1/1

Loving You

Luhan was seven years old when he met Chanyeol, who was five at the time. He was just a little boy playing on the swings on his own. Seeing him, had his younger self feel bad and offer to play with him instead. Something the little boy accepted with a big smile on his face.

If only Luhan knew how much that little boy will become a pain later on, he would have left his little on those damn swings.

But alas he hasn’t. So now he was stuck with the man who loves to make his life miserable. And Sehun. He was also stuck with Sehun too.

Now Sehun he met a little later on, when Chanyeol introduced him with the simple ‘this is my best friend, hyung. His name is Sehun’. Simple enough, right? Wrong.

He really should have left his little on those swings.

Sehun was two years younger than even Chanyeol was, so it left Luhan with a four year age difference. As a result, the two never actually hung out on their own. He would see the other all the time but it was always in a group setting with the rest of their friends.

That is until Luhan found himself in need of a roommate as his college graduation neared. Going back to his parents wasn’t an option because even though they loved him dearly, they would just pester him about getting a ‘real job’. He gets enough of that without living with them, the man can’t imagine the constant nagging going down if he moves back in.

So, he was stuck with the option of moving into his own apartment. But, of course it’s not that easy. He would need an apartment big enough that they can actually practice in and store their instruments, because up until now they practiced either in his parent’s garage or, as he started collage, in the almost always vacant music room on campus.

And that led him to the current predicament of needing a roommate, as he cannot afford something like that all on his own. They did finally start having steady work thrown their way, but when shared between four people it just wasn’t enough.

However, the one person from his friend group who volunteered was no other then Sehun. Of course it had to be Sehun. Sehun who was just starting his college career, but didn’t want to live in a dorm room. Saying that he would rather room with someone he knew. Which then let him to Luhan who has been complaining how none of their other friends want to move in with him.

Luhan wasn’t particularly happy with that offer. It’s not that he didn’t like the guy, he just didn’t know him. Sehun was always just Chanyeol and Jongin’s friend. They all hung out but never him and Sehun alone. He was mostly quiet, something that Luhan appreciated. But from what he could see from watching him, he was as much of a little as the latter two.

However he didn’t really have that much choice as he still couldn’t afford anything on his own.

So they ended up moving in together.

Luhan complained about it the whole damn time, but eventually decided that it’s fine as long as that was the only part of his life that the boy was in. It’s not like they even saw each other much while living together anyway. Sehun had school and dance practice during the day and Luhan worked most evenings. It was a rare day that the two found themselves eating a meal together or plopping in front of the TV to catch up on a show or two.

Sehun was actually quite nice to live with, Luhan found himself thinking as months past. He was tidy and quiet and the man barely even noticed he was there. The two didn’t talk much, but sometimes there was time for that too. It was mostly as Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Yixing left after practice that Sehun would move from the kitchen table, where he was working on essays and schoolwork while the group did their thing, to the couch where Luhan sat and compliment him on how good they sounded that day. That’s when they would talk, with the TV more as the background noise than anything else.

It was actually kind of nice.

The blond was may be stuck living with the other, but there are much worst people to live with. Like Chanyeol.

He has seen what his and Soo’s apartment looks like. It just left him thankful for the fact that Chanyeol wasn’t the one to take him up on the roommate offer. He would have been ready for murder within days.

It was almost two years into them living together that Sehun leaned in and kissed him one night after practice.

He kissed him back. But it wasn’t because he liked him or anything. He just enjoyed the feeling of the others lips on his own that’s all.

From then on kissing was also added to their day to day.

Chanyel, being the pain in the that he is, kept teasing the blond about it after he found out. It just got him rolling his eyes at the taller because he was being ridiculous.

It’s not a big deal.

It wasn’t like they were dating or anything. Yes, they were kissing, and sometimes luhan did cuddle up to him as they watched TV when it was cold and he didn’t feel like getting up to grab a blanket. And Sehun has been invited by his parents to many family dinners. But that was out of curtsey then anything. It would have been rude to invite just Luhan and leave Sehun to eat alone.

It had nothing to do with feelings. Luhan doesn’t do feelings.

 

 

It was Friday and Luhan was lounging on the couch, watching TV as he waited for Sehun to come back home. Said man sent him a text earlier, saying he will be a little late.

Which was fine. He can wait.

Every Friday the two would go out to eat. It was for convenience reasons of course. Monday to Thursday Luhan would cook as he was home most days, while sehun was in school. And then during the weekends in was sehuns turn. Fridays were just ‘I don’t feel like cooking so let’s go out’ days. Luhan actually enjoyed them.

Often times it was the only time the two were able to spend some time together and hang out. Especially lately, as Sehun was nearing his own graduation and Luhan’s band started getting more and more jobs as their popularity grew. They may live together, but they were both very busy people.

Sehun finally came back an hour later, looking awful and dragging his feet.

“Are you alright?” Luhan felt concerned as the other plopped down on the couch next to him with a drawn out sigh at finally being able to sit down.

“It was a long day. I’m exhausted.” He stretched his legs out in front of him. Their choreographer was a today. He didn’t let anyone home until every single one of them got the whole dance perfect. It was a pain to say the least.

“Well go to sleep then.” Luhan didn’t necessarily want to cancel their plans, but Sehun looked so tired and he can technically just order something in anyway.

Opening his eyes back up and looking at Luhan, he protested. “NO hyung. It’s date night. I can’t just go to sleep.”

Date night??

“Well,” Luhan swallowed hard at the words. “we can just go out tomorrow.” He offered.

“We can’t. You work tomorrow. Has to be today.”

Sehun was right; he did have a wedding to sing at tomorrow. Which means a whole day of practice and not coming home until at least 3am. “Let’s at least order in then, hmm?” He was going to order something in anyway, wasn’t he? “You don’t look like you’re capable to go anywhere. We could just order pizza and watch a movie or something.”

“Pizza sounds nice.” Sehun smiled.

“Great. I’ll order while you go shower.” Luhan pushed him off of the couch, hearing the satisfying thump followed by a groan. “You stink Sehunnie.”

“Will do Hyung.” Getting up and heading towards the bathroom, Sehun stopped to leave a sweet kiss on Luhan’s lips. “Forgot to say hi.” He grinned.

Luhan’s heart did a funny thing as he watched him go.

Maybe they are dating. Just a little bit.

 

 

Sehun was a little .

Luhan never once in his life wanted to live with him, nor date him. And yet here he is, stuck with both. He doesn’t even know how this whole thing happened to him, and the only conclusion he came to as he woke up next to the other for the first time was that it was Sehun’s fault.

It was Sehun’s fault for knowing how to cheer him up when he was worried or down. His fault for kissing him the way he does, and making him feel goosebumps with a single touch. It was all Sehun’s fault.

“Goodmorning, hyung.” Sehun greeted the other sleepily, eyes barely opened as he wrapped an arm around Luhan’s waist and pulled him closer, leaving a quick kiss on his lips.

Yap; the blond thought, as his heart beat faster and a small smile found itself on his lips. It was all Sehun’s fault.

 

 

“I’m sorry I can’t make it back in time for your birthday, hyung.” Sehun’s voice sounded bitter over the phone, Luhan smiled at hearing it. This little . He always worries about the stupidest things.

“It’s fine Sehun.” He reassured him. “Baekhyun ah said to clear out my whole day because they have something planned anyway. So I don’t know if we would have been able to spend any time together even if you were here.”

“Still. I hate that I have to be here.”

Luhan laughed at the tone of his voice. “You sound like you’re in jail and not touring with one of the best artists of our generation.”

“No, I’m not. That’s you.”

Luhan smiled. This little .

“You’ll come back in two weeks. We can celebrate then. I’ll clear my day.” The blond walked to the calendar hanging on the wall to mark a little X on the date Sehun has told him he will be back, as a hum could be heard from the other line.

“That better be a promise, Luhan.”

“It is.”

Someone was yelling for Sehun on the other side, and he moved the phone away from his ear for a second before coming back. “I have to go.” There was a pause. “Love you, hyung.”

Hearing the words, the blond was taken back as the line went silent. Waiting.

It’s been six years and he was still stuck with this guy.

Maybe Luhan doesn’t mind being stuck with him though.

“Love you too.” He smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------

Just a short little thing I thought of while mentioning their relationship in Forgetting You. You should really go check it out if you haven't.

Thanks for reading!

Please comment and upvote!!!