only poked the food in her plate.

"Oh." Complete silence after that. Tiffany wanted to ask Taeyeon somethin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter