Seasons

1.0 Seasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summer

 

- Good morning, Baekhyunnie ... -

- Uhm? Is it time to get up now? -

I yawned, sitting up on the bed. Although my eyes couldn’t stay open due to sleepiness and too much light illuminating our small bedroom, my sweaty and sticky body felt the need to detach from the sheets. I rubbed my eyes, scolding Chanyeol for putting out the air conditioning in the middle of the night.

- I turned off the air conditioning because I was afraid you would get sick with that cold air and the sweat on the skin.- he justified himself, going to the other room to prepare breakfast.

- I wouldn’t be sweaty if I had left it on! -

I was annoying in the morning. Well, actually I was like this at every hour of the day, seven days a week, including holidays.

- It's so hot today that even the juice in the fridge has not cooled! - he said a little later, coming back next to the bed and placing the tray with my first meal of the day on the legs that I kept crossed. I rubbed my hands, my lips at the sight of toast and jam. My stomach grumbled, leaving me no time to fill it well with that inviting breakfast.

- We could go out today, what do you think? - I proposed, grabbing the first slice that Chanyeol covered with strawberry jam.

- I don’t think it’s a good idea. - he replied, grabbing another slice and preparing it. I pouted, even though my mouth was full.

- With a nice day like this we can’t stay at home, don’t you think? - I grumbled, spitting here and there. He laughed, with his deep voice.

- And what would you do outside? -

- Go to the park, take a walk along the river, walk the dog ... -

- We don’t have a dog, Baek ... -

- Really?-

- We don’t have it.-

- What are we waiting to get one ?! -

Chanyeol crushed the slice of bread he had in his hand inside my mouth, trying to shut me up once and for all. I waved my hands, continuing to argue with incomprehensible verses. He the jam that remained on his thumb and reminded me that I hadn’t wanted a dog myself.

- What can I say ... I changed my mind! - I announced after swallowing.

- And who will take care of it? -

I didn’t even reflect for a moment before volunteering as a "dog’s food / water / poop responsible". The boy put his hands in his hair, shaking his head: he was already aware of the fact that my desire to do was only momentary and that that task would still be to him. But he loved me. Despite my character, despite my loquacity and though I always took it for granted, he loved me. Or, at least, he said it.

 

Autumn

 

- Good morning Baekhyunnie ... -

The strong smell of coffee awakened me from a bad nightmare. It was already morning, then? I opened my eyes enough to read what time it was: 7 am, not a minute longer.

- I came to get you out of bed early this morning! -

I didnt understand why Chanyeol was always so cheerful when he came to give me a good morning. Was there really something nice in 7 am in the morning?

- Five minutes ...- I begged him, taking my head under the covers. He laughed noisily. He always laughed noisily.

- I hope you slept well tonight. -

My eyes were so tired that they refused to open up despite the giant had started strumming his all-out guitar. He liked to play. And I liked to live the melodies he composed for me.

- I had a nice dream tonight, you know? -

- What kind of dream? ? - I asked, pulling the sheet from the front of my mouth, so that my ringing voice came out clear and strong: suddenly, my brain woke up.

- No, I'm not you.- he laughed, accidentally blowing one of the guitar strings and grinding his teeth in an attempt to put it back in place.

- That’s a shame. - I snorted, sitting down on the bed. I raised my arms to the sky, stretching my muscles and feeling the bones of my spine creak. I turned my head in the direction of the window, intrigued by what kind of weather it was outside: the wind blew hard and the first dead leaves of the trees fluttered lightly, drawing circles in the air. I felt a shiver running down my back: the idea of ​​leaving the house made me cold.

- I risked getting a nice cold yesterday! The wind was blowing so hard that the tips of my ears had turned red like fire!! -

- You could use them as a screen. - grinned, grasping my ears for the tips and pulling them as much as I could, in a vain attempt to copy his. He pouted, hugging the guitar.

- You’re not funny. And you know what? I was out to buy you a gift. -

- A GIFT?!? - I jumped out of the covers, crawling on the bed. I loved gifts. And I loved the fact that he bought them for me. He had always had the unusual habit of bringing me presents without any particular occasion. He simply liked to spoil me.

He stood up slowly, put the guitar on the ground and crouched in front of his bag. He fumbled for an infinite amount of time before he could find the surprise he had prepared for me.

-Tadaaan! - he screamed, presenting under my nose something soft and badly packed. I grabbed it with both hands, discarding it in a hurry like an 8-year-old child on Christmas Eve.

- What did you buy?? - I asked repeatedly, shredding the gift card. Chanyeol sat down next to me, untying his boots and advising me to be careful not to cut myself with the paper.

-… A-a scarf? - I was not a lover of scarves, indeed, I used to wander with the first three buttons of the shirt unfastened.

- I made it specially for you, because you don’t get sick on cold days like this! -

He had been really considerate to me ... too bad that the wool scarf was really too long.

- I could wrap myself from head to toe with this! - I laughed, trying to stretch it, but my arms were too short to do it. His face gave off an immense joy, despite my lack of enthusiasm in the face of that gift. He loved me. Although I didn’t appreciate him enough, although I often made fun of him, despite never giving him anything, he loved me. Or, at least, he said it.

 

Winter

 

- Winter is coming!! -

The giant plunged into the room, slamming his feet on the entrance mat. The snow broke off abruptly from his shoes, resting on the carpet and melting on it.

- You don’t enter in my room with those soaked and dirty boots! And then, you haven’t given me a good morning! -

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, undecided about how to reach me without dirtying the floor. Cleverly, he untied his shoes and l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter