Chapter Ten

Exclusively Yours

Kyungsoo is in a hurry. He almost tripped while running towards Chanyeol’s house the moment he stepped off the taxi.

“Chanyeol! Chanyeol! Are you still there? Please open up. I need to talk to you. The inside of the house is dark but the porch light is on so he assumed that Chanyeol is inside. Kyungsoo knocked harder on the wooden door. “Chanyeol, please. I know you’re in there. Please talk to me. I want to say so many things to you.”

But he hasn’t heard anything inside the house. Maybe Chanyeol got so angry with everything that he said earlier.

“Chanyeol, come on. If you don’t open the door, I will be forced to destroy it.”

He slammed his body on the door but it doesn’t even budge. He took a few steps away to look at the house. A window is opened on the second floor. But how can he go up there? He doesn’t see any ladders around.

He knocked again on the door. “Chanyeol, if you think I’ll give up, then you’re wrong. I love you and if I need to demolish your house so that we can properly talk, then I’ll do it.” Silence answered him. But he won’t give up. “I’m not kidding. Chanyeol, please… I’m really sorry, okay? I was just angry that’s why I said those words earlier. Because I cannot understand you. You like me, but you told me that we can’t be together. Why? What is your reason? Chanyeol, please. I need to hear it.”

But still hasn’t heard anything from Chanyeol. Now he knew he needed to take some drastic measure. He tried so hard to catch Chanyeol’s heart but he always fails. Will he give up now? He already made a decision. If Chanyeol turned him down again, he will convince him otherwise, even if he has to do it again and again. He won’t go down without a fight. Even for the last time.

He slammed his body again on the door for the second time. “Ouch!” He massaged his shoulder. “This won’t work.”

Kyungsoo looked at the opened window again. And now he noticed the tree nearby. The branches are close to the window.

Kyungsoo removed his coat and rolled his sleeves up. He started climbing the tree. “Chanyeol, if I don’t love you one bit, I will kick your bum because of everything that I’m doing just to get to you.”

But just about to step on the first branch when he heard Baekhyun’s voice.

“Hey, Kyungsoo what are you doing up there?”

“Nothing!”

“Good thing I went here to take a closer look and to make sure that it’s you. When I saw you, I thought you’re a thief. Wait, you’re supposed to be in Sehun’s exhibit, right?”

“I just went there. How about you? You’re supposed to be there as well. He’s waiting for you.”

“I’m about to go there. Bye.” Baekhyun was already walking away when he stopped as if he remembered something. “Oh, by the way. This is Chanyeol’s house. What are you doing here?”

“I told you it’s nothing. Go now before Sehun can nag you for being late.”

“Wow you’re so hostile. I was just asking because I saw Chanyeol earlier. He’s looking for you.”

“Chanyeol? You saw him?” Kyungsoo looked at the dark, quiet house. “You mean, he’s not inside?”

“What on earth is happening now? He’s at your unit looking for you and you’re here trying to climb inside his… house. Ah, whatever! Just go there. It seems like he has something important to say.” Baekhyun smirked before looking away from him. “Maybe that jerk will ask your hand for marriage. Hey, it’s about time. Okay, good luck.”

Baekhyun wasn’t even that far when he jumped down the tree and ran towards his condominium unit. He cannot understand what he is feeling now that he is so close in seeing Chanyeol. And he will really declare his plan of all-out-wage-to-capture-his-heart-by-hook-or-by-crook.

Even a few meters away from his unit, he can already see Chanyeol standing in front of his door. He is holding a bunch of flowers on his left hand and a small gift on the other. Is it for him?

He’s about to approach him when he heard Chanyeol say something in front of his door, just like what he is doing earlier at the man’s house.

“I’m so stupid, I admit it.” He heard Chanyeol say. “I’m a jerk. A bastard. Sure, I possess all the bad traits in this world. I will admit all of that, just give me a chance to explain everything.”

Kyungsoo is about to call him when Chanyeol continued his monologue.

“Remember the time I first met you? Sehun was with you but somehow, you just made me notice you instead. I don’t know how that happened because as far as I know, I was supposed to be attracted to your friend. I thought that was normal because it’s just the first time that we ever see each other. And then there was our little talk that Sunday morning at Viva Polo. Just the two of us then, and that’s when I realized I noticed you because you’re really cute. And funny. You make me laugh and smile. So when you accepted my offer to go to church together that afternoon, I got excited to see you. I don’t know what happened that day, but I just knew it was one of the best Sundays I ever had. I got the chance to know you better and I completely forgot my attraction to your friend. Whenever I see Sehun, I always want to thank him. Because of him, I got to meet you.

“And then I started noticing the way you look at me. I liked it. Because every time you look at me like that, I feel like…” Chanyeol cleared his throat. “The most handsome man in the world. You make me feel so good about myself…”

Kyungsoo’s heart rate doubled. If that’s the case, before he can have feelings for Chanyeol, the latter had feelings for him first.

Kyungsoo carefully took his steps towards Chanyeol so that he won’t disturb him. He wants to hear everything. Besides, it’s Chanyeol’s turn to confess his feelings to him because he already did it.

 “All of the things that you’ve done to make me notice you, of course I’ve noticed it all. How can I not? Wearing that sinfully ripped jeans made me want to punch all the guys who looked your way.”

Kyungsoo smirked at that.

“And then you asked me out.” Chanyeol continued. “Because of too much shock and excitement, I don’t know how to react. After a while, I thought that I should’ve done that because I’m starting to like you back then. But then again, I thought there will be plenty of time when I can ask you to go out with me and when you asked me out it was like a beautiful dream. I would have said ‘yes’ if it wasn’t for my other commitment that night. I told myself I’ll make it up to you. If I was able to finish my work renovating my other café restaurant, I would have asked you out that night myself. But the thing is, some unexpected things happened. I wasn’t able to fulfill my secret promise to you. I expected you to be mad at me. But that didn’t happen. You still looked at me like I was the most handsome guy on this planet. When you came to my house one day to take care of me, and you fell asleep on my couch, I watched you the whole time. And I felt something just kicked inside me and I realized—wow! This is the man who wants me. This is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. The man whose looks just made me want to shout ‘I’m the king of the world!’ It’s kinda stupid, I know. But that’s how I felt that moment…”

Kyungsoo gasped. “Hey! I heard that!”

“What—” Chanyeol immediately turned around. “Kyungsoo? Why are you there? I mean, you’re supposed to be inside… You heard everything what I’ve said?”

“Yes. Is everything true?”

Chanyeol stared at him. “Yes.”

“Why are you telling those things just now? And why are you confessing at my door?”

“I thought you were inside.”

“Why would I be in my house? We saw each other at Sehun’s exhibit, right?”

“Well, when you left, I followed you. I was just stuck in traffic that’s why I wasn’t able to catch up on you. I thought you went back to your home.”

Kyungsoo knew that everything he heard from Chanyeol is enough for him to accept his feelings. But he wants to challenge the taller guy a little bit for making things difficult between them.

“Why didn’t you stop me from leaving? So that you won’t look stupid talking at my door.”

“I know.”

“Then why didn’t you?”

“I’m willing to do everything to make you feel better after I made things complicated, even if it takes forever. Just as long as I can still have your heart.”

“You already have my heart, Chanyeol. You just don’t know what to do with it.” Kyungsoo sighed. He already forgave Chanyeol, even with the sins he haven’t committed yet. “One question. Do you love me?”

“Yes. Do you love me?”

“Are you crazy? Never in my life have I thought I will make a guy notice me. But for the man I love, I threw away my pride. I bought those hideous jeans that almost cost me my fortune. Do you think I will doubt my feeling for you? Of course, I love you.”

“And I love you. I’m sorry I let you walk away from me. But I promise you from this night, I will still follow you even if you push me away. I was so stupid to even think of letting you go. Me and my stupid fears.”

“Yeah, you are stupid. So what is your plan now?”

Chanyeol closed the distance between them, threw the flowers and the gift away, took him in his arms and kissed him thoroughly, passionately, sweetly.

Kyungsoo pushed him away. “Hey!” He said to a dumbfounded Chanyeol. “Do you think I will forget what you did to me? You made me suffer.” Kyungsoo ran his tongue over his lower lip. He instantly changed his mind. “Damn! One more time.” Despite the height difference, he managed to grab Chanyeol’s neck and kissed him. At that instance, he forgot every hardship that he had. What’s important is that he loves Chanyeol. And Chanyeol loves him back. That was enough.

He felt Chanyeol smile in their kiss. Chanyeol’s arms tightened more around his body. He also felt his loud heartbeat.

“Wait.” Chanyeol was now panting as he struggled to take in some air. Even Kyungsoo felt the same thing but he wants to be drowned in Chanyeol’s kisses more.

“What?”

“Kyungsoo you’re supposed to hate me. I did so many things to hurt you.”

“I don’t want to. I want to feel my love for you. And besides, no matter what I do, I cannot stay mad at you. Believe me, I’ve tried that once. I ended up hating myself instead.” Kyungsoo laughed when he thought of the times when he wants to get his revenge on Chanyeol.

But Chanyeol didn’t laugh. He is just staring at his eyes. “I’m sorry I’ve hurt you.” He said. “I don’t want to lose you and I don’t ever want to see those tears in your eyes again.”

“Sure. But I just want to know something…”

Chanyeol nodded, as if he understood what he wants to ask him. “After I kissed you the first time, I offered you friendship, even if the truth is my real motive is us being far from friends. But I had to. Because I’m afraid to get hurt.”

“Hurt?”

“I had a girlfriend before. I loved her and I know she loved me too. But an opportunity for her to work overseas came. I was a struggling businessman then, so I understood that she chose the good career abroad. But I was really hurt back then. So that when you told me you’re going abroad when you get fired from your job, my defenses went up.”

“Chanyeol, I told you that because… well, because I don’t have anything to say. I won’t do it anyway.”

Chanyeol smiled. “I’m sorry. I almost lost you because of that.”

“I’m annoyed at you. But I understand.” Kyungsoo pecked Chanyeol’s lips. “It’s not that easy to lose something, or someone that you love. Just like what I have experienced when I lost my parents. I thought it was okay for a while. But as the time pass I realize when I get sick, no one will take care of me, I’d start crying.”

“I won’t let you be alone again.”

“Yes, please. And don’t worry, if you’ll let me, I’ll be a part of your life forever. And ever. I’ll stay by your side, even in your dreams you won’t see anyone but me.”

“I won’t mind.”

“And you won’t be my friend anymore because I’ll be your lover forever. That means my love for you will also be forever. So don’t you ever worry about that.”

“We have the same plans then.”

“Good. So, can we continue kissing now? Because I like it better than talking.” Kyungsoo leaned in.

“You read my mind.”

As Chanyeol took him in his arms once again and he tasted his sweet kisses, Kyungsoo was just so glad he didn’t give up on Chanyeol.

 


Oh my goodness I finally finished this story. Thank you so much for everyone who read this story, commented and upvoted. Next up is Baekhyun and Yixing's story titled Wandering Heart. Again, I want to thank everyone for bearing with me and staying with me all throughout this story. Merry Christmas, everyone and here's some ChanSoo for you ;)

Image result for chansoo gif 2018

Image result for chanyeol kyungsoo gif

Image result for chanyeol kyungsoo gif

And last but not the least...

Image result for chansoo gif 2018